Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I just shove 4 or 5 titelist's up my rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

GLUV is here to disrupt the posting glove industry.

When you need to make a post just use our app and a pair of posting gloves will arrive at your doorstep within minutes!

How does it work?
When someone in your area isn't using their posting gloves they use GLUV to lease them out to you. We pay them a pittance (not nearly enough to cover their posting glove maintenance) and keep the vast majority of the money for ourselves while we do almost nothing in our silicon valley offices.

Download GLUV for free today on the App Store or Google Play.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
posting gloves are invaluable for getting past the bad gateways you find around here

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Good luck, OP, on becoming the Nathan Fielder of the posting gloves industry. I would happily buy a pair of posting gloves that don't downplay the Chinese government's crimes against humanity

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
The reverse goatman method?

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Your thread is rated 1 with lice and all of Chinese history and export is your mother's love. Regret becomes you

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
My posting gloves are ribbed for his pleasure

Pickwick High
Aug 4, 2019

They call me Nutse

Colonel Cancer posted:

My posting gloves are ribbed for his pleasure

I have ribbed gloves but I don't post with them

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
I'm a shawl man through and through. That means I lurk in the 90th percentile.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

You know what they say, no glove, no love.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
loving LOL @ Hatomachi. The Japanese have never created any gloves that weren't gimmicky, useless, or both. Hatomachi has always and will always be a texting glove company.

I was going to save it for a full review, but I'll tell you guys now: the Scythe brand Edgelord gloves + matching keyboard with real leather keys are some absolutely next level poo poo. I know Scythe is typically overpriced junk for edgy teens and yeah the skulls on every knuckle are tacky but I really think they've got something special here.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I never understand what is wrong with a simple pair of grey logitech office gloves. They work perfectly fine and cost half of what gamer branded gloves cost.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

pixaal posted:

I never understand what is wrong with a simple pair of grey logitech office gloves. They work perfectly fine and cost half of what gamer branded gloves cost.

Clearly someone hasn't had to deal with the shame of showing your face at a professional posting tournament with basic kit.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Ten years ago I would have agreed with you. Office gloves were designed for single core processors and dial up connections and simply don't keep up with today's posting. If you're a casual poster or doing clerical posting then yeah, sure, go for it.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
E: double post

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Would never have happened if you were using a set of America Pros friendo.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

You guys are wasting your money when you could be contributing to the slavery additional income of other posting glove owners with GLUV.

Download GLUV today on IOS or Android.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

autism ZX spectrum posted:

loving LOL @ Hatomachi. The Japanese have never created any gloves that weren't gimmicky, useless, or both. Hatomachi has always and will always be a texting glove company.

I was going to save it for a full review, but I'll tell you guys now: the Scythe brand Edgelord gloves + matching keyboard with real leather keys are some absolutely next level poo poo. I know Scythe is typically overpriced junk for edgy teens and yeah the skulls on every knuckle are tacky but I really think they've got something special here.

Look at this noob, everybody agrees that the the Katobusa Dextronix RXL5s were THE gloves of the 90s, a set of those bad boys today will cost you somewhere in the high four figures. True the big Japanese companies went all in on anime posting, which resulted in a couple of decades in the wilderness, but the Hatomachi America Pro range is a staggering return to form.

I understand your position, until the America Pros I, like everybody else, thought Hatomachi were basically a joke. It took a lot of convincing to trade in my trusty pair of Gronstadt-Muller Schnellposten Klassiks, but I'm drat glad I made the switch.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

raw posting ftw

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ratjaculation posted:

raw posting ftw

Oh sure, let's just post without a self regulating wrist support or tri-axis thumb stabilization.

And while we're at it why not throw our posting goggles away, it's not like a separated optic nerve is that serious an injury or anything.

Maybe if you're the kind of scrub who still counts in WPM instead of WPS.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

but 6,000WPM sounds so much more impressive than 100WPS

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pixaal posted:

but 6,000WPM sounds so much more impressive than 100WPS

The FIP uses WPS, this has literally been the case since the international posting laws were first codified.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

And famous streamer Jeff K has done research and any posting speed over 6,000WPM is just people gaming the count so there is no need for WPS. At that speed you are just typing and deleting words as you are making out the language center of the human brain. You can only think at 6,000WPM next you are going to tell me you hear better with gold cables and can see over 60FPS.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

jazzyhattrick posted:

The FIP uses WPS, this has literally been the case since the international posting laws were first codified.

He's probably a hard Brexiter who isn't aware that no-deal is going to lead to folks from his country not even being allowed to register in the top-tier forums because of their insistence on not following FIP standards.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I was scouted as a teenager while posting on the Auto Modellista forums on GameFAQs. I had the opportunity to sign with a few companies then, but I went with the money. I went with Declan's.

I think it's an important lesson for you young posters out there. You can chase the 6 figure income, you can chase the fame that comes with that lifestyle, but don't be surprised if the big labels kick you to the curb. If I could do it all over again, I would have chosen a smaller market brand and used that as an opportunity to help us both grow.

Some "leaders of industry" aren't in the industry for the right reasons. If you take away nothing else from this post, please remember that.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

You’re all obviously scrubs and amateurs, and fingerless make you look like computer hobos. I use exclusively full gloves from Miltons of Harpole brand that is still made of finest leather in England, as it used to be when they started in 1886 as typesetting gloves. No outsourcing to China for these bad boys. Sure, they might take a couple of weeks to adjust to your posting style, but afterwards they will last you for decades. A good tip for breaking them in is to immerse them in poo poo so they adapt to your posting style faster.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Good luck with your shitposting gloves business, OP.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

You’re all obviously scrubs and amateurs, and fingerless make you look like computer hobos. I use exclusively full gloves from Miltons of Harpole brand that is still made of finest leather in England, as it used to be when they started in 1886 as typesetting gloves. No outsourcing to China for these bad boys. Sure, they might take a couple of weeks to adjust to your posting style, but afterwards they will last you for decades. A good tip for breaking them in is to immerse them in poo poo so they adapt to your posting style faster.

I have a coworker with these, and the squeaking is horrific. Squeak squeak squeak as the leather rubs against more leather. ARGH!!! Don't bring this poo poo into the office. EVER. These things should be banned.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

plus the SMELL of the full finger leather
It's not like a golf glove where you can just peel it off at the end of the round and air it out/toss it in your bag.
You're looking at prolonged, heavy duty indoor usage here. I need airflow for these posts to roll on out of these money makers, not some stuffy sweat bag that smells like meat and old socks. I got enough of that issue as it stands currently.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

jazzyhattrick posted:

Oh sure, let's just post without a self regulating wrist support or tri-axis thumb stabilization.

And while we're at it why not throw our posting goggles away, it's not like a separated optic nerve is that serious an injury or anything.

Maybe if you're the kind of scrub who still counts in WPM instead of WPS.

hey man, don't come at me with your weird pro-posting glove superiority complex. I just couldn't get on with posting gloves, I tried them repeatedly on the insistence of the mods who we're worried about any unplanned punctuation, but it just doesn't feel as good as posting without them.

Sure my posts are shorter because I can't type for as long, its very sensitive on my fingers and there is always a big risk of unplanned punctuation, but its worth it to post the way god intended.

I have been looking at getting a prescription to the post control pill once it becomes available on the health service here though, so we'll see

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

jazzyhattrick posted:

Would never have happened if you were using a set of America Pros friendo.

jazzyhattrick posted:

Look at this noob, everybody agrees that the the Katobusa Dextronix RXL5s were THE gloves of the 90s, a set of those bad boys today will cost you somewhere in the high four figures. True the big Japanese companies went all in on anime posting, which resulted in a couple of decades in the wilderness, but the Hatomachi America Pro range is a staggering return to form.

I understand your position, until the America Pros I, like everybody else, thought Hatomachi were basically a joke. It took a lot of convincing to trade in my trusty pair of Gronstadt-Muller Schnellposten Klassiks, but I'm drat glad I made the switch.

Just because my gloves are too sensitive to make posting on the app feasible (and just because I don't have them dialed in yet) doesn't mean the Japanese junk is going through some renaissance. I mean, I'll give you that for some niche posting applications there's no beating the Japanese products. For all around posting gloves though? Get the gently caress out. Their sizing is all over the board, their approach to Fast Algorithmic Response Topology - optimized posting is loving bonkers backwards and years behind the domestic market.

So, I mean, I guess you're right. The America Pro range is a return to form - middling gloves 10 years behind the rest of the market.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Posting gloves are for scrubs. Just lmao if you're not wrapping your golden postmakers in tons of kinesiology tape like a real pro.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I have a posting joystick :smuggo:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Colonel Cancer posted:

I have a posting joystick :smuggo:

Gross, did you get it from Bad Popsicle by chance? Asking for a friend

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I've seen a certain Hatomachi executive banned from International Posting Conferences due to a combination of alcohol, late-night social functions, and bad choices. Obviously I can't say who it was, but if you "mustache" I'm sure you can figure it out.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I really moved away from the Posting wear when the orthotics industry moved in and then SlYKz started the uSB-warmer/LED light fashion trend.

Went back to leather-palmed, crochet-weaved fingerless and I've never been happier.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
There's a reason everyone's told to start with your basic leather + crochet posting gloves. They're tried and true and even though you may not post as quickly or decisively in them, they don't suffer the pitfalls either. I still use mine if I'm hung over or just pulling back a few beers on slow nights.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

pixaal posted:

Yeah, it's great! If you shitpost a lot it can get a little sore, definitely tell your friend to get some posting grease.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

pixaal posted:

Yeah, it's great! If you shitpost a lot it can get a little sore, definitely tell your friend to get some posting grease.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Hey posting glove owners, did you know you can make exactly 1/300th of what we collect for each post while you rent out your posting gloves if you are on vacation or actually doing your job instead of posting?

Download GLUV free today on IOS or Android.