Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXnbMp1yr1k&t=116s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
otherwise known as the "oh poo poo they just told us the series is getting axed, quick get everyone together to wrap up one last plot point in 3 chapters!!!" gathering

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I don’t think it was canceled, while this feels a little rushed this feels like it’s a planned ending

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

thetoughestbean posted:

I don’t think it was canceled, while this feels a little rushed this feels like it’s a planned ending

Yeah, but also at the same time I assume the epilogue is a single chapter like most of the time and kinda wish those got another chapter or two so they have some breathing room.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
okay I don't think it got axed either necessarily but considering the importance of literally the second main character and her storyline the entire series, wrapping it up in 3 chapters seems like the series was just halted abruptly and they were like "yeah let's just wrap it up real quick"

even 3 more chapters than this would seem much more reasonable, 3 chapters to wrap up the series after that big arc seems extremely anticlimactic. BUT WHO KNOWS, maybe the remaining three chapters will be ~amazing~

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Turns out the last 3 chapters are each 170 pages long so it works out just fine.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I don’t remember who anyone is or what’s going on, but I still appreciate that Rokudou is a harem manga with absolutely no horny.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i remember the pair of cross-dressing siblings and the vampire girl's henchmen. everything else is pretty hazy

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

thetoughestbean posted:

See the guy with the pentagram on his head? That’s Rokudou

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

thetoughestbean posted:

See the guy with the pentagram on his head? That’s Rokudou

I laughed harder at this than I had any right to.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Now that I read back and remember we last saw Ranna getting good life advice from cool crime mom all her arc really needs is for her to come back and declare she wants to date Rokudo without the influence of the curse.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they should start as friends, since their entire romantic relationship was based on magic mind alteration.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

they should start as friends, since their entire romantic relationship was based on magic mind alteration.

The ending is Ranna and Rokudou having a hearty handshake or a crisp high five.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im trying to read this and i feel like i have even less context than i normally do. desperately need some TL notes to explain what the gently caress any of this means. what is with these hoodlum teenagers who look like they're straight out of some kind of GI Joe PSA and why do they treat fist fights like a xianxia martial arts tournament. why is everyone drawn like theyre 3 feet tall. why does everyone have Goku hair. I'm so loving confused lol

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's just how anime delinquents are. might i suggest the seminal work sakigake!! otokojuku?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Words I Want to Tell You

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Larry Parrish posted:

im trying to read this and i feel like i have even less context than i normally do. desperately need some TL notes to explain what the gently caress any of this means. what is with these hoodlum teenagers who look like they're straight out of some kind of GI Joe PSA and why do they treat fist fights like a xianxia martial arts tournament. why is everyone drawn like theyre 3 feet tall. why does everyone have Goku hair. I'm so loving confused lol

because its cool

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

i dipped out halfway through that last arc tho. ill read the rest when it wraps up i guess

i do really like how they started actually having healthy relationships with other people once they stopped being into rokudou

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

mangaka's got a very small window to sketch out a portion of ranna's character that isn't "unstoppable battle demon" and "very into rokudou"

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
https://mangadex.org/chapter/fc168d7b-4423-4e58-85ef-ee440889cb05

Extremely important update

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Until Ranna decides 'One more fight, just one and then I quit cold turkey. Unless I have to fight again.'

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
And then it turns out the future vision was of the aftermath of the celebration.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Rokudou and His Band of Evil Women

At least we can finally check this series off our reading lists.

Nemo2342 fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Oct 1, 2022

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
fun series for the most part, but the epilogue/ending isn't great. a solid 6 or 7 out of 10 imo.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Captain Invictus posted:

fun series for the most part, but the epilogue/ending isn't great. a solid 6 or 7 out of 10 imo.

It was definitely fun at first, though by the end it had kind of worn out its welcome (as many long-running series do). It's just a shame that they couldn't really stick the landing.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
It didn’t so much feel like an ending as it just kind of stopped? I don’t have any ideas on a more satisfying conclusion, but this series kind of faded away into being okay.

I still appreciate the ability of the author to make a harem series that isn’t horny.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

PringleCreamEgg posted:

It didn’t so much feel like an ending as it just kind of stopped? I don’t have any ideas on a more satisfying conclusion, but this series kind of faded away into being okay.

I still appreciate the ability of the author to make a harem series that isn’t horny.

I think I would have enjoyed a slightly longer and more romantic denouement with Rokudou and Rana doing some actual dating stuff while she was still coming to terms with no longer being under his enchantment, instead of this smash cut to "and our wacky hijinks continued".

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nemo2342 posted:

I think I would have enjoyed a slightly longer and more romantic denouement with Rokudou and Rana doing some actual dating stuff while she was still coming to terms with no longer being under his enchantment, instead of this smash cut to "and our wacky hijinks continued".

A good 30% of manga built around romance like this love to do that. Just get that binary 'Do they date Yes/No?' question answered and then we close the book as fast as possible.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

RareAcumen posted:

A good 30% of manga built around romance like this love to do that. Just get that binary 'Do they date Yes/No?' question answered and then we close the book as fast as possible.

Oh I know, and I really dislike it when that happens. I love a good story like Kaguya where the dating starts and the manga continues to explore it for a bit before winding down.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

All I am asking is for an epilogue where Rokudou is fumbling over which fork is the right one to eat a salad with gremlin Ranna on the other side with a big steak on her plate.

That aside, this series felt more deflated than ended. I enjoyed it while it lasted

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Nemo2342 posted:

Counterpoint: "Moonlighting"

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
https://twitter.com/AnimeNewsNet/status/1615665315882442754?s=20

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Wow! I’m surprised!

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGJOnJRpAIo

Trailer!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It'll be coo; to see it in motion but man that immediate door slam, 'Steamed Hams may I see it? No.' ending really bums me out.

Missingnoleader
Mar 10, 2014

Glad its finally getting an anime, also it's got a better budget then Iruma...

Iceblocks
Jan 5, 2013
Taco Defender
Finally got around to finishing it. While I thought the ending was a little disappointing, I still feel that it made a solid manga out of what should have been complete garbage. I thought the author made some great comedy, so i'll just wish him the best should he make something else.

My favorite moment has to be "I AM ROKUDOU TOSUKE!" from the Horomone arc.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
The first episode is out on Crunchyroll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I think the first two things that came to mind after seeing the animation was Bright and Bold. Like thick outlines everywhere bold. I can't say I remember that from the manga artstyle but if that was the case then it Really stands out now.

It's okay, and things got better when Ranna appeared so i'll be along for the ride.