Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

What's the goddamn downside to this?

How do we get Silicon Valley to do this? Throw the blood of a redneck onto Peter Theal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
BuzzFeed just dropped a bunch of Muller documents they got from a FOIA lawsuit.

It's...something, to be sure.

quote:

Manafort was pushing the conspiracy theory that Ukraine hacked the DNC as early as 2016

Michael Cohen "had to keep Trump out of the messaging related to Russia."

Manafort was advising the Trump campaign up until days before the election

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/jasonleopold/mueller-report-secret-memos-1?ref=bfnsplash

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

That Works posted:

"the president loves you"

:laffo:

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Donald Trump.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Internet Wizard posted:

I'd rather do 10 quizzes to find out how Basic I am than read a single NYT Opinion piece

Why We Still Need Decorum - Now More Than Ever
By Sean Hannity

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

gently caress THAT

Poor goddamn kid, I now feel sorry for him.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

if he came running into the political ring with a folding chair screaming "CLIMATE CHANGE" there's a not zero chance he'd get a youth vote if young people actually voted

If politics started to emulate pro wrestling, it would be a vast improvement.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Jeez, I guess I got a better education in high school then I realized.

My 10th grade history book was A People's History of the United States.

We also learned how the Kennedy assassination was a conspiracy, a guy named Smeadly Butler stopped the DuPoint and Rockefeller families from starting a military junta, and Reagan gutted the working class by going to war with the unions.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Hong Kong is starting to go full blown Mike Tyson.

Associated Press posted:

HONG KONG (AP) — A knife-wielding man slashed several people and bit off part of the ear of a pro-democracy politician in Hong Kong on Sunday, as riot police stormed several malls to thwart protesters who have been demanding government reforms for nearly five months.

The bloody attack erupted outside one of those shopping complexes, Cityplaza on Hong Kong Island. Local media said the attacker told his victims that Hong Kong belongs to China.

Television footage showed the man biting the ear of district councilor Andrew Chiu, who had tried to stop him from leaving after the stabbings. The attacker was then badly beaten up by a crowd after the attack, before police arrived. Five people were injured, two critically and two seriously, news reports said.

https://apnews.com/74137204c9d04da7b72bac4f53665a4c

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

:stare: Isn't this felony murder?

Khashoggi was a resident of Virginia, and they still have the death penalty.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Same.

Death penalties don't matter when you're that rich and white.

OK so he won't get the needle, but Jesus Christ you can't order the murder of a American permanent resident by a foreign power and not go to prison.

I don't give a gently caress what year it is!

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

holocaust bloopers posted:

Shout out to MetLife having a feral cat colony and being cool about it.

Cats probably save MetLife a lot of money on exterminators.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Here's something: Summer Zervos, who used to be on the Apprentice, said Trump sexually assaulted her. He called her a liar, so she sued him for libel.

Associated Press posted:

Lawyer: Trump's phone records back details of woman's sex assault claim
By JENNIFER PELTZ Associated Press
November 5, 2019 — 5:10am

NEW YORK — President Donald Trump's cell phone records show a call to a former "Apprentice" contestant on a day when she says he subjected her to unwanted kissing and groping, according to a court filing.

Records filed in Summer Zervos' defamation suit and obtained Monday by The Associated Press indicate that Zervos got a call from Trump's phone on a day in December 2007, when she says he rang to invite her to dinner. She says she went hoping for career advice and ended up being sexually assaulted.

The records also show a call to Zervos from Trump's phone the next afternoon and calls from her to his phone in the following months. Her lawyers say the phone calls support that she's telling the truth.

Trump lawyer Marc Kasowitz said Monday that Zervos' claims "are entirely meritless and not corroborated by any documents."

Zervos, a California restaurateur, was on the Trump-hosted reality show "The Apprentice" in 2006. She says she later contacted him in hopes of furthering her career.

Zervos says the then-businessman made unwanted advances twice in December 2007: once in his Trump Tower office in New York, and later at the Beverly Hills Hotel in California.

She was among more than a dozen women who came forward during his 2016 presidential campaign to accuse him of sexual assault or sexual harassment over the years.

Trump called them "liars" trying to harm him with "100 percent fabricated" stories. He also issued a statement denying Zervos' allegations and retweeted a message calling them "a hoax."

Both Trump and Zervos are Republicans.

Zervos sued Trump for defamation, saying he damaged her reputation by calling her a liar.

The phone records show "that numerous specific details that Ms. Zervos has provided about those interactions are true," Zervos attorney Mariann Wang wrote in a previously redacted portion of an Oct. 24 court filing. At the time, Trump's lawyers were objecting to public disclosure of the phone records, but they have since dropped their opposition.

The phone records are for a now-defunct Trump cellphone number that leaked during the campaign; he later invited people to call it for a campaign message.

The phone records show a call to Zervos from Los Angeles on Dec. 21, 2007, when Trump's calendar shows he was due to fly there and head to the Beverly Hills Hotel.

A call to Zervos from Beverly Hills followed the next afternoon, a day when Zervos has said she and Trump briefly met at his Los Angeles-area golf course. His calendar records , which emerged previously in the lawsuit, show he was scheduled to be there.

The phone records also show two calls from Zervos to Trump's phone on Dec. 26, 2007. Zervos has said she'd gotten what she considered a low-salary job offer from the golf club and told Trump she felt she "was being penalized for not sleeping with him."

The records show two more calls from Zervos in January and February 2008. She has said she had "a subsequent conversation about a job" with Trump and was told to stop using his private number, but she hasn't specified when.

Zervos is seeking a retraction, an apology and damages.

Trump's lawyers have said his statements were opinions and he had a free-speech right to express them. His attorneys have tried to get the case dismissed, or at least delayed until he's no longer in office.

The two sides agreed Friday to a Jan. 31 deadline for the president to undergo a deposition, a legal term for sworn questioning conducted out of court.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

hobbesmaster posted:

Hey the Mexican American war was probably the “easiest” war the US ever fought! Surely that will happen the same way again!

And the training and experience soldiers gain will cause the Second American Civil War!

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

pantslesswithwolves posted:

The newest Worst Year Ever (by the same guy who does Behind the Bastards) is about Tulsi Gabbard and it’s basically just excoriating her for being a garbage person. Not at al surprised she’s charging $30 for a yard sign; just par for the course on her lovely grift.

Learning how she was raised in a cult was the least surprising part of that episode.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

McNally posted:

I was in the Mississippi Guard.

I'm sorry man, that had to be hell.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Fallom posted:

lmao the Democrat won the Governor's race in Kentucky and his Republican opponent immediately started shrieking about voter fraud and refuses to concede

Democrat wins: "MEXICAN CARAVAN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT VOTER FRAUD!!1!!"

Republican wins: "THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!"

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

A Bad Poster posted:

The modern Republican party's election strategy is "fake it 'til you make it".

Pretty sure Eric Trump has that tattooed above his dick in mistranslated Chinese.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

stealie72 posted:

Yeah, in my pie in the sky fantasy, there would be like 3x the number of teachers/coaches/aides/librarians/etc. I have no doubt that in reality land it would be more "hi teachers, guess what, you're work day is now 30% longer" and any attempts to increase funding and hire more teachers would be met at the polls with boomers saying no because "my property taxes are too high and those teachers barely work anyway."

"Property Taxes Are Too High" should be the motto of the GOP if they want to win back the suburbs.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Hey so the Saudi government had intelligence assets inside Twitter to get info about dissents.

NYTimes posted:

SAN FRANCISCO — Ali Alzabarah was an engineer who rose through the ranks at Twitter to a job that gave him access to personal information and account data of the social media service’s millions of users.

Ahmad Abouammo was a media partnerships manager at the company who could see the email addresses and phone numbers of Twitter accounts.

On Wednesday, the Justice Department accused the two men of using their positions and their access to Twitter’s internal systems to aid Saudi Arabia by obtaining information on American citizens and Saudi dissidents who opposed the policies of the kingdom and its leaders.

The two men, Mr. Alzabarah and Mr. Abouammo, were charged with acting as agents of a foreign power inside the United States, in the first complaint of its kind involving Saudis in the country. The case raised questions about the security of American technology companies already under scrutiny for spreading disinformation and influencing public opinion, showing that these firms can be penetrated from the inside as well.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/06/technology/twitter-saudi-arabia-spies.html

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Look you dumb cunts.

All I did was say those amazon ads were because they were hiring seasonally.

Some of you stupid fucks just love misinterpreting poo poo.

gently caress you all, give me a 72.

Especially gently caress you. I said they pay better and have decent benefits, I'm not sucking Bezos cock you trite bitch.

THAT SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING JEFF BEZOS WOULD SAY! GET 'IM!!

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
I wouldn't care about 'ok boomer' that much if boomers weren't going absolutely apeshit over it.

But after seeing all the butthurt complaining? Holy poo poo post 'ok boomer' on every Facebook page in the land.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Doc Hawkins posted:

wow that's crazy, iMessages automatically censors your password, see for yourself

gigant1c@ck

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

mlmp08 posted:

https://twitter.com/adamserwer/status/1193891733857284096?s=21

hosed up that so many kids get put in cages then.

Didn't King run guns to the IRA back in the 80s?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Davethulhu posted:

I served in the late 80s when the only military activity was the invasion of Panama. Still gonna grab me a free burger at Applebees.

Were you the guys who had to call in air support with a AT&T phone card because the radios weren't programmed correctly?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

LongDarkNight posted:

In a 5 - 4 decision written by Justice Kavanaugh...

...the Supreme Court ruled that bribing a public official is legal, so long as the bribe is reimbursement for Washington Nationals tickets.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

bird food bathtub posted:

I am so, so very happy they went with letting legal counsel do the questioning and told Republicans to go gently caress themselves with circus side-show antics. Not ping-ponging back and forth between 5 minute sound-bite fishing expeditions and Infowars talking point vomit gives me some hope in this process.

They're approaching this like a criminal trial, and the GOP is acting like it's a town hall debate or CPAC.

It's a beautiful thing to watch. :flashfap:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Guys when are we going to overthrow Angela Merkle

Right after we impeach Hillary Clinton.

SHE KNOWS WHAT SHE DID :chud:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Doc Hawkins posted:

apparently bolivia has a new president now

:stare:

But how will this impact the Biden investigation?! :freep:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

WOW. PLA is gonna make Tienanmen square look like a Chicago police traffic stop after this.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

FAUXTON posted:

the last thing anyone needs is someone's kid disappearing off a white house tour

"Why did you stab little Billy in the face fifty times?"

"He was a ISIS sleeper agent and THREATENED ME I HAD NO CHOICE I FEARED FOR MY LIFE!!!1!"

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

bird food bathtub posted:

Who is that? Never heard of him. Did he get our bigly president man coffee or something?

I think he was SecState for a few minutes, but I could be wrong.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Hearthealthyspread emails!

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Bored As gently caress posted:

Lmao he's throwing everyone under the bus.

The sooner the rest of these loving morons understand that Trump will drop them like a bad habit, the sooner they'll turn against him and testify against him.

It really is shaking out like a Mafia trial. Everyone stays loyal right up until they rat each other out.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Casimir Radon posted:

His rear end-belly goes down that far.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

KirbyKhan posted:

I think it's kinda funny that while Hunter is under the harshest scrutiny of his life, he's still being a trailer park player.

Did he piss for crystal meth or coke? I forget which.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Jesus H the teeth are the same

And here I thought Gulianni just had bad dentures

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Terrifying Effigies posted:

I didn't think the situation could get much worse for the NPS but somehow Trump finds a way. Diverting resources from the parks *and* making already overworked, underpaid rangers do poo poo they never signed up for.

Weren't they also looking to privatize the National Park Service? Next logical step is to contract the ranger jobs out to Blackwater.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Slim Pickens posted:

I pretty much got in because it looked cool in video games

My dumb rear end didn't believe in anything back then, I wore this to the recruiters office ffs

Why do you have a Josh Brolin t-shirt?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Milo and POTUS posted:

*ginsburg resigns*
Dems: In the interest of bipartisanship,

By a 61-39 vote, Amy Coney Barrett is confirmed as the next Justice of the Supreme Court.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Casimir Radon posted:

That Hitler quote isn't real.

Adolf Hitler posted:

I never said that, I said we need to invade the Soviet Union.