Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

banned from Starbucks posted:

what in the gently caress?

Yeup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

banned from Starbucks posted:

ok i change my votes. The worst movie is whatever that poo poo is.

dude that write-up didn't even include the part where a puppet designed like a Jewish stereotype crawls up a pregnant black woman's vagina and rips her fetus out of her belly, and no not a single loving word of that is untrue.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Waffleman_ posted:

So did Hitchcock.

Hitchcock is just... a baffling movie. "Drunk rear end in a top hat superhero tries to rehab image" is fertile enough for a whole movie. But then there's the whole... other half of it.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Terrifier is a solid pick. I'm a horror gal through-and-through but that movie is straight smashed assholes.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Jurassic World is a good pick. It’s a profoundly ugly movie, from the cynical nostalgia baked into it, to the absolutely abysmal washed-out CGI, to the charmless characters who exhibit no personality outside of their occupations. I should like a movie that featured a subplot about the government using dinosaurs to hunt terrorists, but JW is so utterly joyless it can’t even be amusing in its stupidity.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Franchescanado posted:

It's kinda funny that they didn't think the scary dinosaurs were enough of an antagonist, so they get Vincent D'Onofrio to be a human villain. And then completely underused him.

It’s really weird that he has like, no impact on the story. You could completely remove him and none of the narrative beats would really change. You’d lose like, one action sequence and whoops there you go, can’t have events unfold naturally

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Clearly none of you are fans of 30 Odd Foot Of Grunts

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Pacific Rim kind of feels like a box of visuals dumped onto a table and aligned to imply some sort of plot. I went in pretty hype because I love GDT, but it felt so... meandering at times.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

I Before E posted:

Birdemic doesn't deserve to be put in that company, it's legitimately hilarious and doesn't have a vile message.

Yeah even if it's been meme'd out as gently caress, I can't really be mad at Birdemic. It's a labor of love. That love is blind and running into walls, but love nonetheless.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

The Nightmare On Elm Street remake is an incredible display of bad choices at every turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Das Boo posted:

I'm honestly surprised the new NoES movie didn't take the opportunity to make Freddy a misunderstood victim of a lynch mob who turned into a vengeful wraith. There was already something severely wrong with Nancy's mom in the original, seems like it'd be a fun path to explore.

It's just so right there. Like make him a scumbag townie, but not a molester/murderer and you could have him be the wise-cracking douchebag rear end in a top hat from the old movies and still give him a solid motivation for killing people.