Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Some additional context - I work for a Land Trust that historically hasn't allowed bikes of any kind on our preserves (trail damage, impact to T&E species, conflict with hikers, etc). We are exploring/testing allowing MTB at a few places and I can GUARANTEE you that if e-Bikes show up and start flying around our leadership will shut the whole experiment down immediately.

Please obey the rules. Not just for today, but for decades to come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

mAlfunkti0n posted:

I ended up deciding to try the Canon Grail AL 7. My wife loves her Canyon bike as does my friend that has one of their MTB rides. I would love to try their CF grail, however, the requirement to run their bars does concern me a bit (I dislike lock in). 30 days to make sure I like it, so I feel good about that.

FWIW my wife has a Grail AL 6 and it's been flawless. Great bikes!

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Crosspost from the general bikes thread...

amenenema posted:

Is anyone doing a titanium gravel/allroad frame with racier geo that's etap only? Only thing I can find is either a Ribble prototype or going custom. Thanks in advance!

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

OUTSTANDING!

Crosspost from the main bike thread:

amenenema posted:

New gravel rig.

eTap XPLR is great. Waxed chains are great. Varia radar is great. Bikes are great.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Your bike rules and also that's the longest headtube I've ever seen. Are you super tall or is that just the geo of that frame??

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

e.pilot posted:

and got new bars, 40cm Zipp SL70 XPLR

Me too - they're great!!

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

40 or 45mm Continental TerraSpeeds

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

numberoneposter posted:

doing a big gravel on monday

gonna make use of that 1:1 gear ratio

*eating popcorn and waiting*

;D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Recommend me a wheelset! Some context:

- Looking to keep it under ~$1500
- Will be running 40-45c tires most of the time
- May occasionally throw some 32c tires on for road, so I'd like to avoid hookless if possible, but not a total deal breaker since I wouldn't be pushing spec trying to get like 25s on them
- Open to Chinese carbon if it seems like I can get replacement parts/warranty
- I'm in Michigan so the gravel here is really mild in terms of surface but the hills are short/punchy so I'm thinking lighter weight might beat out aero, but I'd still like something in the 45mm depth range if it doesn't raise the weight significantly

Thanks for any thoughts!