Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ powitics is back baby! it's good again! uwuuuuuuuuuuu~ (wowf howw ◖⚆ᴥ⚆◗)

right. that got that out of my system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back

Purple Prince posted:

Who else thinks the result is likely to be a comically hung parliament with a slight swing to Labour? I don’t know if that’s better or worse than the current situation because it splits parliament between up to 3 parties (lib dem / Snp / Labour) and that’s going to make a coherent policy position hard to come by.
That's looking distinctly possible. Or maybe another Con / LD coalition, maybe even minority government for absolute political paralysis and head-pounding awfulness. Not that it'll stop me putting some time into campaigning. We'll see how it starts to shape up over the next few weeks. Maybe the baying hounds of the left-ish can work some magic and rip the Tories apart a bit (beagles? spaniels? border collies? terriers? idk what the dog equivalent of Labour is).

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back
bingo card for Tory policymakers, where the free square is "denying the Srebrenica genocide"

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back

Braggart posted:

Also giving back the commons. Good job Andrew.
can't believe he's in favour of returning $120 trillion in stolen gold and silver to South America. welcome, comrade!

continuing a theme, the siskin

CGI Stardust fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Nov 1, 2019

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back

Guavanaut posted:

You're now on the loving list for Wimbledon. :)

What's their link?
if we're linking the Emancipation Network pods (General Intellect Unit, Alpha2Omega), may as well stick Swampside Chats up there too to get all 3! "The highest communist podcast"

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back
Swinson the Carpathian

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back

Brexit is but a door, election time is but a window. I'll be back

CGI Stardust fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Nov 1, 2019

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back
lmao who bought me this avatar

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back

jabby posted:

This is actually slick as loving hell. Might even be motivated to go out canvassing rather than just chucking some cash.
nice find! that's going to make it easier to schedule some traipsing

VideoGames posted:

How could I not?
thank you! you're a good lad/lass/other, VG

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Presumably you don't need to be a momentum member to join in? The Labour campaign site is clunky as hell, stop telling me about fundraising drivers in Croydon and let me know where you need my elite knocking skills. I'm poo poo at the actual talking, but boy do I know how to knock on a door.
nope. Labour member, maybe, but all of those are Labour activities, not Momentum as far as I can see (at least the canvassing ones, dunno about the others)

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back

Angepain posted:

As VideoGames is clearly a pink blob from Planet Popstar and I'll hear no contradictory evidence, I looked up what Kirby's official gender is (localised male, but not specified in Japan) and found this very useful diagram on Wikipedia

thanks, wikipedia. this has nothing to do with UK politics but i feel this information is important for all.
[zizek voice] that's dialectics, baby!

actually, thinking about it, Kirby has mastered the dialectic!

ed: warning! do not search for "thicc kirby" unless you want a shock

CGI Stardust fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Nov 1, 2019

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back

ed: or

CGI Stardust fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Nov 1, 2019

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back
ah, but this only shows how badly Labour mismanage local governance! etc.

e: ^^ fb

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back
kirby backing dancer line!

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back

Starsnostars posted:

My Conservative MP won with a majority of over 16,000 in my constituency in 2017 so there will be no significant splitting of the vote by the Brexit Party. It's hard to get motivated about voting when your constituency is a foregone conclusion.
Similar here, something like 65% Tory with LD second, but that's why [enthusiastically, like an ad in Starship Troopers] I signed up to the Labour Party and Momentum to volunteer what I can from a distance (social media digging, video clipping, whatever), and went here https://www.mycampaignmap.com to find local places to campaign, for a chance at a better tomorrow! (this post paid for by foul social chauvanist Momentum thugs holding a baseball bat to my knees)

oh no :( the piss birds may fly at you, but don't eat them! they're not healthy! dodge them instead!

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back
Looking forward to Johnson performing his greatest hits, like "Venezuela", "Get Brexit Done", "Mad Marxist", and "Please Stop Showing Me Pictures Of Ditches"

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back

Maugrim posted:

Hey thread, do we have any evidence/material regarding Swinson / the lib dems being poo poo on the NHS? I'm marshalling my arguments to persuade my sister to vote Labour rather than Lib Dem and I think a heartfelt appeal pointing out how important the NHS are/have been to my family would be a big factor in swaying her.

It's actually kind of devious of them not to have any policies besides remain because like Brexit itself it allows you to project whatever your own values are into the gaps.
Her voting record on health is here; I don't know enough about this to be able to comment
https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/11971/jo_swinson/east_dunbartonshire/votes#health

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back
welcome, lurkers! please snuggle yourselves into thread much like this fairy wren

don't worry about white noise. here is a very small and round birb (long-tailed tit) for you to look after, to take your mind off it. some call this birb the "flying lollipop". they are wrong. do not pay attention to them.

CGI Stardust fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Nov 2, 2019

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back

VideoGames posted:

What do you do if when you scream you create the void.

Asking for....a friend.
tricky. maybe if you start the scream, and then we scream into the resulting void? teamwork, comrade! we couldn't do it without you! :hfive:

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back

NLJP posted:

I am also a lurker and want to hank you regulars for the thread, I've been in hospital since early September and keep dipping into this hot bullshit and it is a good? distraction.

I should check out the podcast. Anyway, here we here we fuckin go, let's get the reds in finally
welcome, lurker! please do post if you feel up to it. wishing you swift recoveries ♥

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back

justcola posted:

Got a letter through the door from the Tories asking me to fill out a 2 page questionnaire about the NHS. The last question is good as you get to rank what resources need improving, like who would win in a fight between mental health services or obesity and diabetes.

It also came with a freepost envelope, so I'm tempted to post them the letter back covered in vaseline or alternatively, put the blank form in another envelope without a stamp on so they have to pay to receive it.

So much potential energy the envelope is on fire.
rate everything as 1 for importance, then draw in an extra box marked "Treating Tories who get sick" and rate that 2-8.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back

gh0stpinballa posted:

when people describe lib dems and lib dem boosters as social fascists there is some truth there tbh

another good example would be lib dem hysteric oz katerji cheering on the US police arresting max blumenthal. they will absolutely go along with the coup MI5 and army top brass have threatened if corbyn wins. i think the left is seriously underestimating capital's willingness to use violence.
oh dear. noted aristocrat marina hyde. or marine hyda, because she probably wants to station troops all round the globe

the incredibly dumb thing is that Labour isn't even that threatening to capital - capital is grumbling but sort of willing-ish because Labour isn't actually anti-capitalism, it's the """elite""" (lol) journalists and political class who have the problem. like, for many factions of capital, a Labour government wouldn't be that bad, all things considered, and Labour higher-ups have shown willingness to compromise. just dumb as poo poo decision making all round

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back

gh0stpinballa posted:

the objective reality of corbyn as a compromise candidate between the left and the middle doesn't matter really, cos capital and media "perceive" him as a threat. there is room to work with this so it's not entirely bleak, but there are plenty of wealthy, elderly fascists around who will be fully on board with a violent right wing street movement.
Almost all public-facing media absolutely see Corbyn as a threat, and there's a big reactionary base in the country (partly responding to the media), but capital as whole? eeeh *waves hand around* not so sure; definitely some opposed but some ok-ish especially if it means continuing in good relations with the EU. McDonnell's making overtures to CBI etc. talking about the importance of businesses working within and with society (social democracy! wow!) and when you've got Actual Capitalist Papers like FT and Economist (? I think? could be misremembering the latter) grudgingly saying that your policies aren't terrible there's room for a smidgen of hope that a Corbyn government wouldn't be crushed outright imo, despite the continual whining of exceptionally irritating pundits

MikeCrotch posted:

There is definitely a situation where a good chunk of the membership is getting increasingly annoyed with Corbyn for being overly compromising on things, particularly with the PLP. essentially there seems to be a good cop, bad cop dynamic with Corbyn and McDonnell respectively towards the parliamentary party - it shouldn't be a surprise that McDonnell is omnipresent at The World Transformed and seemingly more popular among engaged party members.

It should also be noted that the right are in an absolute tailspin right now and have by and large ditched the party in huge numbers (both MPs and members). Momentum had a 100% pass rate at conference and the heights of right wing success are "not having their MPs deselected". A lot of the candidates replacing leaving MPs are left wing as well which is likely going to change the makeup of the PLP quite a bit.

It might not be a situation where Tony Benn has a cadre of left wing councils to call on but there absolutely is a left beyond Corbyn and Momentum. It's not lost on the wider membership that Momentum currently is basically an extension on the leader's office (thought they still butt heads - see Lansman's failed attempt to ditch Tom Watson), just at the minute the situation hasn't really warranted an alternative cropping up. I don't imagine that will be the situation forever.
So I'm quite new to Labour, don't really have a great grasp on its internal dynamics and structure.

One question here is exactly how important Corbyn is personally to the project as a whole, and how much of the "Oh Jeremy Corbyn" spirit will stay after he's gone (whenever that may be). As you say, there's a chunk of the left getting pretty pissed off at the compromising, and there's going to be more compromising if Labour get in (from McDonnell as well, probably, given how his rhetoric's shifted), so at that point is Corbyn a liability to the left or is his reputation and "vibe" critical for connection with the target voters? Which then leads to the question of exactly what recourse the party's left has if they do want to get rid; the extent to which the leadership is actually responsive and accountable to the membership (it should be, given that democracy supposed to be is one of Corbyn's key Things)

Also there's the union problem which seems a bit thorny; how long would the unions stay on Labour's side if Labour tried to really push the Green New Deal thing as far as it needs to go? If an essential policy creates 10,000 green jobs but removes 20,000 polluting ones, which way do the unions break? Does Labour get pressured into not doing the policy and loving the climate targets? etc.

Future's looking interesting.

ed: sorry, i've been... brambling... a bit

CGI Stardust fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Nov 2, 2019

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back

Eschenique posted:

This can't possibly be real.
alas, it is not. she doesn't shoot them, she eats them tail-first (allegedly)

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back
Anti-fascism, by suppressing the freedom of speech of fascists, prevents both fascists and anti-fascists from reaching fully disalienated class consciousness and thus liberation. Why do you hate the left so much as to suggest that class consciousness should be prevented?

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back
devil's advocate: Swinson isn't entirely wrong from the LD point of view. They're assuming that politics has restructured entirely around Brexit and Leave / Remain, in which case the good council and EU election results for LD in that district might become a better predictor than the 2017 result, and the graph almost (with a bunch of twisting around in the ol' brainpan) makes sense - Full Remain vs Full Leave and we don't understand what Labour are doing and neither does anyone else.

Would I like to bet on this? No I would not.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back

Braggart posted:

Do you think the Lib Dems might have an incentive to claim to hold this belief? ;)
Incentive to claim? Yes. Incentive to actually believe? Also yes. Hard to tell.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back
Just back from doorknocking, turns out the centrists are right and better things are not, in fact, possible. Also, :barf: foreigners :barf: scroungers :barf: :suicide:

Braggart posted:

Well I would argue that whether individual Lib Dems actually believe it or they are just lying for short term advantage is irrelevant to us. And also to them ;)
eh, if you're making the terrible mistake of talking to a LD, it's useful to know the kind of delusion they're under; belief is harder to puncture. Also it'll determine LD strategy - if they genuinely believe it, they'll have a harder time shifting to other narratives even when that one gets countered or otherwise stops working.

Guavanaut posted:

Maybe not as much as regulating mechanized agriculture, but it adds up (and the thread has already established that agriculture was the greatest human mistake).
related, don't know if you've heard this, a conversation with Donna Haraway and Anna Tsing about the Plantationocene (vs the Anthropocene as a concept, and a bunch of other stuff)
https://edgeeffects.net/haraway-tsing-plantationocene/

Pesky Splinter posted:

Cum Dom pulling numbers from his secret arse.
chance that this model is any good: 0, based on his other work he doesn't actually understand any of the things he goes on about (takes one to know one shut up shut up shut up)

now, because i need something nice after this afternoon and so do you, presenting: the house martin

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back
The original tweet isn't really wrong - Labour's need to keep the unions happy could potentially lead to some bad environmental policy decisions, not sure why this is controversial? unions aren't magically revolutionary and leftist, once they hit a certain size / life-cycle point they become bureaucratic institutions whose role is self-reproduction and keeping their members in a job, and this might end up contradicting the goals of a wider leftist movement. It's happened before, it'll likely happen again.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Looks a lot like one of those circular locks you can defeat with a correctly-sized straw/pen ink reservoir.
Ah, lockpicking, a nice fun subject to opine on. Yep, this looks like a tubular lock. Hypothetically*, if one were to want to pick a tubular lock, one would a heat-softened biro tube / circle of stiff card to impression, or buy a set of tubular lock picks/impressioners, or pick directly with a standard pick and a tubular lock tensioner. Might also be a wafer lock, in which case one would pick it normally, rake it , or use a set of wafer jiggle keys llike these or these.

* This is all hypothetical, obviously one should never pick an in-use lock or a lock one doesn't own in case of damaging it, even experienced pickers gently caress up from time to time, myself included, it'd be a bit embarrassing to explain to your landlord and probably get you evicted; fortunately, as Guava said, you don't need to pick it, you can just stick a cold pack on top of the box :v: cheaper and easier!

ed: for more information about picking tubular locks, LockPickingLawyer has a playlist of his tubular lock picks. Also Lock Noob.

vvvv oh, probably, but that's more effective and less fun; if you knew the manufacturer you could probably order "replacements" directly

CGI Stardust fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Nov 3, 2019

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back
god, i love publicly-available security products being keyed alike. also love being able to cut a key from the picture, goddamn that's the ticket right there

still more fun to pick them though!

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back

Guavanaut posted:

Thanks, this is good. I like 'Capitalcene' better than Plantationocene, but I think that might only cover the bit from the 1600s through to today. I'd perhaps go one further and call it the Civitacene, because the big change in our interaction with nature that came up with us alongside agriculture and developed as it did is the change from nomadism to the idea of fixed territory that is 'ours'. The modern idea of the sovereign nation-state may be post-Westphalian, but the idea of a 'state' in general took root when we first broke the soil at Nippur.
the bit that's stuck with me most so far is the way the language of Anthropocene is mistakenly taken to mean (or carries the meaning of) climate change etc. caused by the general mode of "humans being", and that bounding possibilities for change, compared to the comparative liberation of it being caused by a specific mode of being (extractivism) rooted in Enlightenment rationality and ontology, which offers more scope for "outsideness"

OwlFancier posted:

If you like silly key reuse then I reccomend Deviant Ollam's presentations on youtube on the subject.

I think my favourite is when the name of the key is just the bitting code inscribed on the key itself and they rely on people not figuring this out.
the standard taxi-cab key being used for the entire set of police force cruisers is just hilarious. and his elevator vids are fantastic too

jabby posted:

Did you see the survey question the graph was produced from?

Absolutely nothing to do with the Euro or council elections. They literally asked people 'if only the Lib Dems or Conservatives could win, who would you vote for?' and put the result in a graph.
Yeah, it's a really silly survey. From what I remember, I was working off Swinson's interview justification for the survey, implying that, from the Euro elections, politics is reconfiguring around Remain / Leave - in this model, the graph is messaging rather than a representation of anything factual, "here is the remain / leave split, remain's still in reach!" I just find it interesting to try and (re-)construct how this could seem like a useful graph to them if we assume for a moment they aren't being deliberately misleading :shobon:

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back
ed: fine. birbs it is then. swallow

mehall posted:

Catte tax

v good, give her pets

Bundy posted:

Hey folks, while I was away on holiday I noticed someone that volunteers for a CLP or Momentum I think looking for computer touchers? I can't seem to find it now but I'm a Python dev/SQL DBA if there's something I can help someone with.
go to the form in the post below, pick the 'support' role (other roles also available), sign up to the slack that'll get sent to you and ask around, and finally see if Comrade Fakename will let you into the Goon Chat by PMing them

Comrade Fakename posted:

The plan in Momentum is to focus on marginals, but if you fill out the volunteer form (https://forms.gle/rSApq7hYfYSKzKzg6 you can ask about it in Slack.

Speaking of the Momentum Slack, we should have our own Elite Goon Cru within it. So I’m going to post in the #random channel “We’ve got the Tories on the run!”. Find that post and send me a DM asking me if I have stairs in my house. After 24 hours, I’ll make a group chat of everyone who contacted me.

CGI Stardust fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Nov 4, 2019

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back

mehall posted:

E; you paid birb tax as I hit quote apparently, but I've posted another kitten pic already.
oh no! too many pictures of a kitten with tiny little ear tufts and big ol paws! :ohdear:

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back

Mr Phillby posted:

Feeling encouraged to post more and lurk less. You all brought this upon yourself.

I've been following UKMT for years now, altough I did bounce off the thread during the Milliband years because it seemed just pages of arguing about Zizek from my limited exposure at the time. Over time thread has has helped me crystalize my political leanings from 'uncritcally votes labour (blair was good), gently caress the tories' to 'Full socialism now, purge the hated blarites and wreckers but especially gently caress the tories'. It also opened my eyes reading other peoples experiences with gender and identity itt and I got to say 'I am a homosexual' to my parents for the first time last night and I've never been happier.

Feeling positive and optimistic despite everything rn.
welcome, former lurker! in celebration of your emergence in both ways, please accept some Pride birds

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back

Borrovan posted:

One of the hardest parts of actually implementing the kinds of strong environmental protections we need is the whole turkeys/Christmas thing: as soon as anyone starts doing it in a way that actually interferes with people's livelihood/lifestyle (which we kind of need to do), it's absolutely trivial for opportunist politicians to start saying ENVIRONMENTALIST POLITICIANS DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU, and you lose the next election in a landslide. A model of environmental protection that you can't actually implement in practice is a bad model.

Working with the unions isn't perfect, but it bypasses that problem by ensuring that the protection of jobs and living standards is an integral part of the model, and is therefore a far better solution than the Greens can come up with. The Greens' approach is the environmental version of revoke A50: all well and good if you just want to harvest a few votes from single issue voters and know full well you'll never be in power, but it isn't actually a realistic solution because you'd never actually be able to implement it.

Also, y'know. Support a union. We should be ensuring that our environmental policy protects jobs and living standards, and the labour movement has proven to be literally the only thing capable of doing that out of all* of the things that have ever been tried.

*both

Carborundum posted:

I think this is something the Green movement struggles with sometimes. I think the point is that any transition to a Green economy (hate that term) has to be a just transition and can't leave behind the large sectors of society that are going to have to fundamentally shift; from people who work on oil rigs to dairy farmers. Look at the yellow vest movement for an example of what happens when misguided environmental policies come up against people's daily struggle. A policy of 'save the planet at all costs' is not going to be popular among the people who are going to have to pay those costs - which will be the poor and vulnerable and the working class unless the transition is focused on them from the start.
Sorry it's taken me a while to respond, my thoughts were/are a bit lacking definition on this, but that's not ever stopped me posting before :v:

Agreed that the Greens are not exactly making that criticism in the best of faith, and they'd have trouble building consensus for their policies. I also agree that unions are almost certainly necessary to get this process started, and probably the best way.

I still think it's worth considering the potential tensions, though. In the short term, it's easy to imagine restructuring a number of jobs in a climate / environment direction - fine, unions will be on board with that. But in the medium-to-long term, we're going to need to start drawing back on lifestyle emissions - availability of certain foods, removing non-electric private transport, etc. This is probably going to hit living standards in certain ways - can't always guarantee buses at the correct time, unlike car ownership! Given that this will negatively affect union members, which way do the unions go? If it turns out that there aren't enough jobs to replace a given industry, what do the unions for that industry do?

With just transitions and paying the costs, the people who are going to pay the greatest costs of climate change are the Global South (and it isn't even close!) Any just transition worth the word "just" is going to have to take that into account and, as you say, focus on them from the start. Fortunately, the Labour Green New Deal's policy platform does that (nice to see). But, again, what happens in practice when unions are inevitably forced into choosing between the just transition and the transition that's easier on their members? Do you try and build consciousness in the members to explain why their lives will be materially worse or do you throw the Global South under the bus? yet again

Large institutions tend to have inertia and be resistant to change from within, so I guess what I'm building towards is my concern about what's needed to influence unions and their membership into supporting a truly global "just transition" (even though it may demand a lot of people) - extra-union institutions and organizing, metasystems, whatever; I have no idea needs to be done to make it work, or whether that sort of thinking is already taking place?

Anyway. It's a fucker of a problem, and I can't see any way other than cooperation with the unions to at least get things started down that road. Unless and until Climate Leviathan arises, taking the decision mercifully out of our hands

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back
it'd be worth it to see children try to explain to their parents that actually being a nurse or teacher isn't technically productive labour, and furthermore...

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back
the tweet comments of any British political figure are rife with bots and idiots, and there's a decent chance, if they are bots or paid reply-guys, that they're run by the Tories or BREXIT rather than Russia

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back

Ms Adequate posted:

The UK has extremely powerful transphobia. That particular person might be a bot but it could just as easy be a real Mumsnet poster.
It looks like that specimen is alt-right of some description in addition to the transphobia - almost all posts are retweets, including Charlie Kirk, Jack Posobiec, Steven Miller, Andy Ngo, Pim Tool, Shapiro, Piers Morgan, PJW, Brexit, Conservatives, etc. Transphobia, anti-Labour, and general right-wing shittery. Also only started tweeting mid-October having had the account since 2018. Chance of being a bot, I'd say; didn't Cummies say something about using transphobia as a culture war thing?

ed: could also just be a general right-wing arsehole, but is all that poo poo characteristic of the Mumsnet type? I'm not up to date with what's going on there

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back

Communist Thoughts posted:

Can ronya or someone smarter than me point me to a good explanation of LTV? I think it's that if you vote labour, that's good value

E or is it just some old timey bullshit that only marxist academics and telegraph writers care about
there's this series of simple-ish videos from back in 2010 that serve as an ok introduction, i think - they're often recommended for newcomers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGT-hygPqUM&list=PL3F695D99C91FC6F7

(also, noting the playlist title, it's often called Law of Value by Marxists, not Labour Theory of Value, which iirc tends to be reserved for Smith and Ricardo?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back

Communist Thoughts posted:

E or is it just some old timey bullshit that only marxist academics and telegraph writers care about
please, telegraph writers almost certainly have no idea what it is