Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Welcome to the spookiest week of college football of all. That's right, it's Notre Dame @ Michigan week.

Happy Halloween!

Seaniqua fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Oct 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Auburn @ LSU is pretty solid, but the rest is pretty uninspiring.

Indiana is quietly 5-2. Will they edge Nebraska?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
It wouldn’t be the craziest thing if Wisconsin-OSU turned out to still be competitive

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
I'm fine with a USC that loses to Colorado

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

that's a heckuva throw and catch there

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I'm glad we got the PI call, but that was probably uncatchable

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
"Chase McGrath is one of the best kickers of all of college football"
*Immediately misses FG*

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

LLCoolJD posted:

Very likely. I don't trust this Nebraska team to beat much of anyone right now. The offense has been so unbelievably bad. I really don't think they can score reliably. I expect them to lose by 13 to17 points.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Seaniqua posted:

Very likely. I don't trust this Nebraska team to beat much of anyone right now. The offense has been so unbelievably bad. I really don't think they can score reliably. I expect them to lose by 13 to17 points.

So how long until Scott Frost is in trouble? I'm sure he's not close to it yet and really shouldn't be, but if we're at the same spot next year maybe?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Colorado has never beaten USC?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Well with defense like that

:woof:

downout
Jul 6, 2009

General Dog posted:

It wouldn’t be the craziest thing if Wisconsin-OSU turned out to still be competitive

OSU v Wisconsin is probably going to be in the rain (100% currently). That spread is wild considering weather. Last time this happened was MSU in like 2016 which was another dumb Meyer loss because he decided to not run one of the best running backs OSU has had in years. With a what -14.5 line now? I don't know, I'm tempted to go against that line. How good is OSU with no passing game? How good is Wisc with no passing game? 14 points?

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

So how long until Scott Frost is in trouble? I'm sure he's not close to it yet and really shouldn't be, but if we're at the same spot next year maybe?

Yeah, more or less. The wheels won't really come off until midseason next year.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Colorado's gonna let this go to the wire

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

that pass on 2nd & 20 was loving nuts

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

this game is great

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
USC has a great team somewhere in there

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Seaniqua posted:

this game is great

the entire conference being average has its benefits

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

one of the funniest things about being a husker fan for the last ~20 years is that when you see highlights for other teams there's a pretty good chance you'll see them beating the poo poo out of nebraska

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
:rip: a buffalo

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Qwijib0 posted:

Colorado has never beaten USC?

I don't think they've played that many times in the grand scheme of things. They haven't been in the same conference very long and Colorado has been awful for pretty much that entire time

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

:fork:

great game

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
same old loving buffs

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

MourningView posted:

...Colorado has been awful for pretty much that entire time

nah man they are electric and a very very good team that is good to lose to

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

I bet I could kick Dave Flemming's rear end

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

LLCoolJD posted:

More like, will Nebraska stay within 14?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

LLCoolJD posted:

I think they have a pretty good chance of beating the team they have been much better than all year yeah. It's not 1995.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

This is one of those weeks where none of the matchups excite me so I’m gonna watch SC @ Tenn.

There’s no way that game isn’t hilarious.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Seaniqua posted:

one of the funniest things about being a husker fan for the last ~20 years is that when you see highlights for other teams there's a pretty good chance you'll see them beating the poo poo out of nebraska

Schedule Wake you cowards!

Just kidding about the cowards thing, you're cool

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Am looking forward to Arkansas winning by 4 points.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

colachute posted:

Am looking forward to Arkansas winning by 4 points.

No lie I assumed this was the week they played WKU and I was still like "hmm this seems optimistic"

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

MourningView posted:

I think they have a pretty good chance of beating the team they have been much better than all year yeah. It's not 1995.

Well it's a road game and Nebraska is favored by 2 points.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

LLCoolJD posted:

Well it's a road game and Nebraska is favored by 2 points.

fwiw I think it opened with Indiana favored. Nebraska’s starting QB was expected to be out. Pictures came out of him practicing midweek in full pads so people are betting on him starting, which moved the line. Even so, it's nuts to bet on Nebraska right now.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
rutgers gonna lose to liberty today

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Random thought but my dream scenario for this season after Florida sparking some title run miracle would be for Jalen Hurts to get the Heisman and Oklahoma to beat Alabama in the championship by like 40.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Wooo! Go Minnesota. Go Casey O'Brien!

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Pretty worried about Penn State @ Michigan.

Kinda torn between Michigan and Notre Dame. On the one hand, gently caress Notre Dame and it'd be great to get them eliminated from playoff discussion. On the other, gently caress Michigan and it would be hilarious to see them 8-4 or 7-5 on a year they were supposed to be the conference playoff favorite, and Harbaugh go back to the NFL.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

colachute posted:

Random thought but my dream scenario for this season after Florida sparking some title run miracle would be for Jalen Hurts to get the Heisman and Oklahoma to beat Alabama in the championship by like 40.

he'll get the heisman because tua is hurt and they don't play a defense in the top 80

they will not beat anyone that can force him to make a second read

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Raku posted:

they will not beat anyone that can force him to make a second read

So you're saying they'd beat Alabama then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Grittybeard posted:

So you're saying they'd beat Alabama then?

Alabama's down year defense is far better than any in the Big 12