Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

So what? You can't prove I posted that.
Yeah! I didn't get a chance to join in on the previous Kenshi LP, so I'm all up for robots!

Set me up as a female identifying skeleton named Nark0, just to anger those Holy Nation fools. Hand her a sabre or a heavy weapon so I can take up a frontline position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

Early victories, yeah!

If anything, a few of the pictures in the marshes are a tad hard to see, but that's just how the place is.

Addamere posted:

What others have done with this sort of thing is use italics for one or the other; e.g., use plaintext for stuff in the base game and italics for player commentary or inserted dialog.

Yep, this tends to work pretty well.

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

Kenshi's just one of those games with so many mechanics that it really benefits from a good discussion of them. I've never actually played the thing, only seen a lot of it, so hearing the mechanics helps to figure out what's going on underneath the story. It's kind of like Dwarf Fortress in that regard, though few things are as complex as that game.

Needless to say, I'm enjoying the mechanical breakdowns as well!

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

The game really was out for blood right then, wasn't it? Man, Kenshi just loves its gigantic battles. Great job on getting out of that mess alive, that looked like quite the close call there. It's a shame the team didn't get much out of it aside from a few trophies.

Also, the robochef is a perfect addition to the team. I wasn't expecting to see such an unusual recruit be generated, though I suppose I should've figured it would've been something odd like that. This is Kenshi we're talking about after all.

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

Alright, Nark0 is in to kick some Holy Nation tail! Glad to know that I'll be coming with some decent starting stats (from being Burn).

...I'll probably need some pants though. Doesn't look like I've got any.