Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Its been a while since I listened to this, but I believe Rosenberg talks about the X-books on Ryan Stegman's podcast

http://stegmanandfriends.podbean.com/e/a-bendis-lovefest-wmatthew-rosenberg/

EDIT: I'm nice so I scrubbed through, it starts around 55 min in.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Sep 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I hope my boy Sean makes it

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Does Krakoa have an infinite amount of adamantium for new Wolverine skeletons or what? Did I miss something?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Thanks guys!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

bobkatt013 posted:

It’s being combined with Amazon so you have to find it on Amazon’s awful awful site

Is there an announcement of this somewhere? I only buy digital and I don't want to miss out.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Really like the X-cellent. I am an Allred fanboy though.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Little known fact: Al is short for Allison

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Names are weird. People tell me Kymbreligh is the same as Kimberly but I have my doubts.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Y’all… today was a good X-day

Cloks posted:

If you have 3 hours to spare to learn all about the history of Mister Sinister, this episode of Cerebero with Kieron Gillen is great: https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/cerebro/episode-076-nathaniel-essex-urj-T0MXc4y/

For introducing me to a new podcast I have two things; one thank you. two drat you and I will be farting in this box I'm sending.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jun 22, 2022

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

We need more Gail Simone Domimo books.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Over in Thor Loki is king of Joutenheim, and is doing king stuff which is mostly being bored in an ice castle. Seeing as there are often multiple Lokis, the lost god could be old evil Loki.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Just pretend she said XXXTentacion. Or Lil Peep.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Codependent Poster posted:

Also this is the dumbest derail ever when there were a lot of good books yesterday

So what do we all think about the rotating X-Men roster? Personally I would've liked more time with the previous team. Not knocking the new one, I just think there were more stories to tell with the previous lineup. Maybe I just like Wolverine. Who can say.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

If I can’t buy a Bruttu shirt today Marvel has made a huge mistake.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Sesq posted:

The Punisher better be working overtime to get those wicked numbers down in 24 hours.

He's got an entire army of ninja now, so it shouldn't take long.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I think its X-Raven like X-Pac from DegenerationX.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Heavy Metal posted:

Honey Badger is rad. Also Gold Balls is better than Egg of course.

It was Erik Larsen's Highbrow studios, and I came up with CyberFace. Yes that was me. Guy has microchips on his face, and he's the man.

No poo poo? That’s awesome. Loved him as a big bad in those books.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I’m sure they have to call her that every so often to maintain the trademark.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Has Beast been resurrected at all since Krakoa? At this point it's gotta be Dark Beast all along, right?

He has been. I think he was a coat at some point.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Alaois posted:

i thought the Beast coat was from one of Mr. Sinister's off the books clones

drat I can’t remember the exact context. It wasn’t the recent Kraven thing, I recall it happening before that.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the beast coat was on a cover. he was not actually killed and skinned.

I swear something like it happened before. I recall seeing that cover and thinking, “again?”

It could be Nelson Mandela’s fault

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Endless Mike posted:

Are you thinking of Hulk: Future Imperfect? I'm pretty sure Maestro has a Beast rug in his trophy room

I feel like I'm going crazy now! I recall some big bad who'd made it on to Krakoa waltzing out of the jungle wearing beast.

Maybe it was just a fantasy because modern Beast sucks rear end.

Can they resurrect him from a backup from the 80s?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Cartridgeblowers posted:

In that same issue of X-Force Beast says Cerebro has backups of the old Beast.

Oh please can they do that? I don’t like this war criminal.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

GOD IS BED posted:

maybe you're thinking of Moira wearing Banshee's skin to get in?

That’s it!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Dumb poo poo is some of the best X-Man stuff, hell it’s some of the best comics as a whole stuff. Sherlock Mystique is right up there. Fun more often than not is dumb as hell.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

I think it finally addresses some questions that the whole Krakoa Era raised and I'm here for it

That was the point of the way too short lived X-Factor from Leah Williams. Can’t ressurect without confirming death so yeah, it’ll be great to see the fallout.

Also: I love a woman with a grey streak in her hair.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Men only want one thing and it's loving disgusting

(it's me. this is what I want.)

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I love Rod Ries’ art. His Magik is fantastic.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Man, gently caress Hank McCoy.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Saoshyant posted:

What did that rear end in a top hat do now?

Oh in today’s Wolverine it was all about Beast keeping a lobotomized Wolverine in a pit and sending him out on assassination missions and then torturing him when it goes wrong

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

ShallowKnave posted:

Was it Wolverine or Male Wolverine?

Logan

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I'm just hoping for a decent conclusion to Beast's decent into being the worst mutant. Not a copout or anything, I want to see him punished appropriately.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Turns out Beast is just another Sinister.

At this point I’d say he’s worse. Sinister doesn’t pretend to be anything other than what he is. Hank is still pretending to be a friend, and that is more evil imho.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

drat that Beast!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3_PPdjD6mg

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

If Fox News finds out about that last page in X-Men they will have a hissy fit

a pregnant man? The woke agenda has gone too far!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Story wise there is absolutely no way to properly secure Sabertooth. Of all the x-villains he deserves permanent death the most.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

OnimaruXLR posted:

Sabertooth is a serial killer with a body count in the hundreds, probably guilty of war crimes, and I wouldn't bet against him being guilty of sexual assault, but I'd still say that Sinister, Stryfe, and Apocalypse are worse.

That being said, from a storytelling standpoint, they do have more utility than "Oh no, Sabertooth is feeling himself again"

And yet, the Sabertooth minis have been really good, so utility ain't everything

I’m not actually arguing that Marvel get rid of him, he’s great for stories. I don’t think you were saying that, just clarifying.

Now from the X-Men’s perspective, they know that every single time they’ve put him in captivity he escapes. When he escapes he kills everyone around him. In the hundreds of years he’s been alive he’s killed thousands of people. Not out of necessity or for a job each time, sometimes for fun or to gently caress with someone else. It’s heavily implied he uses sexual violence as a torture method to get what he wants. He’s completely unrepentant and will just continue to murder swaths of people as long as he’s alive.

The council had to have known he’d get out of the pit. Him escaping and killing more people was inevitable. They had the chance to permanently take him off the board and they failed. Even in mutant paradise he’s still a monster. A monster sho loves what he does. At least Sinister and Apocalypse behaved for a while. I think Apocalypse did okay until his exile deals in X of Swords.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

GOD IS BED posted:

I dunno, I think they were riding high on the "we created mutant paradise" and didn't think Sabretooth would ever get out. Krakoa held onto Vulcan and Darwin for decades, I figure the council expected the same for Victor.

They must’ve been really high on their own farts to believe that. If you lock a guy up 10 times and he escapes 10 times, there’s no reason to believe the 11th time will be different.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

site posted:

getting punisherpilled itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Voted for Juggs.