Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Through my entire playthrough, Zeri was my go-to murder machine.
And Cossette was :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

The Flying Twybil posted:

I mean, the militia was nearly the only competent people in the entire military in VC1, so yeah. It's amazing that Gallia has managed to last this long.

I got the impression that Gallia, prior to VC 1, had been hanging out in Not-Europe relying almost entirely on trade, diplomacy, naturally defensible geography, and not having anything worth taking in order to stay independent. So the Gallian military was there largely to protect against the specter of a peasant uprising and to take the failsons of the aristocracy. Then it turned out Ragnite was useful, and suddenly the Gallian military actually had to be good for something.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Gallians are just lucky that everyone who invades them are somehow even less competent at war than they are.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

We're Class Anime, you gotta name the tank Miku!! Exclaimation marks included.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

If Anisette and Avan get married I don't think those kids are gonna be smart enough to survive to adulthood.

They'd be made entirely out of shonen heroism and surrounded by an ablative layer of befriended enemies. They'll do just fine.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Also, more thought got put into the female cast's chest sizes than Avan.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Psycho Knight posted:

Anyway, all of this is just me highlighting the stupidity of the anime-Confederacy having access to second generation artificial Valkyria. Not even purely in terms of technology. I mean, where the gently caress are the rebels getting all the excess Ragnite needed to power the V2s? Fouzen (the main Ragnite mining area of the country) is in the north of Gallia and the rebels are based in the south.

Presumably from the Atlantic Federation, along with the rest of their funding. Aren't proxy wars great?

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Psycho Knight posted:

If you're curious, from what I remember Leon is like a subdued and far less stupid version of Avan. He has the same reckless bravado, but he's also much more responsible and is intelligent enough to follow along with the thinking of someone (as, or) more tactically minded than him. We obviously only get to see a very short scene with him, but he seems kind of boring to me. He doesn't seem to have a lot of personality.

I think that could be pretty great if he was really just some guy that's utterly undeserving of the hero-worship he gets from Avan and the respect he got at the academy. This'd be even better if Leon wasn't some anime secret superscience artifical laser mans project, but he just deserted.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

this feels like it was supposed to be like three missions instead of a cutscene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Okay, some script doctoring to save this scenario:
1. Baldren is absolutely delusional, and about fifteen minutes after he gets out of port he's gonna be locked in the brig to be used as a low-value bargaining chip by Townshend. There is no real chance that Baldren is gonna be any kind of real threat here.
2. Leon and the V2s aren't killed by Aliasse, but by bombardment fire from the ship itself- the goal being to kill the high schoolers by pinning them down with disposable brainwashed troops and wipe them out with artillery. Aliasse comes up with a Bullshit Anime Shield to protect Class G, but Leon dies in Avan's arms anyway.
3. Avan is pissed and swears vengance, thus justifying the incredibly stupid lengths he's gonna go to to apprehend Baldren.

There. Still stupid, but it makes more sense and ties more into Aliasse's tank-not-DPS plotline.