Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Ling Lan owns and is second only to Raino.

ThingOne posted:

I'm really glad that being reformed doesn't actually change who the girls are, it just makes them less actively homicidal.

I still don't understand what "bad" means in the context of the series. Is it evil? Rebelliousness? An abrasive personality? Being a yankee/gyaru stereotype? Some Buddhist thing? I don't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Pollyanna posted:

I still don't understand what "bad" means in the context of the series. Is it evil? Rebelliousness? An abrasive personality? Being a yankee/gyaru stereotype? Some Buddhist thing? I don't get it.

It mostly seems to mean hurting people without a reason. Like Azami still rides her bike at absurdly unsafe speeds but she isn't attacking gang members with a police baton anymore so she isn't "bad".

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

It's whatever the writer happens to feel like it is.

Compare Tsubaki, Yui, Raino, Minami and Azami.

They all are (or at least were at some point) pretty lovely people but in distinctly different ways.

...I'm reminded again by how Ranna really is the least interesting character in this story.

Like don't get me wrong, sometimes she's funny but her entire character is that she's entirely unrelatable for anyone due to probably being a literal demon.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Nov 16, 2019

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

ThingOne posted:

It mostly seems to mean hurting people without a reason. Like Azami still rides her bike at absurdly unsafe speeds but she isn't attacking gang members with a police baton anymore so she isn't "bad".

The seal still affects her so she's still a bad girl, presumably because she still completely disregards the law in a fashion that could hurt herself and others.

Tsubaki is/was affected by the seal and her only bad girl traits are having a foul mouth and ignoring the bullying of Rokudou.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Tsubaki doesn’t seem to be anywhere near as deeply affected by the seal as the others, so it might be a matter of degrees.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Yeah, the worse the girl is, the more strong is her attraction. Which is why Ranna is the absolute love unit.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
What happened to the class president? :v:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Cuntellectual posted:

What happened to the class president? :v:

I'm surprised there hasn't been an arc where she becomes or at least tries to be bad.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Ranna might be a bit of a flat character but she punched a dude during his flashback, a gag so good that I will never forget it

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
and then she sat there all happy and expectantly like a puppy

Ranna is good

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

, a gag so good that I will never forget it

Oh don't worry about that. I did.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Time for a new chapter!

https://mangadex.org/chapter/756757/1

I really do like these goofy chaps in between arcs

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
and boy, was this a goofy one

the shot of iinuma riding in with his life-sized clone doll on his bike was perfect/horrible

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

Ranna might be a bit of a flat character but she punched a dude during his flashback, a gag so good that I will never forget it

No one took the bait so I'm just gonna say that I don't remember this part at all.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

RareAcumen posted:

No one took the bait so I'm just gonna say that I don't remember this part at all.

The big fat dude in the monk arc started going into a sad backstory on why he's a violent glutton and within like two panels of the flashback Ranna just full-arm socked him in the jaw out of it. Then when she was done with him she sat on the ground all happy like a puppy waiting for rokudou. It was, indeed, very very good.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

The big fat dude in the monk arc started going into a sad backstory on why he's a violent glutton and within like two panels of the flashback Ranna just full-arm socked him in the jaw out of it. Then when she was done with him she sat on the ground all happy like a puppy waiting for rokudou. It was, indeed, very very good.

Ohhhhh, riiight.

Hey, speaking of that arc, how long were they training? Was it just over the summer, because for some reason I keep thinking it was a year but that makes no sense because they didn't go back to school during that whole time right?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RareAcumen posted:

Ohhhhh, riiight.

Hey, speaking of that arc, how long were they training? Was it just over the summer, because for some reason I keep thinking it was a year but that makes no sense because they didn't go back to school during that whole time right?

It was 3 days and you only thought it was a year because of this gag

it was a nightmare Rokudou was having

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Oh wow, I guess the author didnt forget about this particular character

https://mangadex.org/chapter/761397/1

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Meme Emulator posted:

Oh wow, I guess the author didnt forget about this particular character

https://mangadex.org/chapter/761397/1

I reread a few early chapters recently and found I utterly forgot about her.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I was actually going to post before reading the chapter that I hoped she showed up again, and lo and behold! But this seems like a one-off sadly.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

I was actually going to post before reading the chapter that I hoped she showed up again, and lo and behold! But this seems like a one-off sadly.

Well drat, I was just about to get excited because I could've sworn she was supposed to be one of Rokudou's few friends before all this weirdness started happening and then she just... never showed up for like more than like 6 panels.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I would love to be wrong and thus is the start of a "tries to be a delinquent" arc

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Rokudou's influence turns bad girls into good girls.

But this new girl is so good that Rokudou's influence will create a stack overflow error and turn her into a super-bad girl.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I like Ranna when she's a squish faced lipstick gremlin a lot

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Suddenly a
new chapter

Bait and switch got me. It seemed like the gang was trying to prepare for new first-year bad girls but suddenly a bad lady appears.

E: Holy crap, it's not just any lady, it's the sponsor. Minami arc continues!

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Dec 5, 2019

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
another new chapter, and it seems the prior one was indeed a one-off. shame. however, the concept of this chapter is exactly the sort of poo poo I'm into: UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES! oh, you've got a magical love-at-first-sight curse? well, better not ever go out in public again, idiot boy, or exactly this is gonna happen. if the next arc is a nightmare of horrifying mafia women and such coming for rokudou because he obliviously wandered around heavily trafficked parts of town with this absurdly powerful curse on him I'm all for it. :allears:

e;fb

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Suddenly a
new chapter

Bait and switch got me. It seemed like the gang was trying to prepare for new first-year bad girls but suddenly a bad lady appears.
I was absolutely ready for her to be a new teacher or some other cliche, for sure

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I really liked the experimenting part of the chapter. I love it when stories make an effort to be internally consistent with thier bullshit magic powers

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

if the next arc is a nightmare of horrifying mafia women and such coming for rokudou because he obliviously wandered around heavily trafficked parts of town

I edited my last post but it's not a random woman :getin:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
ahaha, oh boy

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Move over literally all previous heroines we have our winner

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
I caught up with the manga recently so when I saw the lady who fell for Rokudo I audibly went "OH poo poo."

I'm excited for this new arc now because we might see another cool trend happening in this manga: romantic resolution for heroines that doesn't involve Rokudo

theGrooseofLegend fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Dec 5, 2019

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Are we going to see Jin and Nagori again?

I mean, it feels like a pretty safe assumption that we will, in some capacity, but idk if this is going to be the Loan Shark Hunter & Sharkboy Retrieval Arc or what.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I miss Crazy Eyes Fedora Guy

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new chapter and... :stare:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Please tell me her daughter is just going to be her in disguise.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
lol at iinuma slavic squatting in front of the fortune teller

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Dont try that logic bullshit on me, Kacho

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

We're probably finally going to see Chiyo who was mentioned so long ago. If I were to guess, somehow the school will get sponsored by Sakura Loans and while Mama Sakura has the curse already on her, Chiyo won't based on the guys efforts.

But what matters most is if Minami and Nagori don't get together at the end of this arc i'm going to be so sad. Raino is already crushed don't crush or ignore Minami too!

Meme Emulator posted:

Dont try that logic bullshit on me, Kacho

:hai:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://mangadex.org/chapter/766210/1

We're 169- nice- chapters in, you can just assume people get what's going on in the story by now, we don't need to keep recapping on the entire premise every arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

RareAcumen posted:

We're 169- nice- chapters in, you can just assume people get what's going on in the story by now, we don't need to keep recapping on the entire premise every arc.

I get what they're doing: All the plotlines are temporarily resolved. A new year has begun. This is a good jumping-on spot for new readers. So let's reestablish the premise and characters, and then WHOOPS here's the poop coming straight at the fan.