Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bluehay
Back in 2008, there was a game released called Wizard 101. I don't know who released it. I found the date, that's all the research I'm doing. I played it for a month many years ago. It's kind of fun, very easy, colorful, silly MMORPG gameplay based on cards. Almost certainly a money-grab due to the popularity of Harry Potter at the time. Dumb, but entertaining.

Anyway, that game still exists, and apparently people still play it, and some people stream it. Unfortunately, it seems to have become a haven for racism. I took time out of my busy night to try to find a few streamers who, at least, aren't blatantly and explicitly racist. Let's check some of them out!

Our first entry: HeliosOAC

This young man plays a Theurgist in the wizard world. Those are the healers, I think, they make trees or something. For a young clean-cut white kid, he seems to be a tad bit obsessed with early-2000s hiphop/R&B, and unironically calls everyone "dawg", but in a more charming way than you'd expect. He seems genuinely nice, and spends a lot of his time on stream chatting with strangers and complimenting them. A nerd dressed in cool kid's clothing, certainly. He's verging on the edge of cultural appropriation, but his charm and sense of genuine niceness lets him get away with it.

Rating: 6/10 - He's cringey, but he's actually pretty entertaining. Cool light-up headphones.

Our second entry: Bradass Gamer

An imposing presence. He seems to be good at the game. I'm not sure though, because I don't really know much about the game. He likes to tell jokes on stream. They're terrible jokes, and sometimes he doesn't quite finish them, so they end up being non-sequitor statements that he laughs at. It's heartwarming. Not super entertaining as a game streamer, but one of the more wholesome Wizard 101 streamers you'll find. I don't know what kind of character he plays, there was a bunch of stuff happening on the screen.

Rating: 7/10 - A good ol' boy playing a good ol' game and telling good ol' jokes.

Numero 3: BIGFOOTJB

Stereotypical teenager. Makes a lot of dick jokes. Plays the necromancer class, whatever it's called, I think.

Rating: 1/10 - Awful. Also bad audio quality.

Next in line: Lilsoose2x

This was literally just some guy reading instagram and watching YouTube videos. Don't know why it was in the Wizard 101 category.

Rating: Disqualified - Not a video game.

Back to actual players: theawesomesauce

This was the only Wizard 101 streamer I came across who actually seems like he's really into the game. Dude is pretty intense. He talks a lot and he's upbeat, plus he seems pretty interactive with chat. If you're interested in watching someone actually seriously play the game and comment on it manically, this is probably a good bet. He plays a mage or something. But I guess they're all mages technically, so whatever.

Rating: 8/10 - Good streamer, if I wanted to watch people stream this game, I would follow this guy.

Finally: TaraDawnbreaker

Apparently she's one of the more popular Wizard 101 streamers. Good audio and video quality. Doesn't seem too interactive with chat, more like she's just got the webcam on while she plays. Cute cat ear headphones. I think she plays the fire wizard class.

Rating: 5/10 - Meh.

That concludes my skim through Wizard 101 streamers. Feel free to share some of your favorites! Or don't, because this game is stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU