Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
So I'm not sold right away on Excalibur. I like the cast but not sure I'll be interested enough in the story to keep it up. I'll ride out the initial arc though and see how I feel.

Sidenote: when did Betsy get her old body back and how? I assume current "psylocke" is kwannon in her original body and Betsy being the new Britain is a way to keep both around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I think akkaba is the other half of krakoa?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I only know AoA mondo, and thanks to the artist in genX he was creepy looking. But not Sugarman creepy.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Boy oh boy I was not feeling anything about fallen angels. The artwork didn't appeal to me and the story doesn't seem that exciting so far. Not every x book will be for me but everything is getting at least 3 issues before I start trimming.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Dreqqus posted:

I don't remember my first issue # but it was Cyclops stranded on an island by himself with bandages around his eyes...

I am also a lifelong Cyke stan, lol

Sounds like when he and his boss/lover Lee discover magnetos creepy water castle.

The first issue I remember reading was 270-72 I think. loving scary arc with masque where forge and banshee find the Jean doppelganger.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yep marauders is my top book. Very fun. Excalibur is keeping my interest still but I'm not sure how long. I love the characters, just not sure the plots will hold me.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

What's this week? X force and new mutants?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I'd say sinister, havok and Vulcan for sure. Leaping person looks like sabertooth to me, and yeah egg thing looks like nanny but idk about that. Maybe deathstrike with the sword?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Schedule I found on reddit tells me we get x-men, marauders, and Excalibur this week.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Excalibur is still holding me, the characters in it are good enough for me to stay a while. Xmen was weird but sure why not, and marauders continues being awesome. What's the brief story of shinobi shaw? It looks like a phased hand killed him? I know I've never read anything with him in it but that's all.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I'm probably a no on that one. I hate scalp hunter and emptah as characters and I don't think I'll enjoy reading a series with them in it.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

^ didn't know that was a thing so that's interesting.

I am very okay with dropping fallen angels. The plot isn't necessarily bad but holy crap I can't stand the art.

I will keep up with x force though, and new mutants continues to be fun Though I wonder if they'll jump around to different new mutants teams or what. If it gets me rockslide and mercury etc. I'm down.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

Excalibur continues to have the most amazing art. It's heavenly to look at. I can't tell if I like the story it's telling, though. Five issues in and it's... serviceable?

Yeah I'm really digging the series even though I'm not quite sure what's going on plot wise. It's gorgeous to look at and like I've said before it's a great team.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I might have missed the discussion but I was a little surprised at how marauders ended. I didn't expect shaw to make a move so quickly, any theories on what our fearless pirate captain will do?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

I liked how half a Wolverine was nearly as dangerous as a whole Wolverine.

Just a little slower, is all.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah I don't mind the two different stories, but I'm not a fan of constant jumping between them.

X-force was cool and I'm definitely on board with it.

X-men was amazing and I absolutely need to see the rest of this plot play out.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Transistor Rhythm posted:

I had to double check that I hadn’t missed an issue between X-men 4 and 5. Did this stuff get set up another book?

It's basically in media res, the first page with cyclops is the last page of the issue.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Some new stuff tomorrow if I'm reading it right. Wolverine and giant size?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah uncanny 250-282 or whatever is really weird. Everyone is split up and the stuff with callisto is its own mini arc where masque was doing some real hosed up poo poo in the tunnels.

Really liked ff/x, was kitty's injury they reference the one from massacre? Where she was slowly phasing away?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

(the one panel with Cyclops was disturbing).

At the end? What the hell was up with his costume choice?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I'm going to play the fight game from New mutants when I get home tonight, including the deathbird shout.

Is that it for new mutants? I noticed it wasn't on the latest release schedule at the back of the issue.

Love Wolverine, and marauders continues to maraud.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I was a little confused about the "will's" part, Are they saying people are asking to be brought back as magneto in some instances? Stuff like that?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

Doug hiding Warlock and doing something with Krakoa is super creepy. I'm sure it's related to the Phalanx in some way, but hell if I know how.

I just want to say I did a double take like cyclops when reading that page. Very cool and yeah, super unnerving.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Did I miss a new mutants? Comixology has 8 available.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

LifeGetsWorser posted:

All I know is that I, too, want a warwolf puppy.

Idk man, I had the first two Excalibur issues as a kid and they kind of creeped me right the gently caress out.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I did get a kick out of blink and nightcrawler pulling a draw, as well as dazzler beating jubilee.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

From what I saw at C2E2 he was signing tons of 266 (1st gambit). Seemed like everyone in line had a 266 they wanted signed.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Making sure I'm not missing anything, they haven't picked up releases yet have they?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

God those panels of her past with professor x are loving perfect.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Oh man really digging that children of the atom print. And why not get the mat for my record player.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Agreed, I loved every page. Very excited to keep up with this series.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I'm very on board with Excalibur and Wolverine right now. It's just all clicking with me.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I was feeling a bit down on this until I started realizing that this is a Shonen tournament arc and now I'm way back in.

As soon as they mention reconvening in 3 days I was like "oh poo poo, we got ourselves a tournament arc! *air horn noises*

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Doesn't the promo work show us who the 10 will be? The ones all holding a sword?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

What the hell was all that? I guess they want readers to be as outraged as the characters? This whole thing is annoying at this point.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

poo poo that collection looks pretty rad. I've never backed anything before but I might start with that.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I really liked the ones her and Scott wore at the very very end of their x factor run.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah all this talk about luck and unbeaten, where's my hockey mullet mutant at?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Have we been told about orphan makers powers before? I couldn't remember anything myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Skwirl posted:

is he still good with swords?

Yes but for some reason he holds them upside down now.