Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Making the same mistake twice is never a good thing, makes one look quite foolish. let us not repeat the easily avoided mistakes of the past. Let us join defensive pacts against the two great conquerors if any are available for us to join.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Ladies and Gentlemen, there are ominous clouds on the horizon. We need swift action to guarantee peace and prosperity for future generations.

The Modernist Party proposes the following:

The Peace Through Strength Policy

The Haute Cour hereby orders the emperor-preferant, his court, and his regent to:

1. Invest all money required by the Visible Cities Act on military improvements to holdings across the empire;

2. Using marriage ties and all other available means, seek alliances with the sympathetic powers of Egypt/Nubia and Yurp to preserve the empire against hostile invading forces;

3. If embroiled in war, prioritize defense of territory targeted for conquest or invasion over wars sparked by parties seeking to claim the position of emperor (or empress) preferant itself.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Oct 1, 2020

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Military strength is one obvious means of ensuring our territorial integrity, but we should also not deny the ability of culture and the arts to win over enemies. Therefore, the Modernists would also like to propose a directive offering a chance of peace through prosperity:

We should ingratiate ourselves to our would-be conquerors by hosting them to attend a revived Olympics in Athens (You can make this just a tournament to avoid unnecessary modding, Hashim)

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

And if the feasts and the alliances fail, some, um, more extreme measures might be needed. Let's call this directive "peace through projectiles":

The imperial court should test the utility of Cathay’s so-called “fireworks” in combat situations.

I know this suggestion might seem fanciful but, just the other day, I saw a theatre performance about this very issue. In it, a fascinating young woman and a comedic talking dragon used a "firework" to trigger an avalanche against an invading army of Huns. The tool was a resounding success in the performance and I feel we should test its application here.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

House Redvers proposes that we investigate the old Ruman and Greek ruins in our territory so that we may better the future through knowledge of the past.

e: loving phoneposting

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Let it be known that the forced policy is formally recognised as an Act of Sedition.

Those responsible for it are hereby subject to the revocation of their primary titles.

Those party to it have the opportunity to recant their support and by doing so keep their lands.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
The assembly is no longer taking PROPOSALS, and is now open to VOTING.

If you're CHANGING your votes, please do so by making a NEW post.

Latest vote tally - Click HERE.

:siren:Proposed Policies:siren:

The Divine Inspiration Prerogative - Vijaya Party -

Ralepozozaxe posted:

- Add the Boiling Wharf (in game: Military Wharf, just rename it with the default bonuses) feature onto the Colossus of Julfar.

- Add the Longhouse of the Cour's Shieldmaidens (in game: Retinue, just rename it with the default bonuses) feature to the House of Groves. (The Honor Guard that can be summoned via this feature will be renamed the Cour's Shieldmaidens if possible)

-If we are not in a defensive war, have no active rebels, have a positive income, no powerful dangerous factions (+65% strength), we have less than 50% threat, The enemies combined forces are less than our own (including their allies), Have no truce with the target, and can avoid tyranny for the war (using bribes and other tools as necessary), we shall declare a war for the County of Socotra, using the casus belli that will best allow us to hand it out via the APA. The land and titles gained from this war will be distributed via the APA.

Support —

Opposition —

Title Reclamation Policy - Regency Party -

AJ_Impy posted:

1. Given the collapse of the Egyptian republic and ongoing turmoil, when an opportunity arises to reclaim a county or duchy formerly within the Dominion of Jerusalem (With the caveats that we are not in a defensive war, have no active rebels, have a positive income, no powerful dangerous factions (+65% strength), we have less than 50% threat, The enemies combined forces are less than our own (including their allies), Have no truce with the target, and can avoid tyranny for the war (using bribes and other tools as necessary)) we are to declare war for that county or duchy.

2. Where possible, county or duchy titles are to be restored to their rightful owning dynasty, prioritising those with extant claims. If the rightful owning dynasty has gone extinct, the APA applies.

Support —

Opposition —

The Peace Through Strength Policy - Modernist Party -

QuoProQuid posted:

The Haute Cour hereby orders the emperor-preferant, his court, and his regent to:

1. Invest all money required by the Visible Cities Act on military improvements to holdings across the empire;

2. Using marriage ties and all other available means, seek alliances with the sympathetic powers of Egypt/Nubia and Yurp to preserve the empire against hostile invading forces;

3. If embroiled in war, prioritize defense of territory targeted for conquest or invasion over wars sparked by parties seeking to claim the position of emperor (or empress) preferant itself.

Support —

Opposition —

Act of Sedition - Regency Party -

AJ_Impy posted:

Let it be known that the forced policy is formally recognised as an Act of Sedition.

Those responsible for it are hereby subject to the revocation of their primary titles.

Those party to it have the opportunity to recant their support and by doing so keep their lands.

Support —

Opposition —

:siren:Proposed Laws:siren:

none.

:siren:Proposed Directives:siren:

Send Court Chaplain to Research Culture in Jerusalem -

Ralepozozaxe posted:

With hard work we can truly have equality between men and women within our realm. I propose we put our Court Chaplain to work researching culture tech in our capital.

Aye —

Nay —

Advance Shipbuilding technology -

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Our navy has always been a big help for many of our most important wars, and we shouldn't ignore both their quality and quantity. I propose we improve our shipbuilding tech.

Aye —

Nay —

Join Defensive Pacts -

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Making the same mistake twice is never a good thing, makes one look quite foolish. let us not repeat the easily avoided mistakes of the past. Let us join defensive pacts against the two great conquerors if any are available for us to join.

Aye —

Nay —

Invite the Conquerors to the Olympics -

QuoProQuid posted:

We should ingratiate ourselves to our would-be conquerors by hosting them to attend a revived Olympics in Athens (You can make this just a tournament to avoid unnecessary modding, Hashim)

Aye —

Nay —

Peace Through Projectiles -

QuoProQuid posted:

The imperial court should test the utility of Cathay’s so-called “fireworks” in combat situations.
I know this suggestion might seem fanciful but, just the other day, I saw a theatre performance about this very issue. In it, a fascinating young woman and a comedic talking dragon used a "firework" to trigger an avalanche against an invading army of Huns. The tool was a resounding success in the performance and I feel we should test its application here.

Aye —

Nay —

Investigate the Old Ruman and Greek Ruins -

Technowolf posted:

House Redvers proposes that we investigate the old Ruman and Greek ruins in our territory so that we may better the future through knowledge of the past.

Aye —

Nay —

---

Additionally, the following policy has been forced into the Recess by Vijaya Party, as they rule as the dominant faction:

The Restoration of the Imperial Bloodline Decree - Vijaya Party -

Pacho posted:

- Imperial Authority shall be restored. We shall transfer vassalage of Count Othon to be under the rule of his direct de-jure liege Princess Adelaide of Damascus and Galilee. The Emperor-Preferant shall also be released from wherever it is he is being held. A new Regency shall be established until the Emperor is fit to rule again, preferably, Count Valeran de Safaga as kin of Emperor Hughes.

- Our learned men and women will make every attempt to figure out how to cure our ailing Emperor-Preferant, making him once more fit to rule.

- We shall send a formal embassy, with gifts, to Presbyter Johannes "The Great", to form an Imperial Alliance against the Lord of the Hausa, the Barbarians of Yurp, and any other threats both foreign and domestic. As part of this embassy we shall welcome some of their priests and advisors to our realm to teach us what exactly happened to the Knights of the Thorn. We shall also try and learn from their knowledge what we can, as well as to show them the wonders of our great realm.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Lords of the Realm

Feudal Votes:
  • Slaan - 3
  • Frionnel - 5
  • HiHo ChiRho - 7
  • Rody One Half – 7
  • Zikan - 7
  • Erwin the German - 1
  • Jossar - 4
  • Pakled - 4
  • TheFlyingLlama - 4
  • Ralepozozaxe - 6
  • AJ_Impy - 8
  • Lord Cyrahzax - 4
  • Mirdini – 4
  • Captain Mediocre - 4
  • Kangxi - 6
  • Angstrom Gothington – 4
  • Flavius Aetass - 1
  • Xelkelvos - 1
  • Freudian - 4
  • sheep-doger - 1
  • i81icu812 - 1
  • Obliterati - 1
  • Pacho - 6
  • Yavuz - 4
  • Vinny Possum - 4
  • Hattie Masters - 4
  • megane - 4
  • QuoProQuid - 4
  • Thordain - 4
  • Clayren - 4
  • TinTower - 4
  • Technowolf - 4
  • habeasdorkus - 3
  • Flesnolk - 3
  • Zedhe Khoja - 3
  • Luhood - 3
  • Soup du Jour - 2
  • Gigagar - 6
  • WilliamAnderson - 3
  • mcclay - 3
  • really queer Christmas - 1
  • Shogeton - 1
  • rudecyrus - 1
  • SirPhoebos - 1
  • JT Jag - 1
  • fish and chips and dip - 1
  • Grizzwold - 1

Factions:

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Faction Tally of the 1330 Session

The Eternal Flame (Zoroastrianism, Persian Conquest, Fire)

Leader:
Members:
# of members/votes:

The Blood Party (Blood, Blood, Blood)

Leader:
Members: King-Liaison Shurapala (HihoChiro), Emperor-Preferant Hugues (Slaan)
# of members/votes: 2 members, 10 votes

the Modernizers (Peace, Pluralism, Modernization)

Leader:
Members: Prince Adrien (Technowolf), Lord-Mayor Aziz (WilliamAnderson), King Rodrigo (Frionnel), Princess Nanxian (QuoProQuid), Princess-Protector Sibyl (TinTower), King-Spymaster Hariraja (RodyOneHalf), Princess Adelaide (Mirdini)
# of members/votes: 7 members, 31 votes

Sensible Soldier Society ((sensible)War, Preparation, Fashion)

Leader:
Members:
# of members/votes:

Vijaya Party (Oriental Christianity, Equality, Defense)

Leader: Doge-Advisor Shahab (Pacho)
Members: Princess-Protector Gwen (megane), Doge-Steward Emonie (Ralepozozaxe), Prince Andre (Angstrom Gothington), Doge-Chancellor Abdul-Hamid (Gigagar), Prince Ismat (Vinny Possum), Princess-Protector Isabeu (Lord Cyrahzax)
# of members/votes: 7 members, 34 votes

Regency Party (Reconquest, Regency, No-Eyes)

Leader: Count-Regent Othon (AJ_Impy)
Members: Erez-Senders in Exile (Xelkevos)
# of members/votes: 2 members, 9 votes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Independents

Members: Queen-Advisor Meonre (Zikan), Princess Garcenda (Jossar), Prince Guij (Pakled), Prince Bjørn (TheFlyingLlama), Count Raymond (i81icu812), Princess Tziporah (Hattie Matters), Prince Anthimos (Clayren), Count Mukhtar (habeasdorkus), Count Aubry (Zedhe Khoja), Count Roubaud (Luhood), Count Aymar (Yavuz), Count Sigismond (Soup du Jour), Doge Abdul-Hamid (mcclay), Princess Marguerite (Captain Mediocre), Popess Ida (ErwintheGerman), Prince-Marshal Zartosht (Kangxi), Prince Malkhas (Freudian), Prince Gaucher (Thordain), Count Hildebert (Flesnolk)
# of members/votes: 25 members, 95 votes

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Could someone let our duly elected emperor out of his cell and throw this blind tyrant in? Four votes for Divine Inspiration!

Send Court Chaplain to Research Culture in Jerusalem - Aye
Advance Shipbuilding technology - Aye
Join Defensive Pacts - Aye
Invite the Conquerors to the Olympics - Aye
Peace Through Projectiles - Aye
Investigate the Old Ruman and Greek Ruins - Aye

Lord Cyrahzax fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Oct 2, 2020

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Gwen II, Princess-Protector of the South

"Sedition means telling lies and causing trouble, I know because I asked my dadi!" Gwen points a stubby finger at the regent. "I'm not a liar or a trouble-causer, you are! I'm not scared of you. Nobody's going to take LLadramuth away. We're going to build the big statue even bigger. You'll see!"

The princess storms back to her seat, leaving her regent/father to clarify that the intent of this outburst was to place four votes FOR the Divine Inspiration Prerogative, as well as an AYE to all directives.

megane fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Oct 2, 2020

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

The Thermidor Triumvirate (Quadrumvirate if you count Etoine) heads for the pulpit, making sure to help Emonie to keep from falling. They take her to a chair were she begins having an argument with the ancient gods of Egypt. In a rare case Harramel step forward, with Etoine carrying a tray with shiny brown squares sitting upon it.

Me and Etoine were working in the test kitchen in Jeddah one day when we accidentaly burnt some sugar in one of Etoine's many wild experiments. He jumped in my hair, and as if possesed, i poured a whole back of sugar into a hot skillet. The brown crystals, while unrefined, were quite tasty. Upon further experimenting we found the burning of sugar could end up making both a find chewy candy as well as a delicous sauce, great on various sweets, wether izotzarkia, or merely covered upon an apple. While it is a bit vain, we shall be calling this sweet Haramel, and the process to make it Haramelization. While i'd prefer to be known as the rat guy, naming this sweet treat after myself is also quite appealing.

Emonie burst forward, pushing Harramel and Etoine to the ground. Etoine, sadly, drops all his Haramel treat. But seeing as neither of them are too picky, they both begin to eat them off the ground.

Hapi will not shut up, they want one of their caretakers back! They want to see the Erez-Senders again. We put our 6 votes towards the Title Reclamation Policy. We call upon whoever is deciding the target, since it was left so vague, make sure it is these chosen of the Gods get their lands back. I believe it was the Duchy of Cairo. They must be returned to their ancestral lands or we will suffer a plague!

Parviz sits here down, calming her with a Haramel. She takes to it kindly, highly assessing it werth(ers originals).

Seeing as they are all quite good We vote AYE! on all directives. May we survive these trying times through hard work and dedication. Also look at it, the Jerusalem Administrative Title Reform Act of 1220 is what is making our forced policy possible, we are simply following the law of the land. One that, honestly, should have come into effect a few years ago concerning the matter.

The two more able bodied Thermidors help Emonie back to her room. Etoine attempts to pass out some Haramels. Despite their tasty look, many of the adults don't accept a treat from a rat. The children show less concern and happily eat the treats. Etoine looks very pleased with himself.

Ralepozozaxe fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Oct 2, 2020

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
The Emperor is pleased by Their subjects concern for good wellbeing. Once We are free We shall thank you personally!

Three votes for Title Reclamation!

Send Court Chaplain to Research Culture in Jerusalem - Aye
Advance Shipbuilding technology - Aye
Invite the Conquerors to the Olympics - Nay- I can't attend because I'm in the tower :(
Peace Through Projectiles - Nay- BLOOD AND FIGHTING UP CLOSE NOT COWARDLY RANGED WEAPONS

Slaan fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Oct 2, 2020

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

4 votes to the Peace through Strength policy.

Directives:
Send Court Chaplain to Research Culture in Jerusalem - Nay
Advance Shipbuilding technology - Nay
Invite the Conquerors to the Olympics - Aye
Peace Through Projectiles - Aye

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010

If we take the initiative, we can dominate; if we do not, we will be dominated. Honor to his Elective Majesty, Glory to Jerusalem! Four votes for Divine Inspiration!

Aye to all directives!

Angstrom Gothington
Feb 19, 2007

Raise your arms in the big black sky, raise your arms the highest you can, so the whole universe will glow.

Prince Andre "the Wicked" d'Ascalon

Let us drink to Divine Inspiration! Four votes!

Cheers to all Directives! Aye, aye aye!

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Four votes to Divine Inspiration

Aye to all Directives EXCEPT:

Nay to Join Defensive Pacts . I will not be party to any attempt to conspire with heathens against God's anointed.
Nay to Investigate the Old Ruman and Greek Ruins. The amount of pagan foolishness cavorting around Jerusalem is far more than enough already. We should be studying the words of the prophets, not digging up dead demons, lest the Califa, in her wisdom and fury, smite us.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

House d'Cathay is pleased by the proposals this session. It issues four votes to the Peace through Strength policy.

It votes AYE on all directives.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

House Andirsun issues X votes to the Peace through Strength policy.

AYE on all directives.

3, 4, 6, I don't even know how many votes I have these days.

Gigagar
Nov 6, 2013

A bit of a fruit.

At long last, it is time for a Shabibid to fulfil our divine obligation and attend the Haute Cour, rather than send a representative in our stead. It is my supreme honor to carry out this sacred- Jesus what is that smell? Let's get this done with.

Wait, I'm part of what party? Fine, but I'm going to fix this next session. Six votes to Divine Inspiration

The Directives shall be thus:

Send Court Chaplain to Research Culture in Jerusalem - Aye - It is time we raise up our sisters that they might better serve the Lord.
Advance Shipbuilding technology - Aye - A wonderful way to spread the word of the Lord, along with the premium quality prayer rugs.
Join Defensive Pacts - Nay - My business advisors assure me that we are more than capable of fending off any threat from the orient and occident.
Invite the Conquerors to the Olympics - Aye - What fun!
Peace Through Projectiles - Aye - Oh I saw that one! My kids adore the cricket puppet. Hmm... this gives me an idea.

Angstrom Gothington
Feb 19, 2007

Raise your arms in the big black sky, raise your arms the highest you can, so the whole universe will glow.
Changing vote to Nay on the Defensive Pact directive.

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Four votes to Peace Through Strength, AYE on all directives.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Four votes to Peace Through Strength and Aye to all directives.

Can I go now?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Seven Votes against the Title Reclamation Policy, which takes it to the one third against threshold.

One Vote to proclaim the Act of Sedition.

Aye on All Directives except Nay on Invite the 'conquerors' to the Olympics.

Vijaya Party members: Recant the forced bill or lose your titles.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

:siren:Session is closed:siren:

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

AJ_Impy posted:

Vijaya Party members: Recant the forced bill or lose your titles.

Forced bill can't be abolished. The title reclamation bill reaching the 1/3rd opposition limit would mean you, the Imperial Regent, can choose whether it passes or not. If you choose that it doesn't, then the Act of Sedition passes, but the forced policy will still have its effect.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Hashim posted:

Forced bill can't be abolished. The title reclamation bill reaching the 1/3rd opposition limit would mean you, the Imperial Regent, can choose whether it passes or not. If you choose that it doesn't, then the Act of Sedition passes, but the forced policy will still have its effect.

It does not pass. Let them pay the price for trying to usurp the Emperor's representative.

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Not recanting. Come at us, ex-regent.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

"I meant what I said. I'm not scared of you."

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

One blind fool can't stand against the will of the Cour alone.

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010

AJ_Impy posted:

It does not pass. Let them pay the price for trying to usurp the Emperor's representative.

Othon, it’s time to go

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010

Do you want our lands and titles?

Try and find out

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
Sweet art as always, Pacho

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010

Kangxi posted:

Sweet art as always, Pacho

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Chapter 43 – Civil War 3 – 1330 to 1340

The third, last, and shortest of the great civil wars of Jerusalem began in 1330.

It started in Armenia, where a string of rebellions were brutally crushed by levies under the command of Othon de Marash – Lord of Tiberias, and self-declared Regent of Jerusalem.

But those small, isolated rebellions that started in Armenia certainly didn’t end there, instead they were soon followed by larger uprisings in surrounding regions…

But none of that could compare with the challenge issued by Zartosht, Prince in Persia.

The grandson of the infamous Ahriman, Zartosht dispatched a messenger to the so-called Lord Regent, a messenger carrying a simply ultimatum – set aside your tyranny, release the Emperor, and return to your holdfast in Tiberias.

Othon the Eyeless was not a man easily intimidated, however, and the challenge was met with swords, and men to wield them.

And as it was twice before, the realm was fractured. Everywhere in the Empire, old rivalries sprung to the forefront as noble houses raised their armies and chose their sides – Hellas immediately declared for the rebels, Krete countered by joining loyalists, the conniving patricians of the Red Sea and Cyprus went to the rebels, the lords of Hadhramut and Aden stayed true to the loyalists, and while the vast kingdoms in Armenia and the Horn of India sided with the rebels, the King on the Indus and many lords of the Holy Land held to their oaths…

The Third Civil War had well and truly begun. But where earlier civil wars stretched across years and wreaked unfathomable havoc, this wouldn’t survive the season, and would be decided in a single battle.

Immediately, the loyalists were thrown onto the backfoot everywhere, suffering a crushing defeat to Princess Nanxian and her Greek rebels in 1331…

And another to Hariraja, King on the Horn of India, during the early months of 1332…

But none of that mattered, because Othon believed that – just as in previous wars – this conflict would be won or lost in the Holy Land.

And so he wasted no time in calling on his own allies, raising a formidable host of 25,000 levies and defeating three separate invasions – from Arabia, Greece and Cyprus, each trying to seize Jerusalem for themselves.

Only a few months into the war, however, word reached Jerusalem of the rebel host gathering in the east…

Zartosht had raised the entire might of Persia, it would seem, with his host of 20,000 launching an invasion into Mesopotamia and destroying the loyalist princes between the Two Rivers in a series of pitched battles.

News of these defeats reached the Lord Regents just as he seized a crushing victory over the rebels in the north – a victory that saw both the Prince of Antioch and King of Armenia dead on the battlefield, plunging their realms into chaos.

With his allies collapsing everywhere, Othon was finally forced to take the offensive, launching a counter-campaign into Mesopotamia in 1344.

Driving the rebels into a relentless retreat, he finally managed to pin them near Basra, in that fertile expanse of ground where the Euphrates and Tigris embraced before emptying into the sea… and it was there that the final battle of this civil war would be fought.

Othon had the numbers, Othon had the expertise, and Othon rushed to meet his enemy in battle...

The fighting was thick and impenetrable, and in the midst of the chaos, no less than five high lords were slaughtered – Prince Theibaut of Palmyra, Prince Baldoen of Mosul, Princess Tziporah of Aden, Prince Andre of Ascalon, and Princess Nanxian of Hellas.

And when the vicious bloodletting was finally ended, Lord Othon was on his knees.

In a single stunning battle, a dozen of Jerusalem’s most powerful lords were killed, their leader was clapped in chains, and the war was lost. Zartosht was victorious.

That’s when I made my move.

Locked in a tower for years on end, not many would call Hugues de Safaga a… stable man.

But whilst I might’ve been deprived of company, I was never friendless! Indeed, I have friends everywhere – they whisper in my ear and mutter in my sleep, they tell me of my descent from Angels, they assure of the glorious destiny awaiting me… and when I commanded them to go forth and execute the tyrant that locked me in a tower, they did not hesitate.

On the eve of 1337, one of my shadowy friends slipped into the prison cells holding Othon de Marash, and stabbed the Lord-Regent of Jerusalem to death in his sleep.

And that tyrant wasn’t the only man to meet his maker that night.

I am Emperor-Preferent of Jerusalem, and so I took my revenge on everyone that made Jerusalem bleed – loyalists, rebels, none of it mattered. In a single night of blood, both usurper and rebel were purged from Jerusalem, and all was made right again.

And my friends – bounded in fleshy vessels – arrived a few days later to liberate me from my tower. They pulled me into daylight, bathed me in freezing water, swaddled me in rich clothes… and then marched me into the holy city, loudly proclaiming the restoration of the Emperor.

Finally, my reign can begin.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jan 10, 2021

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

I’m not dead! Hah!

Yeah it’s been a while, I’ve been very busy etc etc, but I’m back and determined to finish this LP. I kept hoping to find enough time to properly continue this, but that isn’t gonna change in the near future, so I’ve decided to cut back on the legislative front in the interest of finally wrapping this up. Only a few updates are left anyways, so hopefully shouldn't take long.

So yeah, while I won’t be able to run the whole legislative system, but feel free to post single-line directives that our schizophrenic king can try to spin into existence. Be as vague or detailed as you like, we’re in the endgame.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Pacho posted:

Try and find out[/i]

Also, you're a gem pacho

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Nothing sends a message like 977.0% plot power.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Now this is how a leader stays in power when people try to force them out

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The Jewish peoples will one day have their home in Jerusalem and Cairo once again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Hughes was being forced out and in at the same time, leading to explosive results for both of those attempting to do so. Long Live Hughes!