Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Hihohe posted:

If he doesn't I'm willing to take over. Be warned, I'm a cruel and vain overseer.

i would vote for you

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe

Fuck you and the sun you live under

You better...:toughguy:

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
i could also take the (plump) helm sometime between christmas eve and new year's, since there will be some idle days. was a bit disappointed in myself for basically just making reasonable choices the entire way.

like, there is a decent chance that we're not at war with anyone. my plan is to cheese any neighbour off something seriously. raid the local elves, murder some humans, harass the nearby goblins, STEAL A NECROMANCER'S TOME

Nosfereefer

also, make infinite copies of said necromancer's tome and hand them to anybody who drops by. this will be fine and good

Hihohe

If I become overseer I will make an above ground Gulag where you farm potatoes and break rocks into blocks.

Dwarfs who refuse to make bucklers will be thrown in the gulag. Dwarfs who export said bucklers will be thrown in the gulag. That one guy who slurps when he drinks his ale will be thrown in the gulag. I dont particularly like that one dwarfs face so she will go to the gulag.

Nosfereefer

Hihohe posted:

If I become overseer I will make an above ground Gulag where you farm potatoes and break rocks into blocks.

Dwarfs who refuse to make bucklers will be thrown in the gulag. Dwarfs who export said bucklers will be thrown in the gulag. That one guy who slurps when he drinks his ale will be thrown in the gulag. I dont particularly like that one dwarfs face so she will go to the gulag.

tbh, that's basically how the dwarven justice system already is implemented. but instead of that particulary annoying slurpy dwarf, the closest baby is sentenced to a hammering

Angry Diplomat

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
growing potatoes and extracting rocks to turn into blocks? that's just farming, mining, and masonry. those are all good, honest, dwarven labours. you're not building a gulag, you're building an ordinary burrow

Nosfereefer

as long as you have a dungeon, an armed hammerer, and a handful of nobles, you'll have a constant arbitrary terror that would make both stalin and robespierre recoil in disgust. it's p great

Nosfereefer

"why did nobody make sterling silver swords as MANDATED?!?!"
"b.. but me lordship... it literally can't be done"
"SILENCE! i hereby sentence this dog to the pain of death! may armok have mercy on it's pitiful soul"

FreshCutFries

sorry y'all :(

if someone else wants to take up the year go ahead. i will return

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

FreshCutFries posted:

sorry y'all :(

if someone else wants to take up the year go ahead. i will return

as an observer i'd say no worries, dwarves live a long life

also merry christmas :)

FreshCutFries

Luvcow posted:

as an observer i'd say no worries, dwarves live a long life

also merry christmas :)

to you as well, luvcow

Stoner Sloth

bump!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Hihohe

Yeah if none of you pick this up I'm gonna on Sunday

Hihohe

God dammit...
wheres the most recent loving save...

Hihohe

Prepare yourself dwarven goons.

Hihohe

Alright. 4th of Granite, Year 553. Hihohe here as overseer in Cuddleboat.

You ever stop and look at the place you live and wonder," what the gently caress?"

we need a proper tavern. This is just a bunch of tables. Im making some dance halls and designating the place as a tavern

Hihohe

Using some of our copper to make some picks. Gonna get some of these layabouts some work with them. BEER IS FOR THOSE WHO BENEFIT THE FORT.

These other fuckers never gave us weapons. What are we supposed to do when the goblins come? Slap them?

No. were making some proper dwarven gear.

Helll yeaaaaah

Ushat made an earring.

Its pretty cool

We also need a really big place to put food. A larder for you lard asses.

Anyway I did some things this month and Im pretty confident in the choices i made. Im gonna rename 5 dwarfs this month so if you havent been dwarfed speak up.

Spaced God

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

i am ready to die horribly as a dwarf

tradjik

make me a dwarf please i love this game but im bad at it

ty heather papps u da bes

wearing a lampshade

Exactly 420 unread posts in this thread...

Hihohe

I'll do more DF after work tomorrow. Lemme know what your preference of dwarf is. We got lots of farmers that need naming...:downs:

tradjik

I'll be a farmer sure

ty heather papps u da bes

Nosfereefer

woo!

Twenty Four

has anyone made a cup?

google THIS

Also are we chomping on flour like weird cokeheads yet and have I give anybody a sexy and potentially fatal punishment sesh?

Nosfereefer

Twenty Four posted:

has anyone made a cup?

cups are borgoise decadence, and this fortress will be better without them. hihoheism-hoxhaism is eternal science!

Hihohe

3rd of Slate

Some Dwarves have Introduced themselves to me

Thats it , Im making some mugs! Everyone keeps complaining about how its disgusting when Stanky Urist dumps his poo poo covered beard into the ale when he drinks from it. Frankly, I agree with them.

But just this amount and we share them.

Just in case someone gets injured i decided to make a medical area

So far though im just sitting back relaxing and watching dwarfs go about their day. We have some dwarfs telling stories in the Tavern. Some kids are playing. Life is good.

RIVETING

Hihohe

Gonna add more dwarfs so say "dwarf me" if you want in. Also say if you have a preference of job.

Hihohe

Should put more by tomorrow. I was partying hard for new years and by hard I mean getting drunk in my underwear, alone, for all day.

FutonForensic

dwarf my rear end

nut

make more rock pot u know what i mean hehe

Hihohe

Well my game crashed after I did a lot of stuff so I'm a little miffed I'll start over tomorrow from where I saved.

Hihohe

22nd of Slate

Another introduction to a dwarf

I dont like all the workshops being scattered around. Im going to dissassemble some and make a place for the to go in the lower levels.

All the food based workshops should go near the food stockpile. Kitchens Fisherys Butchershops. Its just more organized this way

Ive also assigned Tradjik to be the Tavern Keeper. THat dwarf know how to serve a nice beer.

Welp Thob finally was found dead. They said he was so depressed that he wouldnt even drink beer. So sad.

That reminds me. I dont think we have a place for the Dead to rest. Im designating this place as a small public crypt. Dwarfs should rest within the earth.

I get the feeling we are gonna need these in the future. A lot of them.

Facebook Aunt

wiggle wiggle

rip that guy

Hihohe

There are numerous guys who look like they are sadding themselves to death.

Spaced God

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Depression spiral already?

Hihohe

Nah just the newer depression slump that still hasnt been patch out. Dwarfs will keep remembering one bad thing that they saw and it will cycle over and over till they drop.

google THIS

Hihohe posted:

Nah just the newer depression slump that still hasnt been patch out. Dwarfs will keep remembering one bad thing that they saw and it will cycle over and over till they drop.

Frightening realism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer

Hihohe posted:

:iit: