Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
As Halloween approaches, so many healthy kids are gearing up for a spooky, fun time. For the 5th year in a row, I have the pleasure to volunteer my time and effort to make sure that every kid has that opportunity, just like I did.

Hi! My name is Ryan.The Lauren Small Children's Medical Center at Bakersfield Memorial Hospital in Bakersfield, CA, USA is Kern County's only children's hospital (serving over a million people) and they treat thousands of children each year regardless of their family's ability to pay. This year I am again working with Team California State University Bakersfield to raise money with Extra Life for the LSCMC through the Children's Miracle Network group of hospitals. Since 2012, our team has raised $160,000(!!!), with every penny going to helping treat kids. I would love to have your support this year.

What's in it for you? For every $5 you donate, you get one entry into a drawing during our 25-hour gaming event on November 2 at CSUB. First prize is a console of your choice (up to $300). There are about 5 or 6 other prize lots, each about $100 worth: there are video and board game bundles, gift cards, and other great donated gaming stuff! We'll figure out shipping if you win something!

Please, take a minute to visit my fundraising page and read a little more about Extra Life and our mission.

If you decide to donate, make sure you put your email in so I can contact winners. Feel free to message me or post with any questions.

I also want to plug the team captain's page. Ed Webb. This man has single-handedly made possible that $160,000 of fundraising; he has constantly stretched himself so thin for these kids and part of the reason that I help out through the year is because he inspires the hell out of me and he's the type of guy that you just can't help but want to be associated with. If you don't donate to me, consider donating to him, and tell him Ryan sent you.

Again, you can donate through the year but the drawing will be during our event on November 2. There is a place to put your email there so I can notify any winners.

Thank you all, keep loving each other!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hi Ryan, what are you playing?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

c-spam give this guy :fivecbux: or :10bux:! it's for a good cause.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

Taintrunner posted:

Hi Ryan, what are you playing?

I'm not really sure; I tend to spend most of our events throughout the year making sure vendors are good, taking care of admissions, running contests, interfacing with players/guests, making go-fer trips and just playing a general support role. When I find time to play I like playing with the Magic: The Gathering guys because I've always wanted to learn.

This year I'm going to really try and let some new people help out. I'm thinking I'll try and take my computer and play Warframe; It's about what my computer can handle. Now that Smash is out on Switch my wife will bring hers and set it up so we'll have that as well. I'm really bad at it so she kicks my rear end pretty consistently!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
i expect you to rig the ballot box for me, teach those kids some hard lessons

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

Homeless Friend posted:

i expect you to rig the ballot box for me, teach those kids some hard lessons

I'll do my best friend!

edit: I'll do my best, friend!

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Nichael posted:

c-spam give this guy :fivecbux: or :10bux:! it's for a good cause.

I donated 25

now what :colbert:

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
thanks friends!

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
I wanted to post a snippet of an email from our team captain Ed:

quote:

Fundraising update: Team Bakersfield is at $4,465 and Bakersfield is at $14,102. With BC we're over $15k, and as a team, we're sneaking up on $5k! Samantha and Karina registered but it put their money towards CMN and not our hospital. Once that's fixed, the hospital total will jump $300, although the team total will stay the same.

We have prizes coming from EA Games, Namco, Bethesda, more from Sony, and Respawn (Jedi: Fallen Order signed posters - super cool!)

Just a few days left, everything is appreciated!

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
We need to start sorting our prizes but this is the showy side:

and the other side with stuff still boxed:

Tactless Ogre
Oct 31, 2011

Me and my friends all got together to raise money for that charity and some rear end in a top hat apparently DDOSed the site so that nobody could make any donations unless it got through the few gaps in which the site wasn't shut down. It killed our momentum and literally screwed us out of getting money together for children.

I was so god drat furious about that.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I looked up that super sledge and I can just imagine the disappointment a child, pumped full of radiation & turning into a mutant, would have upon opening that and finding its the fo4 pretender version

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

Tactless Ogre posted:

Me and my friends all got together to raise money for that charity and some rear end in a top hat apparently DDOSed the site so that nobody could make any donations unless it got through the few gaps in which the site wasn't shut down. It killed our momentum and literally screwed us out of getting money together for children.

I was so god drat furious about that.

yeah this was a huge problem last night, we had donations coming in and we resorted to cash and personal PayPal to at least get people registered for the drawings. it was extremely frustrating.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
I had a crown pop off after a poorly chosen skittle. gonna head to the dentist. I'll be heading back vover afterwards. we're about 700 bucks shy of 20k at last check!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bernie Sanders