Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Braggart posted:

Boris looking really strong and stable rn

It was Very Normal for him to start to walk away but then twitch back to shout GET BREXIT DONE like someone waking up from a nightmare shouting the last thing they saw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Kinda reminds me of when Siemens, who supplied the Nazis, brought out an oven called the Zyklon, and at no point had someone say "hmmm, might want to rethink this one, boss."

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

VideoGames posted:

(I have this strange thing where I am constantly warm and like to wear as few clothes as possible - once went up a mountain in shorts and a t shirt and it felt glorious!) I love cold weather so much.

Literally having an IRL conversation as I'm typing about this lmao

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

mfcrocker posted:

Eh, we had this poo poo in 2017 and it barely made a blip on the polls.

did lead to michael fallon decrying a statement purportedly by Corbyn blaming Britain for bringing these attacks upon ourselves and he frothed about how it was batshit and shows whoever said that must never be in charge of the country's security only for Krishnan Guru-Murphy to pull a poo poo-eating grin and say "those are the words of Boris Johnson, your foreign secretary"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

We can't tell, in an almost perfect angle this tweet is closer but you only ever see the back of the head with the rest hidden by the crash barrier CONTENT WARNING https://twitter.com/AuroraIntel/status/1200423477905416192

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

mediaphage posted:

Graun reporting that five people were injured in the attack. Scotland Yard CT involved...does anyone know how involved they get in cases that don’t turn out to be terror-related?

I think any attack like this will be investigated by Slipper. Need to find out who this person is, their motivation, etc. while the Met are more about prevention and reaction-in-the-now.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jippa posted:

The way they all run for it, something was up.

The guy being pulled off appears to have been "caught" by the attacker - the attacker's legs appear to be wrapped around his legs. In a leg-log basically.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

gh0stpinballa posted:

probably memory holed but was there any follow up on the british spook who "founded" the "white helmets" and his mysterious death?

He felt overcome with guilt and Javert-ed himself.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Yeah that definitely makes it look a bit more like the attacker was still in the middle of attacking someone and was trying to get back up before they shot him. The guy they pull off just looks like a member of the public.

Yes they appeared to be locked in a pavement-wrestle which the cops extricated him from

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

gh0stpinballa posted:

this made me lol on the bus

he even did the whole song beforehand!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

fuf posted:

ahhh stop saying "pull off" I'm trying to take this seriously

they were engaged in a sweaty struggle, two men pushing against each other with high tensions until one of the men, tossed off by a third gentleman, felt it was time to leave in a hurry

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Bape Culture posted:

There’s photos of another knife after he’s been shot. But sure owlfancier lets have some more hot takes lmao

my god, he;'s made of knives!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

hemale in pain posted:

To be honest I'm pretty sure the bystander on top of him was trying to murder him

[extremely dommy cummy voice] shoot them both

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/metpoliceuk/status/1200434865889579008

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Most likely a communication error but initially they claimed they had detained him https://twitter.com/metpoliceuk/status/1200426882661068801

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Julio Cruz posted:

threw himself into a river?

Jumped to his death, yes.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

We live in a liberal democracy

no, we live in a society

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

kustomkarkommando posted:

Sort of looks like the member of the public is trying to pull a bag or something out of his hands, kind of looks like his right hand drops something just as he's shot

Probably the other knife bape culture mentioned.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oh or it could have been a detonator!

quote:

A witness said the man shot by the police could have been wearing an explosive vest.

Speaking to the BBC, Karen Bosch said:

I was on the bus coming southbound over London Bridge we just pulled away from the bus stop when the bus came to a sudden stop, because there were people running across the bridge into the road, sort of looking over their shoulders and filming behind them.

It looked like there was a fight going on ... people tussling with each other. And then you realise it was police wrestling with one tall bearded man.

I had my baby with me, so I moved her behind the stairwell to be safe. Then there was a two shots or two loud pops, I think they were gunshots. And I also saw a spent taser.

And then the guy was lying on the floor. He then pulled his coat back, which showed that he had some sort of vest underneath [I don’t know] whether it was a stab vest or some sort of explosive vest. The police then really quickly moved backwards away.

On the bus we were panicking because we’re at this point, we were almost as close as the police to him. And he was sort of lying there pulling his coat backwards and the police were shouting at him and staying back from him.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Reposting for a new page:

A witness said the man shot by the police could have been wearing an explosive vest.

Speaking to the BBC, Karen Bosch said:

I was on the bus coming southbound over London Bridge we just pulled away from the bus stop when the bus came to a sudden stop, because there were people running across the bridge into the road, sort of looking over their shoulders and filming behind them.

It looked like there was a fight going on ... people tussling with each other. And then you realise it was police wrestling with one tall bearded man.

I had my baby with me, so I moved her behind the stairwell to be safe. Then there was a two shots or two loud pops, I think they were gunshots. And I also saw a spent taser.

And then the guy was lying on the floor. He then pulled his coat back, which showed that he had some sort of vest underneath [I don’t know] whether it was a stab vest or some sort of explosive vest. The police then really quickly moved backwards away.

On the bus we were panicking because we’re at this point, we were almost as close as the police to him. And he was sort of lying there pulling his coat backwards and the police were shouting at him and staying back from him.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

peanut- posted:

https://twitter.com/MayorofLondon/status/1200442684298661895

Treating the incident as terrorism-related as a precaution doesn't suggest anything suicide-vesty is likely.

Eh, even a suicide vest doesn't suggest ideological motive. Could genuinely be a really hosed-up brainsponge.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Reminder that the last bridge attackers were wearing fake explosive vests just to try to get that type of response.

Yeah that too - the appearance of something that 'looks like' doesn't mean it wasn't intended to look like.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Although I personally like to imagine that previous attackers had the vests but literally couldn't afford the explosives because of our lovely stagnant economy so they had to go out with them empty.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lmao

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

hahahaha

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

this tweet seems comically casual out of context

https://twitter.com/metpoliceuk/status/1200443084124884992

bah it double-tweets, I mean the bottom one

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I've not read any posts but I feel the need to declare that everyone here is gay and votes lib dem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

deano posted:

All goes well here one less Scottish tory shitebag

We can Win this!
soz for slightly drunk rambling posting but honesdtly right now i wish i could give you all a big hug.

Welcome, comrade!