Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
My wife never posts anymore (recreational only). Do you think I should get her new posting gloves for her birthday to rekindle that flame, or is she just moving on to a new phase and I should encourage her other hobbies? Does anyone make combination posting/knitting gloves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Posting raw dawg today, reckon. :clint:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Speleothing posted:

or is she just moving on to a new phase and I should encourage her other hobbies?
As hard as it is to watch your wife walk away from the life of a postswoman, this quote right here shows you to be a thoughtful and understanding husband

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Hey anyone sitting on the fence about posting gloves? I never used them but I wish I had. Once I was, well, never a top tier poster, but I could have carved out a sustainable niche you know? But then came injury after injury and the fingertip blisters. Look at me now! A nobody with puffy fingers. Take care of your hands, kids, you only get two.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
The only people I've ever heard of that were on the fence were phoneposters looking to move to keyboard full time or posters new to the game. After a week of serious posting you're either a rawposting extremist or you get some gloves. If you want to keep rawposting recreationally there are apparently exercises you can do and some moisturizers you can use. It might take a few months of intensive hand care for you to get back to baseline if you're too far gone though.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Phoneposting is for filthy casuals. If you aren't posting from a dedicated desktop posting rig then why are you even bothering?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I use my own artisanal font created by an artiste on fiverr when I'm posting on my hand-built posting rig.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
my posting rig is 100% american made, coal powered, gas mask on. made it for gaming but through God's Grace I discovered that posting is His Way. no games, posting only on this big rig. My 1br apartment has trouble with the coal smoke even if i Open the doors, and my girlfriend compains but I am doin this to show what fredom is about. God bless. Xi eats poo poo.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

my posting rig is 100% american made, coal powered, gas mask on. made it for gaming but through God's Grace I discovered that posting is His Way. no games, posting only on this big rig. My 1br apartment has trouble with the coal smoke even if i Open the doors, and my girlfriend compains but I am doin this to show what fredom is about. God bless. Xi eats poo poo.

This is the kind of dedication to posting that speaks for itself and quite frankly it's refreshing to see

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

I'm sure the community appreciates your solidarity, and really, this is a great time to move on. I'm sure you've seen what Tubarão is doing with implanted tactile feedback. I'm really excited about these new possibilities.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
had to give my son a 6er in the probation chair for throwing my gloves at the fridge, shattering one of the crystals

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Full vr headset with a pullstart rig I'm able to mount outdoors these days since I own a home and don't rent anymore.
I could get electric start but it fires up every time and frankly I like the tactile feel of getting it going.
It's a little tougher on the gloves but poo poo that's kinda why you wear them in the first place you know

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

immortalyawn posted:

I just shove 4 or 5 titelist's up my rear end

I thought it was Tit-liest

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

immortalyawn posted:

I just shove 4 or 5 titelist's up my rear end

We all love the classics, and if it works for you, it works for you! Not gonna tear you down for that, we all love seeing the older posters getting out there. That said, there's been some huge advancements in membrane sensors; I've seen 70-something retired dudes totally outpost 30-ish taint-sensor guys. Sometimes it's more technique than tech! But it helps to have both.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
My wife got me a nice set of Declan Postmaster P160000Ms for last Christmas. It's a nice mid-range setup, and has pretty smooth postfeel. They're a solid brand, politics aside.

But since my baby was recently born, I've just found it harder and harder to find time to get in my full posting rig setup on my PC. Consequently I've found myself phone-posting more often, just for the convenience. But it's just so awkward.

Anyone have any experience with an easy mobile device setup like in this picture? I'm considering getting it just to make phone-posting a little better.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

yeah I guess if you're a clown at the circus driving one of those little clown-posting cars and you trip and fall out of it and everyone laughs at you because they paid $2 to be there to laugh at idiot posting clowns with moron gloves those would be fine

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

HJE-Cobra posted:

My wife got me a nice set of Declan Postmaster P160000Ms for last Christmas. It's a nice mid-range setup, and has pretty smooth postfeel. They're a solid brand, politics aside.

But since my baby was recently born, I've just found it harder and harder to find time to get in my full posting rig setup on my PC. Consequently I've found myself phone-posting more often, just for the convenience. But it's just so awkward.

Anyone have any experience with an easy mobile device setup like in this picture? I'm considering getting it just to make phone-posting a little better.

Yeah, a lot of people struggle with this- glad you reached out! Can't recommend the Low-Slip Adaptapads enough, they work with your current setup after a driver update. You're probably going to be dealing with Dadsweat for at least a couple weeks, until you make up your mind on which family you want to keep.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The city of postopolis has unfairly declared that people who rent out their posting gloves must be fairly compensated and treated like human beings. We at GLUV will of course fight this attack on our business but for the time being GLUV users in postopolis will be unable to use the app.

Download GLUV on the app store or google play.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I am trying to place an order for one (1) pair of Declan’s Posting Gloves, but the page where I enter my credit card information appears to be in Russian?

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
There's a .pdf floating around but most of us have memorized where to put in our credit card numbers. I think second row down is your address (the first is your name), third is your CC number and the fourth column is the CCV. Personally I just pay for my gloves with Postcoin, which brings me to another point - electric posting rigs. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an environmentalist and doing some kind of bullshit ethical posting thing a lot of kids are talking about. I moved to full electric after the firetube baffles wore out for a sixth time this year on my coal rig. The new electric one is whisper quiet, hardly offgases any noxious fumes from the cooling system and when I'm not posting I've got GLUV brand gloves sideloaded with a postcoin miner that earn me postcoins.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Oh here we go with the 'full electric' posting bullshit.
Great, is it solar powered too?
I'll stick to the pull start and keep the performance. Thanks.

e: I mean once you get the compression ratio dialed up the things practically run themselves, it's not rocket science and I don't feel like I'm really going to gain anything by putting in some kind of whole new breaker panel just to keep pace with my current set up. Not worth it imo.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Posting gloves are really old school my dude. This the future. All posts are now made with speech to text while yelling suck my dick you gently caress man at a phone on a crowded bus.

Oh I missed my stop gently caress.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Big Beef City posted:

Oh here we go with the 'full electric' posting bullshit.
Great, is it solar powered too?
I'll stick to the pull start and keep the performance. Thanks.

e: I mean once you get the compression ratio dialed up the things practically run themselves, it's not rocket science and I don't feel like I'm really going to gain anything by putting in some kind of whole new breaker panel just to keep pace with my current set up. Not worth it imo.

Solar panels topping up two Prius battery packs in parallel :dukedoge:

This fuckin' rig is ready to post the microsecond I hit the switch, no warm up time and definitely not plagued by the peaky power issues coal has. All you coalposters loooove to post your peak performance ratings with a burner going at full bore but we all fuckin' know after about fifteen minutes of actual posting the power drops off unless you keep adding coal.

not to mention the cost savings from not having to buy Declan's soot cleaner anymore

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Saalkin posted:

Posting gloves are really old school my dude. This the future. All posts are now made with speech to text while yelling suck my dick you gently caress man at a phone on a crowded bus.

Oh I missed my stop gently caress.

So slow you can't get any real posting done, scream to text is just some dumb teen thing we did it too when we were your age and you act like you discovered it.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

pixaal posted:

So slow you can't get any real posting done, scream to text is just some dumb teen thing we did it too when we were your age and you act like you discovered it.

Yeah whatever boomer

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

A little note on GLUV (and an apology)

As you can tell, I've chosen money over morality more than a few times in my career. I felt fast tracked for success and I let that cloud some of my earlier decisions. One of those decisions was to support GLUV in their initial rollout. For $30,000 all I had to do was make a few quick posts on their official forums. I was told to talk about how easy it was to rent posting gloves, short-term, from people in your local area. The only catch was I had to actually use the service myself while making those posts.

Needless to say I am sorry I ever associated myself with GLUV. Until they do a better job vetting who their "local suppliers" are, I will never feel comfortable recommending their service. The man I received posting gloves from had absolutely no background check. He had no enforced hygiene standards.

It took three weeks and multiple types of creams to fight this rash. Never whore yourself out for money.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Did you think people called it DeGLUV just to be funny? There's horror stories about people losing hands from that service! Count yourself lucky at a rash.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I will be forwarding these posts to the GLUV legal department.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
I can't help but feel that the whole "deGluv" thing and the rashes are part of a concerted effort by other manufacturers to ruin GLUV's rep while they roll out their own rent-a-glove services. It's all too convenient that just after the IPO drops GLUV starts having craaaazy issues that weren't really heard of beforehand (no pun intended). I'm not trying to vouch for GLUV because I think glove rental services are bullshit, but it really seems like every other manufacturer is just buttmad they're not getting a piece of the pie.

It's not unheard of, remember the Chinese dissidents started getting mysterious rashes (and what later turned out to be leprosy) in a pretty see-through act of sabotage by the Chinese state apparatus? :tinfoil:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

your check is in the mail

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
You know, it’s the little things. I got into gloving back in the early days, you know, Pinkies, Johnson’s S3X Glove, poo poo like that, real fuckin old school. Wires and everything. Sure there was some lag but you could beat the poo poo outta those things and they’d come back for more. Not like the gloves today, all full of fancy poo poo but gently caress you if you drop em. gently caress, my old Pinkies? Fuckin Cheetos, strokin my dick, posting fuckin crazy in FYAD day in day out, no sweat. You get a drop of ball sweat on your 300 hundred dollar Declan’s? poo poo, you just got your yourself a real expensive cum sock my friend.

But anyways, I gotta tell ya. The other day? Get this. Went fuckin bare. Nothing. Skin on plastic. Sure, I know it’s risky, them keys get into all sorts of poo poo. But man it felt good. Like coming home you know?

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
lol look at grandpa still calling it "gloving"

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

autism ZX spectrum posted:

lol look at grandpa still calling it "gloving"

You wanna go post to post young man? I was poo poo posting when you was just a twitch in your daddy’s tiny peter.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
don't herniate a disc pullstarting your posting rig, gramps,

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
I glove you GBS.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Anyone else sick of seeing all these Youtube posters sponsoring GLUV in their videos? I understand some of these posters need to make a living, but it's still sad to see people I once respected sell out for a low-tier glove app.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

If there are any lawyers here who have experience in international copyright laws, please don't hesitate to PM me. I've been reaching out to a few firms but I would love to go in-house if at all possible. I don't trust others like I trust GBS.

I think I've landed on a name. Sweet's. Short and sweet (pun intended). I've also been in contact with a few well known posting charities. Once I get the details ironed out, I'd like for a certain percentage of every glove sale to go toward funding international posting initiatives. We will offer free technology, online forums posting classes, and Sweet's posting gloves to impoverished children in the Global South.
Posting is for everyone.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

If you get Martin Short on as a partner, you call it Short and Sweet's.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I appreciate the enthusiasm, you guys, but I'm not ready to sponsor anybody just yet. Until there are actual functional prototypes, there's no reason to PM me :)

Don't worry, when I'm ready to hit the market you can bet that a few of you will be financially compensated. No shilling, just posting. I've always felt that the best advertisement was an authentic Posting Voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
In an age of faked authenticity and Big Glove hiring millions of shills pretending to be real hardcore posters I'm curious to see how you'll make it work.