Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
goddamnit, someone slipped a loving U in the thread title before I could hit reply

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/matthirtyfive/status/1190581500254859264

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I'm just chortling at all the braying poshos who got up early to watch it

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Someone just point out in the replies to that Ridge clip that even in a two horse race between the Lib Dems and Tories, 8% would still vote Labour

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/AndyJBowes/status/1191303641854033920

it really doesn't either

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

It was a Lib Dem membership request form, you can see their confusion

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

e: nvm

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

can we change the thread title so we can forget about the racist transphobic piece of poo poo? tia

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/CliveEnderby/status/1191355243151462401

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/krishgm/status/1191649883469553664

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/Laranja02/status/1191788029003870209

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

The only organised fireworks in Portsmouth this year is happening tomorrow on the mainland, because the Gunwharf which usually does the big display used all of theirs for the D-Day 75 celebration earlier in the year

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Author of "NEVER HOPE, HOPE IS A LIE" writes

https://twitter.com/jroberts332/status/1191859759961509888

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/SheRa_Marley/status/1192569507262414848

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/rosielanners/status/1193179288691970049

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Joe.co.uk doing good work here (also thanks to a quick attempt to search for this on twitter, i find out joe apparently also stands for Jerk Off Encouragement and now my sexual orientation is dirty northern girls)

https://twitter.com/PoliticsJOE_UK/status/1190300848309624834?s=19

tbh, it's usually joi or jerk off instruction

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

A special shout out to the builders in Reading who straight up refused to stop working during the two minutes silence, especially respectful as they were working right by the war memorial at the time

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

An expression which screams "what the gently caress did I do?"

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Venomous posted:

Libformers: Tories In Disguise

BOOO!

and I found some crispchat outside of the thread:

https://twitter.com/NoContextHearn/status/1180224529664270336

ShaneMacGowansTeeth fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Nov 12, 2019

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Ague Proof posted:

Chuka is the Starscream of UK politics. Do not let him join your party.

Starscream saved the universe in the last comic run and was the best ruler Cybertron ever had and I'll see myself out

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

TheRat posted:

Lmao, imagine thinking this was the company you wanted to keep

I went to school with one person on this list, and she can get in the loving bin

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Oh dear me posted:

Same but Janina Ramirez

Well I called her Nina, but she's done stuff in the past which has put her permanently on my "will actually piss on her grave" list

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

XMNN posted:

Im guessing Janina Ramirez as I remember a goon saying he went to school with her when she did a documentary a while ago

surreptitiously closes ukmt_goons.xslx

I made the admission of knowledge in the TVIV thread years ago, before new information about how much of an actual poo poo she really was came into my possession. And that's before today's letter

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

There were 921 votes cast btw

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Which presumably means you can work out the votes per party by simply removing the decimal point :v:

Or have the official notice of result

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

TACD posted:

Already looking forward to every single Tory mouth wailing about Labour politicising this tragedy instead of focusing on the very real improvements that have been made since Grenfell, such as the rehoming of almost all the survivors

Check my mentions on twitter, who are basically saying that Corbyn set the building alight himself

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

TACD posted:

he was probably trying to set up the broadband and got into the mains wiring by accident

on my second batch of training to fix printers, on the first day of the course I managed to get one to short circuit and smoke really badly. Even the trainer guy didn't know it was possible

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

I was more going with the relevant point being the students being assured it was safe, when clearly it was not. Tories and their pals lying through their teeth and burning people alive to avoid the slightest hint of financial cost.

Most of the pushback I've gotten is "Well it was a Labour Council who built it, so it's they're fault", and I'm pretty sure that building safety regulations are a national matter for national government but no, Corbyn built and torched this building

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Hello friends, today we scattered my aunt's ashes on the shores of the beach of Hayling Island under a swollen sky which threatened but didn't deliver rain while HMS Prince Of Wales made its first journey into Portsmouth. It was a lot more emotional than I thought it would be.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

They often are, hope you're doing okay.

I am, thank you friends. And if you'll indulge me for posting my own tweets...

https://twitter.com/realflanmurray/status/1195767814860222464

just got me a 12 hour twitter time out

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Samovar posted:

BTW, somebody mentioned b3ta earlier; whatever happened to that site?

it's still trucking as a newsemailletter as I remember

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

My local MP throwing some shade at the Lib Dems in his latest leaflet drop

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z5iJ7DXoYM

e: the 220 bus runs from Willesden Junction to Mapleton Crescent

ShaneMacGowansTeeth fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Nov 17, 2019

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

This is bad for Corbyn...wait

https://twitter.com/kevin_larkin/status/1197123256391745537

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Rarity posted:

I saw the dentist yesterday and it turns out that due to an impacted wisdom tooth one of my teeth now has a big hole in it that's decaying away which needs removing and the dental hospital won't be able to see me for four months. I'll probably get one at some point though!

I currently have sensitivity in my teeth moving around like surround sound, and it's not all that fun so I guess I'd best haul myself off to the dentist. I think I know which tooth is causing it though

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

Lostprophets still have some good tunes, that doesn't stop with the singer being one of the absolute worst human beings I've come across

A Town Called Hypocrisy has a really dark video in hindsight.

was that the one set in the spoof version of Rainbow or Blue Peter?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

feedmegin posted:

I remember posting something in the USPOL thread after the Brexit referendum and having poster after poster condescendingly explain to me that maybe we were dumb crazy fuckers but the US definitely wasn't going to elect Trump, no way, was never going to happen no sirree.

Lol.

I had this exact same conversation with two older gents in the top deck of Comerica Park in Detroit about ten days before the referendum and the three of us were exactly the same: we would never vote for Brexit and they would never vote for Trump

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Can't put an extra million people in Portsmouth, because you'd really need to completely re-design and rebuild the city's infrastructure before you put those high rises in

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

WhatEvil posted:

That's true for anywhere you're building homes, though. They absolutely need to build new transport links (BUILD RAIL YOU FUCKS), hospitals etc. wherever you're building more houses. It's not happening at the moment when new houses are built and that's why everywhere is getting so hosed.

I grew up in Buckingham (Bercow's constituency) and it's about doubled in size since I were a nipper. There's been hardly any new infrastructure in that time and so it's crowded, the roads are busy etc. and the same thing is happening everywhere.

Portsmouth's drawbacks are Portsmouth harbour on the west, Portsdown hill to the north, Langstone harbour to the west and the Solent to the South as well it's already stupidly high population density. Isle of Wight car ferries suspended down on the south side of Portsea Island? Queues back to the mainland! Gunwharf Quays on a bank holiday Sunday? Queues back to Fareham and Havant! A better idea would be to build a rail line that diverts after crossing the Hamble through Park Gate, Titchfield, Lee-On-Solent and Gosport before it loops back up to Fareham, as there's plenty of land around there that could be used, and it would also ease the pressure on the local roads around that part of the area

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

BalloonFish posted:

I lived in Gosport for a spell nine/eight years ago and, familiar as I already was with the Portsmouth area's 'unique' traffic issues, the Gosport peninsula is just horrific. Since it was revived as a dormitory town after all the naval depots closed it has one single-carriageway road for 90,000 people to squeeze along twice a day to get to anywhere with large scale jobs, commerce or entertainment unless you're lucky enough for your home and work to be within striking distance of the ferry. And this was before austerity began biting and most of the public services on the peninsula were shut down with cheery assumptions that 'people can just go to Fareham or QA! :)' which also requires fighting up and down the A32.

Of course there was a railway between Fareham and Gosport, and one which ran from Gosport to Lee-on-Solent, tantalisingly close to making a connection at Netley, but they're long gone and Gosport station is now luxury apartments...

Well, the mess of roads coming off the M27 towards Gosport and Fareham are still a loving mess and despite living down here for eight years I still almost always balls it up, so just end up going down the A27 through Portchester instead, as those roundabouts and crossovers can gently caress off