Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
My only problem with X-Men Red (2018) was how easily Namor joined Jean's team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Sephyr posted:

But we're talking about the guy that murdered Rachel Summers to save the life of a Chaotic Evil soul-draining immortal psychopath dominatrix Selene with a body count that rivals that of cholera. So sometimes it feels more like he's just trying to hog the title of edgy murdery guy all to himself, since he has killed dozens of hapless goons since saving that particular mass-murderer.

The "he kills Rachel to save her from killing Selene" scene is one of the worst and weirdest Wolverine character moments for sure. It just makes zero sense. It was setup for the cancelled Phoenix solo series, from memory, so the X-Men had to do something that would take Rachel out of the book without her wanting to come back, which is why it's so extra and bizarre. But then the series where Rachel was meant to react and figure out her feelings about it got cancelled, so it's a non-sequitur of Wolverine killing a teenage girl and then a while later she shows up in Excalibur.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
what's more, later stories established that selene can't be killed permanently. way to go, logan.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I never really thought about it - and admittedly I don't know much about the (apparently highly inconsistent) relationship between Magneto and his kids, let alone Xavier and Legion which I know even less about - but these two issues came pretty close together and just made me wonder if part of Xavier's and Magneto's eternal bond is being idols to mutantkind, but failures in their personal relationships with their actual children.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/legotrillermoth/status/1784510041824903572?t=GoQ-WT4y-sVakybZR6xXBg&s=19

They are gonna treat Krakoa era in-universe like we in real world treated NFT hype

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
There were three Hellfire Galas so Krakoa lasted 3 years at minimum.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

NikkolasKing posted:

I never really thought about it - and admittedly I don't know much about the (apparently highly inconsistent) relationship between Magneto and his kids, let alone Xavier and Legion which I know even less about - but these two issues came pretty close together and just made me wonder if part of Xavier's and Magneto's eternal bond is being idols to mutantkind, but failures in their personal relationships with their actual children.

Wanda and Pietro being retconned to not be mutants or Magneto's kids was one of the worst things that came from the movies and the attempts to downplay the X-Men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

fatherboxx posted:

https://twitter.com/legotrillermoth/status/1784510041824903572?t=GoQ-WT4y-sVakybZR6xXBg&s=19

They are gonna treat Krakoa era in-universe like we in real world treated NFT hype
It seems as though there might be a non-trivial amount of, if not pro-mutant, pro-'getting the miracle sauce' sentiment that will be upset that Orchis has decided they or their family members need to not get medical treatment for the sake of beating Johnny Mutant.