Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
ok i went back to the post office and they let me pay the customs fee and they’ll apparently try to deliver it tomorrow or friday

fingers crossed lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
My Santee didn't give their real name (don't do this)

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
package finally arrived will post. pix soon

thanks midjack!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

bump_fn posted:

package finally arrived will post. pix soon

thanks midjack!

:nice:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
forgot to post pictures lol

no

now i need to find a dvd player

i will build this robot when i get home

smoka hiding in the bottom of the box...

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

bump_fn posted:

forgot to post pictures lol

no

now i need to find a dvd player

i will build this robot when i get home

smoka hiding in the bottom of the box...

is revolution os the one where ESR says "i'm yuor worst nightmare"

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Roosevelt posted:

It’s the one where neo fights agent smith in the rain, op

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

i am glad to see everything made it intact and i hope that you have some fun with it!

big lesson for everyone: don’t be dumb like me, if you are shipping internationally be sure you get the recipient’s true name.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Roosevelt posted:

yeah getting interviewed for that film was probably the high point of that sad shitlord's life

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
the YOSMAS arrived today!! the last one was stolen off my porch, something which has literally never happened to me before in the several years i've lived here

a box full of shirts!

lol stolen valor, also yes i will be on the lookout for a motherfucker with a Pentium Design Team polo, that would have been rad as i actually have relatives who worked at intel back then!

this one might have to be an around-the-house shirt...

i was roused by the delivery man and so it took me a moment to put the "elon-enron" thing together, i am definitely looking forward to confusing and offending nerds with this

they ain't kiddin' when they say "super heavyweight"

gonna be honest i don't really get this one but w/e

thanks for the shirts jimmy carter! i'm sorry my neighborhood chose the worst possible time to let me down. i really appreciate that you sent another package to make up for it. :)

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

gonna be honest i don't really get this one but w/e

all i know is that it's probably referring to VCE's rack servers (VBlock). i think it's a badly executed joke someone thought would be clever, but it's not; part of why it is cool

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
I cannot put into words how incredibly pissed I am about your loss. You also missed out on an HP iPod Team Member shirt which I was seriously considering keeping for myself.

Anyways, glad this one made it. Hope you get some bazingas mad with yr hoodie.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
I got the package from the post office. Pics forthcoming as soon as I get to open it!

I opened it!

Ok so if we're talking EPL specifically im kinda an arsenal guy but i can rep liverpool too. At least it's not Man U (go barça tho)

I will wear the shirts, and i am holding onto the surviving kinder egg until i have a special occasion to open it (accompanied by buckfast)

thanks for the uk swag santa!!

Sniep fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jan 17, 2020

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Sniep posted:

I got the package from the post office. Pics forthcoming as soon as I get to open it!

I opened it!

Ok so if we're talking EPL specifically im kinda an arsenal guy but i can rep liverpool too. At least it's not Man U (go barça tho)

I will wear the shirts, and i am holding onto the surviving kinder egg until i have a special occasion to open it (accompanied by buckfast)

thanks for the uk swag santa!!

can’t believe it finally made it

god bless

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
a second package has hit the my house

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

quote:

Attempted Delivery - Item being held, addressee being notified
UNITED KINGDOM
Your item could not be delivered on January 9, 2020 at 4:43 pm in UNITED KINGDOM due to the addressee not available at time of delivery. It is being held while the addressee is notified.
Claim yo present santee

You might have to use your forums name at the post office because you didn't give me a real one.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

bump_fn posted:

a second package has hit the my house

forgot to post these

amazing vintage clothing, computers style

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
poo poo, I flipped around who got what.

farmer crack-rear end, replace ‘intel shirt’ with ‘AMD64: Delivering On The Promise’ shirt in your original gift that got stolen.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Jimmy Carter posted:

poo poo, I flipped around who got what.

farmer crack-rear end, replace ‘intel shirt’ with ‘AMD64: Delivering On The Promise’ shirt in your original gift that got stolen.

did you have these custom made or are they legit vintage shirts frmo the design team? either way theyre amazing

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

bump_fn posted:

did you have these custom made or are they legit vintage shirts frmo the design team? either way theyre amazing

everything’s poo poo I found/tracked down except the sweatshirts. I should start a Depop store for someone who’s faking their resumé and want to steal valor for an interview because there’s an insane quantity of FB stuff floating around

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Came back from a long work trip and...

Still need to finish out the week before I start the weekend but I'll post pics as soon as I can!

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

:f5:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Funny enough, I was trying to take pictures and post this last night but I overestimated my limits and passed out at my desk. Woke up to a fire alarm that ran for about 10 minutes. One of the neighbors must be cooking something special for lunar new year's

Anyways... I opened it up, and was encountered by a posterboard that presented an insidious choice:

Moose Milkie or Stebe. Underneath both pictures is a PATA laptop drive. I might have a laptop old enough for this, or I can try to see if I can get some adapters and run it on a computer.

Dig a little further, and...

:frogsiren: I guess I won't have to dig up that laptop after all!

:stoked: it comes with a Plan 9 CD! I've never used Plan 9, and thankfully it comes with the ability to run off of the disc.

:toot: now, can this run Solaris x86 Illumos?

I'm out of time at the moment so if anyone else is watching this thread... who should I choose first? Stebe (pbuh) or Moose Milkie (:milkie:)?

THANK YOU SANTA! I can't even imagine the amount of time that you spent on this and it's much appreciated!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
holy poo poo it's the YOSTOP!!

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

holy poo poo it's the YOSTOP!!

what happened to the pink frill ?!

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

it's in the box, it fell off and no amount of glue seemed to get it back on.

the drives are intended to go in the yostop!!!! the screws and the little adapter thing you'll need to put the drives in are in a plastic bag deeper in the box

highly recommend the stebe drive 😈

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

it's in the box, it fell off and no amount of glue seemed to get it back on.

the drives are intended to go in the yostop!!!! the screws and the little adapter thing you'll need to put the drives in are in a plastic bag deeper in the box

highly recommend the stebe drive 😈

One vote for stebe!

Yes, the pink frill is in the box and didn't seem to be attached to anything so it's in my garage. I'll try to attach it when it goes out again.

I forgot to take pictures of the adapters :smith: but it all looks straightforward. I had to open three panels before pulling out the one that was seemingly for the audio jacks. Well, it was for the audio jacks but also the drive!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
oh jesus it was like seven and a half years ago when i had the YOSTOP

gently caress where has the time gone

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
yeah i cant even remember when i last had it except that i had it TWICE

as in someone just shipped it back to me after i had shipped it out

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

what the gently caress its the yostop !!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
holy poo poo lol

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry
it’s a yosmas miracle

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

never thought we’d see it again

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

it's cursed

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

reminder: https://youtu.be/ebohERkl_TI

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Lmao 5

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

:eyepop:

:popeye:

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

what model is the yostop anyway?

it must be insanely reliable to still survive shipping after all these years
imagine if it had been a macbook!

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

r u ready to WALK posted:

what model is the yostop anyway?

it must be insanely reliable to still survive shipping after all these years
imagine if it had been a macbook!

it looks like Dell Latitude D600, from ah 2003?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i believe its a d650. has a radeon