Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

my god look at this terrifying stalinist who will put us all in camps

he cannot be stopped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

What actually are the purdah rules?

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Looking at Lindsay Hoyle's voting record, he seems to be a bit of a tool.

Am I missing some exonerating circumstance here?

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Oh thank gently caress

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

madey posted:

Voting for Watson as deputy is genuinely one of my biggest regrets.

So loving :same:

That and voting for the Lib Dems after they voted against the Iraq war and promised to abolish tuition fees

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Gove probably wanted to quietly cancel the Islamophobia inquiry just after the election instead of drawing attention to their racism before the election.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Julio Cruz posted:

"we can't take any more people"

It's funny seeing the exact same racist rhetoric used in the USA, a country with about a tenth of the population density.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Pochoclo posted:

Not gonna lie I'm feeling a bit of hope seeing how the media's getting so nervous about the Brexit Party vote splitting

If people who habitually vote tory actually start thinking about voting for someone else, it's a huge win.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

So, we now have evidence that the tories are being funded by Russia to break up the EU.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Absolute madness. What's next, free healthcare for all? :argh:

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Are there countries with free broadband for every citizen?

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

fatelvis posted:

Does the average person really think he's gonna go full Stalin the second he gets in power?

I don't think anyone pushing this narrative actually believes it for a moment. It's just the go-to attack line left-wing leaders have had to put up with for decades.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Help our homeless, but not in any concrete, systematic way that might have a lasting effect, just in a slapdash "it's Christmas we'll have a whip-round" kind of way that'll ensure that generations to come can freeze and starve to death

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Communist Thoughts posted:

if we give the corrupt people even more money, they will become less corrupt. simples

Trump's too rich to be bribed!

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Necrothatcher posted:

Lol the Evening Standard is turbo hosed over that Corbyn interview.

How so? What consequences do they face?

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Necrothatcher posted:

Lawyers on twitter saying this is an open and shut libel case. Corbyn's team has the interview recorded showing he didn't say it. Possible front page apology needed. Perhaps even Osborne stepping down depending on the circumstance of how this happened.

That would be extremely cool.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Shock as tories avoid campaigning at all again

Pro click

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Jo Swinson and Boris Johnson losing their seats on the same night would be incredible.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Another Person posted:

we definitely do not need to build high rises. we just need to build......... actual homes

imagine that

I was under the impression that high rises were a perfectly good way to build a lot of homes quickly and cheaply, as long as you provide the services they need. Like if you build a hundred two-bedroom detached houses and every house has a garden and a parking space, that's all very well. But what often happens is a high-rise block of a hundred two-bedroom apartments get built, but no park to replace the garden, or parking spaces for the cars, and things like that mean the apartments get seen as lovely places to live.

I don't know poo poo about architecture, but it seems like three hundred people in individual housing units with individual heating, electricity and water provision has to be less efficient from an ecological standpoint that three hundred people sharing communal heating, water and electricity systems, too.

Gort fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Nov 23, 2019

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

I'll be interested to see what strategy Labour's new Department for Housing will pursue.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Necrothatcher posted:

I would just like a place to live and call my own.

I think this is the key. If it's a choice between:

1. Good homes but some people are homeless

2. Bad homes and nobody is homeless

Then I'm going to go with option 2. Obviously the best is "The best homes possible in the budget while ensuring nobody is homeless" but that's such an obvious statement it's kinda pointless to say it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

God dammit why didn't we buy a "register to vote" banner for SA and link it to gov.uk

It's too late now

What are you talking about? You can still register to vote for the next 27 hours.