Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
so are Al Ewing and Ram V and they just announced the new venom book and tbh tini doesn't have any more star power than either of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

radlum posted:

I do wonder if there has been any substantial change in the whole "substack is a platform for transphobes"; I just saw that a lot of other creators are joining (including LGBT creators such as Tini, Tynion and Molly Ostertag) so I wonder what's going on.

molly at least openly acknowledges substack is a problematic platform and is apparently gonna use all the money she makes to donate to charity

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
as far as i can tell ewing doesn't have one, tini's is just a free blog, ram has his own website, they're all just collabing with hickman on his paid substack

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
tbf every substack does that afaik

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i would say, for all their many faults, and there are many, at least dc and marvel do not actively pay people to publish hate speech

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i think linehan has a deal with them? i could be wrong though

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
why wouldn't they they, already platform him and take a cut off his earnings and then say they're hands off editorially. along with everybody else like singal and weiss and greenwald and Sullivan

site fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Aug 13, 2021

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
glad i heard wrong in the linehan stuff at least (they are still directly profiting off of his subscribers though)

site fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Aug 14, 2021

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

X-O posted:

Also Hickman can move onto reinvigorating some other property.

Hickman's spins wheel squirrel girl coming summer 2022

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Just want to see the charts explaining how she is legally distinct from mutants

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Hickman's champions

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
actually, unironically Hickman should do hyperion because i really dug what he did with the character in avengers and then afterwards everyone who's come along since has kinda poo poo on it

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
there was that weird story immediately post secret wars where he became a trucker and fought carnies but i guess you're not wrong that every appearance since has been the original squadron supreme version. but that's also sort of what i mean. instead of doing anything with him they just pretend that the new hyperion doesn't exist or something

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Can't believe moon knight killed the scarlet witch. Gonna be one helluva crossover

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
do cap and them show up in the x books to help out often?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Edge & Christian posted:

All Magneto had to do was not threaten to exterminate humanity in order to blackmail the United Nations into giving him Genosha as a sovereign mutant nation, and then all he had to do once he had his sovereign mutant nation was not build an army, kidnap Xavier and crucify him as part of his plan to exterminate humanity with the mutant army he gathered, and then Wolverine wouldn't have gutted him leaving the country destabilized and leaderless.

And then all anyone had to do was really hope that Xavier's powers in the womb wouldn't secretly give physical form to his anti-self that despite taking physical form inside the womb next to Xavier and possessing the same mutant powers as Xavier is neither his sister nor a mutant, and with any luck the Sentinels built by the Trasks while bankrolled by the Hellfire Club wouldn't achieve self-awareness, and be directed at Genosha when Cassandra Nova uses her not-mutant mutant powers to control a human into putting her into control of the Wild Sentinals, and if Magneto hadn't been infected by an immortal virus he wouldn't have tried to exterminate humanity for a third time, at which point

Maybe it's just me but it sounds like the self proclaimed leaders of mutantdom kinda lick recently used butthole

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
:eyepop:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Edge & Christian posted:

I assume it's either Dracula or Hitler,

even worse, it's Nick Spencer

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Skwirl posted:

Yet Sunstone was too much for him?

sunstone has men in bondage. men!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
tbh i have no idea who that person is, i just cant fathom why else a guy who gets overtly horny over cheesecake would get twisted up about sunstone

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i mean if he just doesn't like the book and the characters that's fine (can't agree about sejic's art though i tend to like it, although he does have the dillon/noto problem of the faces always being similar enough to where you can instantly tell sejic is drawing it). the way the previous posts were worded made it sound like that wasn't what they meant. like i said though i have no idea who the guy is or what he actually said about it

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah actually i will agree that the pitch of sunstone tends to be that it's a bdsm comic but tbh once you get into it it's more like a...i dunno, like a slice of life book about various people and their (mostly love) lives that features bdsm play. as in, it's quite often just a lot of people talking, and not actually a lot of loving. of course, it doesn't help that he often advertises it on social media via bdsm artwork of those characters so people, like myself even, went into it with different expectations

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

Otherwise, why is Moira so afraid of Destiny?

oh the one hand i actually agree in general with the previous post, but yeah, can't imagine why moira would hold a grudge against the person who had her burned alive slowly, intentionally, so she would die in excruciating agony, so she wouldn't stray against the chosen path

site fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Sep 30, 2021

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Does DC do the "old [gender] [character]" schtick as much as marvel? Marvel really loves it lol

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i figured they didn't care because they hate her

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
As far as I can tell everyone treats her as the antichrist, besides quicksilver

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Cloks posted:

Old Woman Wanda is definitely lampshading that trend for what it's worth.

oh yeah i know, same with old woman squirrel girl, i just find it funny how people seem to be leaning into it

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
personally I'm glad we got a lot of "this is really destiny" brought back because I didn't want the end of inferno 1 to be a fake out, and also people who react angry make mistakes, which means the Colossus appointment is gonna gently caress moira over

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
why x-men red again

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
who is this

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Skwirl posted:

Because when it was running it was the best x-book. My interest in it is entirely predicated on Tom Taylor writing it.

Yeah but given the time period that's a lotw bar and it was a worse replacement for a much better book. Give me another Taylor Laura/Gabby book instead

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Dawgstar posted:

What did X-Men Red replace? All-New Wolverine turned into X-23.

ANW was cancelled and Taylor got shuffled to X-Men red, where he at least attempted to keep it going

site fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Dec 7, 2021

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah, marvel isnt gonna reboot the 616 again if moira dies lol

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

danbanana posted:

How?

Moira resets the multiverse. Nothing in Secret Wars or any other alternate timelines or universes are immune to that. And they've confirmed this in Inferno 3,where we see the alternate history of Omega Sentinel.

Again: everything we consider 616 and everything else still happened in Life X (as of Moira's birthdate) . The other lives aren't the equivalent of alternate timelines. They alternate multiverses or even bigger.

i would say the cosmology presented by Hickman himself previously, and by Al Ewing in his works is the largest barrier, as this version of the multiverse is the 8th in existence, and we know for a fact the 7th was the pre-secret wars multiverse. Which means either they're wrong or Moira doesn't have the effect she think she does if she's died 9 times

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

danbanana posted:

This good rebuttal to my comment is particularly embarrassing to me as I read an issue of Ewing's Defenders just last night!

Though I think there's an argument to be made that the 7th and 8th multiverse are functionally the same thing. And any distinction between them throws every pre-SW future-based story out the window.

Were Moira deaths pre-SW affecting 7th or 8th multiverse, or both? Were the ones that happen in the future (and therefore post-SW) part of the 8th?

i mean, you are correct in the first point in that the conceit with the secret wars finale was that the 7th and 8th multiverses are functionally the same, so that all the non-sw marvel books stayed on track

but what I'm trying to get at is that i don't think that matters because Moira isn't actually destroying any multiverse upon her death, but instead seems to be creating new alternate timeline branches within a multiverse at the point of her conception/resurrection, despite what we're being told

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
maybe mutant hitler isn't so bad, once you get to know her

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

BrianWilly posted:

I have to give them the benefit of the doubt here to believe that they had probably warned the guy beforehand that he can't kill people or else there'd be consequences this time (Magneto said something to this effect at the sentencing), instead of just sending Creed on a mission and being like "Yeah yeah, just do whatever you want."

If anything, it was an open test to see if Sabretooth could do as he was told and be of use to their new society, one that he failed. You could argue that most of them probably did expect for him to fail and so, by testing him at all they were setting him up for failure just to make an example of him...but the end result is the same, right? Someone like Sabretooth, who refuses to listen to orders and will just go against their laws no matter what you tell him, will end up in the hole at some point regardless.

It's kind of draconic, but at the some time, like..."don't kill people" is not really such a high bar to clear.

e: Uh, I meant "draconian," not draconic. There are currently no dragons on the council yet.

wasn't sabertooth even a ""good"" guy immediately proceeding hickman taking over the x-line. like, working on x-force and not killing people and stuff

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
you do know she's still alive right

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
he has a giant eye on his butt to channel the punch dimension backwards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU