Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Haruya is so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I really appreciate how the face turns in this comic are so effective and you end up liking everyone in the crew.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Iinuma and Ling Lan are legit the best characters.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh hello, two new chapters!

And we are in the endgame of this arc now it seems. Boy are we.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I was starting to think this got abandoned, glad to see it back :unsmith:

But it's been a bit, who's Tsubaki?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

I was starting to think this got abandoned, glad to see it back :unsmith:

But it's been a bit, who's Tsubaki?

First chapter, first girl to be affected by the mark on Rokudou's head. She was just a classmate, used to be part of the 'make Rokudou's life a nightmare' team like Iinuma was back then.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

New Chapter

:monocle:

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Who? Made me laugh

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
https://mangadex.org/chapter/bf991178-c4d8-4f2b-9022-f9fae0b06829

Yakuza mom owns.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

The haven’t read this since mangadex died

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Fat baby Ranna ftw

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
such a mean looking baby

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

https://mangadex.org/chapter/31ffbbf2-17b9-4f4e-81b7-1614122b56fd/

New chappie.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

God drat

the immediate change to the Cafe made me laugh and then I got to the final page :(

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Every time a new chapter drops I am again surprised that a series with this premise is both good and also almost completely lacking fanservice.

What an incredibly underrated series. I believe in Ranna.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:stare: Now that is some mood whiplash.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I believe in Ranna's love of fighting.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ranna will the complete the yandere love interest threat and murder her crush rather that admit she likes him.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Two new chapters!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
How many chapters are in this final volume? 225 is the start of volume 26 if I'm reading this right.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Has there been other manga series with such a awesome connected cover art? I usually see them on the spine but I can't remember one with the cover itself.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Final Volume? I should catch back up, I completely lost track when society joker showed up and then mangadex died

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Has there been other manga series with such a awesome connected cover art? I usually see them on the spine but I can't remember one with the cover itself.
There's an untranslated 8 volume series called Kakuriyo Monogatari that has a similar concept with its covers:

And by the same author, although it's hard to find an image that puts them all together, there's a release of Houshin Engi whose covers form a complete panoramic piece of art (the image below is just the 8 first volumes, there are 18 in total):

Can Of Worms fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jan 12, 2022

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

Final Volume? I should catch back up, I completely lost track when society joker showed up and then mangadex died

Lol............

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Enjoy the next three chapters!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

GorfZaplen posted:

Enjoy the next three chapters!
lol did the series get canned and so the ending got insanely rushed

If it got axed based on what happened in the latest chapter I would be totally up for a "rocks fall, everyone dies" abrupt spite ending, been a while since we've had one of those

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

M_Gargantua posted:

How many chapters are in this final volume? 225 is the start of volume 26 if I'm reading this right.

The last couple of volumes had 9 chapters, so I'd guess 8 more. Maybe more if this was a planned ending and not it getting axed.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Reportedly this manga is ending in April, so we're right at the climax here.

The ending hasn't seemed particularly rushed, though, except maybe for the introduction of the Joker final boss. Rokudou suddenly losing his powers and dealing with that, Ranna going Terminator, and the total destruction of their lovely school seems like a worthwhile endpoint.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I'd be fine with a apocalyptic ending where Ranna is the god-queen of the world and rokudou comes after her for one final battle only to lose in tragic fashion. The red thread of fate was painted red with the blood of the fallen. :black101:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I'd be fine with a apocalyptic ending where Ranna is the god-queen of the world and rokudou comes after her for one final battle only to lose in tragic fashion. The red thread of fate was painted red with the blood of the fallen. :black101:

At the end Ranna looks at the camera and says "No Rokudou, you were the bad girl all along".

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I did like the joker bringing up the idea that “you’re just changing their personality to how you want it to be without their consent”, and I would have liked if it got into that a little bit more. Was that brought up more earlier and I just forgot?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I am tired of Joker

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

New Chapter

:hellyeah:

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Hey remember this manga? Me neither

Chapter 229

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i'm glad this is back, but also found this chapter kind of inconsequential

kind of hard to concentrate on the fate of side characters when ranna is out there, and pointedly missing from the future vision. osanada tattling on iinuma in the vision was great though

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I checked once every few weeks for a new chapter. :colbert: I'm glad it's back.

I thought it was a pretty good wrap up chapter. Better than just taking Chiyo and running, she's sticking with her mom and they're both growing from it a bit. If this is the last we see from them until the ending i'd be fine with that.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Chapter 230

3 more chapters to go

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I uh...don't remember any of these people.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Electric Phantasm posted:

I uh...don't remember any of these people.

See the guy with the pentagram on his head? That’s Rokudou

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
ah, the GamemasterAnthony chapter