Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
thread delivers, voted 5

:five:

Heather Papps

hello friend

Luvcow posted:

thread delivers, voted 5

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Stoner Sloth

Luvcow posted:

thread delivers, voted 5

Also lol I remember watching this when I was a kid.

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Escape From Noise

Death roll! Death roll! DEATH ROLL!

Goons Are Gifts

That's scary

Pissed Ape Sexist

Only 1,979 alligators left to go so let's get this shindig rolling before things get weird. We are off to a solid start and with some teamwork we can really pull this off guys

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Jolo

My favorite pictures from this movie are the ones with the alligator in them.

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2tnp4QCKtk

Baboon (1990)

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Alligator (1980)
https://youtu.be/iuf5kyKgqlQ

death sext

next October I'm watching this every day

Jolo

This is great! I haven't actually seen Alligator (1980) but I will definitely watch it at work today.

Please don't let any of the tattle-tales from c**pons and d**ls see this link.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Manifisto

Alligator (2019)

ty nesamdoom!

Jolo

Manifisto posted:

Alligator (2019)

#notmyalligator
#classicgatorbestgator
#stayhungry

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Jolo

I watched this a few years ago. There are so many scenes of the baboon smashing his fists and jumping into closed doors. He's so small that even though the movie tries to make him seem really fierce, a lot of the time I found myself imagining the animal handlers coaxing him with treats to run back and forth down the hallway for movie footage.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Jolo posted:

This is great! I haven't actually seen Alligator (1980) but I will definitely watch it at work today.

Please don't let any of the tattle-tales from c**pons and d**ls see this link.

woooord I'm gonna watch it tonite, tomorrow we can discuss it's merits

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
last night I watched Hopscotch (1980)

https://youtu.be/iuf5kyKgqlQ

Walter Matthau, Glenda Jackson, Ned Beatty, Sam Waterston

funny, bloodless spy movie about a guy (Walter Matthau) fed up with the dumbness of the CIA and his dumb boss (Ned Beatty), so he publishes his memoirs one chapter at a time while globe-hopping one step ahead of his former employers. a bit clunky at times (much like Walter Matthau), but has a good story and pacing. Glenda Jackson is cool as a cucumber as our hero's rich German girlfriend and accomplice, and it was neat seeing Sam Waterston in something other than Law & Order, as Matthau's former trainee now forced to hunt down his old pal. Ned Beatty is always funny because he's Ned Beatty, and especially when he's mad, and he's very mad through the whole thing.

google THIS

One day we're going to hit the wild animal horror movie singularity, where there are more wild animal horror movies than there are actual incidents of wild animals fatally injuring a human being.

Escape From Noise

google THIS posted:

One day we're going to hit the wild animal horror movie singularity, where there are more wild animal horror movies than there are actual incidents of wild animals fatally injuring a human being.

Does the possessed buck head in Evil Dead 2 count?

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Alligator (1980) was really bad, in the best kind of ways. I laughed a lot right at the movie. An earnest effort, tired cop show tropes played so straight they were hilarious. A big kudos to the special effects team, the monster actually moved and looked pretty good in most scenes, though some of the initial reveals were just the head dollied into frame, mouth open, pure physical comedy.

After everyone totally understands the size and danger of the gator, there were many :psyduck: scenes where people willingly go into the gator zone wearing street clothes and sometimes armed with as little as a flashlight and a snub nosed .38. The scuba divers coming up from the lake and going, "we don't see him anywhere!" was particularly hilarious.

Robert Forster was good as the 'detective with a past' cheesy aging 70s hipster. Robin Riker plays The Reptile Expert and accomplice/love interest of the detective, and is also the reason we have a movie. Her dad flushed her pet alligator when she was a kid, and it's totally her alligator killin' all da peoples. Serious Spoiler here also animal :nms: : it's really not her dad's fault though, because of the evil animal testing facility that let CRAZY HORMONES into the sewer, causing mutation. Excellent schadenfreude when the billionaire behind all the evils gets smushed in his limo by the gator tail of doom, and also a fairly horrifying scene tbh. B-movie staples Michael Gazzo and Henry Silva also add flavor as The Police Chief and The Great White Hunter, respectively. Gazzo's over the top gruff voice affectation deftly covers his heavy drinking off-camera. It also helps that Police Chiefs get to lean on things a lot. Silva is classic Silva, as 'the guy you get when you can't afford Carradine'.

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Jolo posted:

I watched this a few years ago. There are so many scenes of the baboon smashing his fists and jumping into closed doors. He's so small that even though the movie tries to make him seem really fierce, a lot of the time I found myself imagining the animal handlers coaxing him with treats to run back and forth down the hallway for movie footage.

True behind the scenes secret: They got the baboon to attack doors angrily by putting a female baboon on the other side. He HORNY dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Putty posted:

True behind the scenes secret: They got the baboon to attack doors angrily by putting a female baboon on the other side. He HORNY dog

I guess we aren't so different from our primate cousins after all.