Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Don't eat Romaine. It's tainted. Again.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/food/2019/11/22/romaine-lettuce-safety-alert-e-coli-outbreak-expanded/4274292002/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Good thing a salad is nowhere on my table today.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Good mushroom or other gravy recipes I can make that don't require the meat juices? I really don't want powdered gravy at my family's dinner this year.

I made a batch of kenji's vegan stock this morning for this purpose: https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/02/hearty-vegetable-stock-vegan-recipe.html

Haven't tried it yet but it smells really good, at least for vegan food

Sehkmet
Oct 22, 2004
All I want is a kind word, a warm bed, and UNLIMITED POWER.
Thanksgiving dinner is my husband and I going to our in-laws' country club for dinner because a) the entire family is fractured as poo poo since Grandma died this year, b) mom-in law can't cook for poo poo and c) I'm not cooking for a bunch of loving ingrates ever again after my Easter frustrations.
Also I'm Canadian and this is the wrong Thanksgiving. :colbert: :canada:

Can we talk about Christmas baking projects or is it too early?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Do it!

Sehkmet
Oct 22, 2004
So I have this terminal brain disease where I overdo how much I bake at Christmas. The tradition in my family was 12 dozen of 12 types (for the 12 Days of Christmas). I don't make the 12 dozen, but I do make 12 types of cookies on the regular. Now that I have my own house with a kitchen I can move around in, I take on bigger challenges like, say... earlier this year I made croissants from scratch.

Anyway. I love Christmas baking. It's the best time of year for me. This year I am making:

Vanilla sugar cookie cut-outs decorated with coloured royal icing to look like cardinals.
Chocolate sugar cookie cut-outs decorated with coloured royal icing to look like snowflakes.
Marzipan (family recipe: pastry base, thin jam layer, almond flour cake in green and red, vanilla buttercream frosting atop).
Gingerbread cut-outs, possibly reindeer, lightly decorated with white royal icing.
Chocolate fudge (with and without nuts).
Meltaways - some people call them Mexican wedding cookies, but they're not quite the same.
Shortbread - I have a cute square pan with snowflake patterns on the bottom so I plan to make multiple batches in it.
Linzer cookies - probably traditional ones.
Lemon tassies (mini-tarts).
Dulce de leche thumbprints.
Cardamom walnut crescents.
Orange spritz cookies.

I've also made stollen and my own marzipan in the past, and while I liked it I'm the only one who does, so I don't do the effort anymore.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Still can’t decide if I wanna spatchcock whole or deep fry pieces

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Steve Yun posted:

Still can’t decide if I wanna spatchcock whole or deep fry pieces

Pieces. This way you can coat then first. Chicken-fried turkey? Buttermilk fried turkey?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Good mushroom or other gravy recipes I can make that don't require the meat juices? I really don't want powdered gravy at my family's dinner this year.

I made this last week and it turned out quite good: Mushroom Herb Gravy

To reheat it just warm it up on the stove top over low heat and stir often.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Can I use any old fried chicken recipe on turkey

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Steve Yun posted:

I don't see why not. The pieces might be unwieldy though.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Steve Yun posted:

Korean fry that poo poo

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Steve Yun posted:

You'll want to cut the meat up into chicken sized pieces. But then sure.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

IT HAS BEGUN.

Today was the first day of prep cooking, ableit a very light one. We just made the soup course (roasted butternut squash soup with curry ; it's loving boss paired with fresh gingerbread). But it's just a soup so it was mostly an afternoon of me and my mom chopping onions or whatever and drinking.

Tomorrow is nothing cause my sister's having a baby.

Tuesday is me making god knows how many pies. My instructions are basically just "keep making pies until you drop or run out of ingredients, whichever comes second."

Wednesday is the big prep day with the veggie gravy (person who wanted a recipe I can post it, but it's kind of a bitch even if it's worth it so I didn't say anything), doing most of the prep for Kenji's green bean casserole, the horseradish creme, and most of the sides.

Then finally Thursday I'm in charge of a beef tenderloin that roasting most of the day. And also drinking lots of wine. At some point my other sister and her girlfriend with saunter in. (First sister will be quietly at home dealing with baby ; we already cooked her and her husband a week's worth of food.) Also blackened brussel sprouts, my own take on stuffing waffles, gingerbread and a salad with walnuts and a maple vinaigrette. Did I mention the wine? There will be wine.

So all in all pretty chill for a Thanksgiving. I'm off work most of this week and the work I have is just like skype calls and poo poo, so it's basically 4 days of chopping, roasting and day drinking.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Any good guides on deep frying a turkey?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Friendsgiving down, now onto Thanksgiving with the family. I ran out of counter space so the breads and butters were on the table and I didn't get a picture. We had 3 different butters, 3 or 4 different breads, and a cheese plate.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Looks wonderful!

This probably isn't the exact thread for it but whatever; how do most of you schedule and keep track of making an entire meal for a big group like this? I've only done it once before and the anxiety was real.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

When I first started doing more complex dinners I would use a white board or big piece of cardboard taped to the kitchen wall to plan out each dish, listing ingredients, basic steps and timing. Having a tangible list to refresh your memory is super helpful.

So is building in extra time in case you gently caress up a dish or something is taking longer than normal to cook.

Also also doing a practice run of things you haven't made before or don't feel confident about.

Also also also doing as much in advance as possible. I have 2/3 of friendsgiving prepped in the fridge already.

Edit: for example, I was building a veg wellington in my head last week.

I took time to read through a couple recipes online to get an idea of how others made one, especially timing for the bake.

Did a practice run last night and it was like 90% there. I found out I needed another egg in the stuffing for a bit more structure, as well as that the puff pastry needs a lot longer than I estimated in my head.

Tonight or tomorrow I can get the final filling done and get the puff pastry ready. Thursday should be a breeze cuz it's fresh in my mind what worked and what needs adjustment.

Casu Marzu fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Nov 26, 2019

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Post-it notes are great. Thursday morning I like to identify all the serving dishes with a post-it that says what's going into it. If you have the space to lay them all out ahead of time, it works as a visual checklist you can work through. Also works for pots, pans, etc.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I literally do like a "T minus" list for everything. Meat comes out and rests at T-10, that means it has to go in at T-120, that means I need to have it prepped by T-125, so start by T-130, etc.

I do a separate one for each item, then combine them all into a master list, paying attention to how they fit together, which items can hold best, what I can do while something else is in the oven, etc. Build in extra time.

This list can/should be specific even down to what pot you're using, because you don't want to use your biggest pot for a medium thing when you really need it for a bigger thing. And do it in advance in case you discover you need another mixing bowl or something.

10000% yes to prepping as much as possible in advance. Think about this even while you're planning the menu. And keep the menu fairly simple -- you can do one or two complicated things on the day, but everything else should be either done in advance or else very straightforward. Mashed potatoes are great, today is not the day to gently caress with duchesse if you already have a lot of other stuff going on.

Have something in mind that volunteers can help with, because unless your guests are assholes, you'll get a lot of offers. Something like peeling apples or potatoes is great, because if it happens then great, but if they don't all get done, it's still fine to have mashed potatoes or apple pie with peel.

Remember you also need to be presentable (build in time for showering, dressing, hair & makeup) and that your guests want to hang out with you. Making stuff in advance will help with this more than anything else.

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 26, 2019

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil

Anne Whateley posted:

I literally do like a "T minus" list for everything. Meat comes out and rests at T-10, that means it has to go in at T-120, that means I need to have it prepped by T-125, so start by T-130, etc.

I do a separate one for each item, then combine them all into a master list, paying attention to how they fit together, which items can hold best, what I can do while something else is in the oven, etc. Build in extra time.

This list can/should be specific even down to what pot you're using, because you don't want to use your biggest pot for a medium thing when you really need it for a bigger thing. And do it in advance in case you discover you need another mixing bowl or something.

10000% yes to prepping as much as possible in advance. Think about this even while you're planning the menu. And keep the menu fairly simple -- you can do one or two complicated things on the day, but everything else should be either done in advance or else very straightforward. Mashed potatoes are great, today is not the day to gently caress with duchesse if you already have a lot of other stuff going on.

Have something in mind that volunteers can help with, because unless your guests are assholes, you'll get a lot of offers. Something like peeling apples or potatoes is great, because if it happens then great, but if they don't all get done, it's still fine to have mashed potatoes or apple pie with peel.

Remember you also need to be presentable (build in time for showering, dressing, hair & makeup) and that your guests want to hang out with you. Making stuff in advance will help with this more than anything else.

Thanksgivings the only holiday where I also do this, a big timetable of when everything has to go in, be done etc. It's the only way to have everything hot at the same time. And then I drink.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Everyone has posted excellent points about how to think through prep for big dinner and I endorse all of them. I will just add one other thing that helps a lot : booze. Yes, I am being flip, but also, seriously, no, every once in a while have a glass of wine or a break or whatever and stare at your lists and just chill.

Unconnected but I'm in what I'm calling A-Pie-colypse Now and I just realized people used all the butter I'd carefully set aside, so now I'm sitting here waiting for frozen butter to thaw enough to be turned into pie dough ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Please thaw, butter. I need to babysit my nephew in a bit and I don't want to make pie dough while watching a toddler.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

You can warm cold butter, refrigerated pie crusts and things of that nature perfectly to room temp in a microwave if to turn the power down to 2-3 (20-30% power) and check it every 20-30 sec. Expect it to take up to a few minutes for a lot of butter but it's actually foolproof as long as you don't wander off and let it go too far. Usually to do this you dial in the cook time, then press power level followed by 2 or 3 and start.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

poverty goat posted:

You can warm cold butter, refrigerated pie crusts and things of that nature perfectly to room temp in a microwave if to turn the power down to 2-3 (20-30% power) and check it every 20-30 sec. Expect it to take up to a few minutes for a lot of butter but it's actually foolproof as long as you don't wander off and let it go too far. Usually to do this you dial in the cook time, then press power level followed by 2 or 3 and start.

I know, but there isn't a microwave.

I just put the butter vaguely nearish the fireplace and waited. Of course now the pie dough is refrigerating. Why I agreed to make 4 god drat pies is beyond me.

Thanks though!

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Is there a reason we waste so much time trying to figure out how to cook a whole turkey instead of cooking it in pieces? So many articles on brining and injecting when you can just like cook the white and dark meat separately.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

I tend to par cook or completely finish most food before big events and leave myself a note for how much time it needs to finish in the oven, on the stove, or just time on the counter to come to temp. Then look at stuff that needs to be done in the moment like the turkey or ham themselves. Pretty much look at what time you want to eat, what you need to get the main piece of the dish done, and start working backwards from there. Start prioritizing what needs to be served hot versus what can be finished and then sit for 20-30 minutes while you rotate the space. At that point just divide your oven into 2-4 zones and your burners and start assigning things. At this point you pretty much have a schedule present itself to you.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

al-azad posted:

Is there a reason we waste so much time trying to figure out how to cook a whole turkey instead of cooking it in pieces? So many articles on brining and injecting when you can just like cook the white and dark meat separately.

Norman Rockwell

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

al-azad posted:

Tradition, mostly. If I ever cook one myself I'm definitely spatchcocking or separately in parts.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I loving hate pies.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Making pies is great. And by pies i mean tarts, and by tarts I mean buying the crust pre-made and dumping a filling in.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Four pies from scratch while watching a toddler. At one point he grabbed the cleaver by just Spidermanning onto the counter and I had to talk him down.

It was a stressful couple hours.

I'll post a pic after I get a nice relaxing couple of drinks in me.

Xiahou Dun fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Nov 27, 2019

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Xiahou Dun posted:

Four pies from scratch while watching a toddler. At one point he grabbed the cleaver by just Spidermanning onto the counter and I had to talk him down.

It was a stressful couple hours.

I'll post a pic after I get a nice relaxing couple of drinks in me.

Adorable and terrifying.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Adorable and terrifying.

I make sure to keep everything dangerous way the hell out of his reach when I watch him, but little dude just got super powers the instant my back was turned for a split second and somehow got the cleaver I was using to chop pecans despite that being what should be way out of his reach. Those were probably the most terrifying moments of my entire life, explaining to a 2 year old that he needs to put the giant knife down. I eventually got him to give it up and no fingers were lost in the process but holy gently caress was that stressful.

When I have kids, we're doing delivery until I can trust them to not be a loving murder beast.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
I don't host Thanksgiving or Christmas often (apartment dweller with scattered family), but when I've done it I've tended to go overboard. It has always turned out well, but there's usually at least one last-minute stressor caused by me trying to fit in just one more killer side (or main -- a couple years ago I did the deep-fried sous vide porchetta). This year is a bit weird, since my parents' families have both finally completed their years-long process of fracturing into dysfunction on both sides. Meanwhile, my wife's family is observing a mourning period (Orthodox Christian tradition) due to my father-in-law's passing earlier this year. The short version is that there won't really be a big Thanksgiving this year on either side of our family, and my parents won't be around at all. Also, this is our kid's first Thanksgiving, so we still have to make the rounds as best we can.

So we had them over this weekend and had a Fakesgiving for 4. I forced myself to keep it simple. One main, three sides (one of which was store bought), everything stupidly easy:
Braised brisket in red wine, used up a leftover 3lb chunk of flat from the freezer. Forgot the carrots because baby. Reading about the toddler with the cleaver with foreboding and terror.
Chef John's brussels sprouts salad (I subbed maple syrup for the brown sugar, good call imo)
Roasted fingerling potatoes in brown butter infused with garlic, thyme, and sage
Butternut squash and apple dressing from Central Market

Easiest, lowest-stress holiday meal I've ever done. I may have saved the butter from the bottom of the potato serving bowl to slather on bread later. Chef's treat :ninja:

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
For the past I don't know how many years, Thanksgiving has always been my favourite holiday of the year. Whether it was back in Florida with the ex, and a few choice friends, or at my friend K----'s house up in CT with her parents, aunt and uncle and her baby brother, or in that first apartment we had in Brooklyn when our friends schleped out to goddamned Bushwick and shared dinner, or the apartment in Roosevelt Island where one of my friends (to this day) had his first vegan Thanksgiving, or the one time in Washington Heights where drat near everyone cancelled but friends from Baltimore were about an hour away so they showed up at 9 PM and chowed down on the spread, it's been a time when I'll really go for it with regards to cooking. Having cooked with/for some of you all, I'm sure you know that I go elaborate for a mid-week dinner if I have half a chance.

Once we got settled down around 2014~ish, we'd been doing Thanksgiving either at my best friend's house (helped her host her first vegan Thanksgiving as well, come to think of it), or at K----'s house in CT. In both situations, I was more or less co-hosting, because although those friends of mine /can/ cook, they don't do it with any semblance of speed or scale. A couple years back it was at my friend's house in Newark, because the best friend was having Thanksgiving with her husband's family, and K----- in CT was going through house renovations. Last year was at best friend's house, not knowing that it'd be our last one together. She moved to Texas.

Boyfriend stepped in like a couple months back. Basically said that his little sister was coming in from Boston, and had hated Thanksgiving all her life, because if it wasn't for the fact that there was nothing for her (she's vegetarian), it was conservative family. The whole family's had a rough loving year, and he wanted to make her a couple of nice dishes that she could enjoy on the day of, so that she didn't feel so left out. I volunteered to make something a little more ... elaborate. He went for it.

We've done the shopping. Where the actual cooking is going down is a bit up in the air as we figure out kitchen space and whatnot, but we'll figure it out. That said, he's way more nervous about this than I am. Why? I've done enough of these that I've figured out my most important take home message from all holiday cooking:

It's gonna be fine.

By the time dinner hits the table, everyone's already had a few glasses of wine, and hunger is the best seasoning. If the one thing doesn't turn out so hot, there's enough other stuff to graze on that it'll be OK. So the stuffing/dressing isn't /as/ firm as you'd liked it to have been. You're gonna drown it in gravy anyway. It's fine. So the mashed potatoes are a bit runny. Meh. More gravy. So the fiftieth side dish, and the fourth dessert didn't quite get finished? It's fine. By the time dessert rolls around, everyone's pretty damned stuffed anyway.

Honestly, the freaking out if everything is going to be just right is way more stressful than the actual cooking itself. Fortunately, the boyfriend (and his parents and sister, to be honest) trust me when it comes to food/cooking, so they're cool one way or the other.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Ok I’m kinda winging this turkey recipe. Tell me if this sounds alright or if I got any glaring mistakes:

- cut turkey into pieces, dry salt them under the skin for 24 hours, maybe with poultry herbs too

-pre-sear

- Sous vide darks at 149 for 24 hours (chef steps), lights at 140 for about 5 hours (Kenji)

- dump into cold water to stop cooking and cool down in preparation for frying

- pat dry, tie up pieces so that the skin doesn’t shrink too much

- Deep dry for about a minute or however long it takes to get crispy skin

- Rest, cut

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

That looks solid, though I did 131 for like 12 hours for the white meat.

Sehkmet
Oct 22, 2004

dino. posted:

For the past I don't know how many years, Thanksgiving has always been my favourite holiday of the year. Whether it was back in Florida with the ex, and a few choice friends, or at my friend K----'s house up in CT with her parents, aunt and uncle and her baby brother, or in that first apartment we had in Brooklyn when our friends schleped out to goddamned Bushwick and shared dinner, or the apartment in Roosevelt Island where one of my friends (to this day) had his first vegan Thanksgiving, or the one time in Washington Heights where drat near everyone cancelled but friends from Baltimore were about an hour away so they showed up at 9 PM and chowed down on the spread, it's been a time when I'll really go for it with regards to cooking. Having cooked with/for some of you all, I'm sure you know that I go elaborate for a mid-week dinner if I have half a chance.

Once we got settled down around 2014~ish, we'd been doing Thanksgiving either at my best friend's house (helped her host her first vegan Thanksgiving as well, come to think of it), or at K----'s house in CT. In both situations, I was more or less co-hosting, because although those friends of mine /can/ cook, they don't do it with any semblance of speed or scale. A couple years back it was at my friend's house in Newark, because the best friend was having Thanksgiving with her husband's family, and K----- in CT was going through house renovations. Last year was at best friend's house, not knowing that it'd be our last one together. She moved to Texas.

Boyfriend stepped in like a couple months back. Basically said that his little sister was coming in from Boston, and had hated Thanksgiving all her life, because if it wasn't for the fact that there was nothing for her (she's vegetarian), it was conservative family. The whole family's had a rough loving year, and he wanted to make her a couple of nice dishes that she could enjoy on the day of, so that she didn't feel so left out. I volunteered to make something a little more ... elaborate. He went for it.

We've done the shopping. Where the actual cooking is going down is a bit up in the air as we figure out kitchen space and whatnot, but we'll figure it out. That said, he's way more nervous about this than I am. Why? I've done enough of these that I've figured out my most important take home message from all holiday cooking:

It's gonna be fine.

By the time dinner hits the table, everyone's already had a few glasses of wine, and hunger is the best seasoning. If the one thing doesn't turn out so hot, there's enough other stuff to graze on that it'll be OK. So the stuffing/dressing isn't /as/ firm as you'd liked it to have been. You're gonna drown it in gravy anyway. It's fine. So the mashed potatoes are a bit runny. Meh. More gravy. So the fiftieth side dish, and the fourth dessert didn't quite get finished? It's fine. By the time dessert rolls around, everyone's pretty damned stuffed anyway.

Honestly, the freaking out if everything is going to be just right is way more stressful than the actual cooking itself. Fortunately, the boyfriend (and his parents and sister, to be honest) trust me when it comes to food/cooking, so they're cool one way or the other.

This is all so true, and beautifully said.

Of course, it totally does matter the company you're serving to: if it's people you care about, and they care about you, then they're never going to say anything and mean it. They won't judge you.

Unless you're my mother in law, who while she is a sweet woman she is also a goddamn negative woman in general.
Or my eight year old niece who - who ONLY eats vanilla ice cream with NOTHING on it ever - said my homemade vanilla bean ice cream was "gross". (Alton Brown's recipe is a goddamn revelation you little poo poo)

I'll just bake. It's a lot harder to talk poo poo through a mouthful of shortbread.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I've made like 100 pies this week and all of them had industrial pie crusts except the one I'm serving to my family on thanksgiving, which has an all butter crust from scratch because I'm not some kind of monster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer
We're doing Friendsgiving at the local pub this year and wanted to focus the menu on things that could be done ahead.

Mains:
Kenji Sous Vide Porchetta - https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/12/the-food-lab-deep-fried-sous-vide-36-hour-all-belly-porchetta.html
Chicken Fingers based on https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/07/the-food-lab-southern-fried-chicken-recipe.html

Sides:
Foodwishes Potatoes Romanoff - https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/276526/steakhouse-potatoes-romanoff/
Kenji Brussels Sprouts Gratin - https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/11/over-the-top-creamy-brussels-sprout-gratin-recipe.html
Kenji Green Bean Casserole - https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/11/homemade-green-bean-casserole-recipe.html
Turkey Gravy from homemade turkey stock - kinda this, but using all turkey stock rather than doctoring up a chicken stock - https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/11/the-best-turkey-gravy-recipe.html
Kenji Stuffing Rolls - https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/11/pull-apart-thanksgiving-stuffing-roll-bread-recipe.html

Desserts:
Bon Appetite Eggnog Tiramisu Trifle - https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/tiramisu-eggnog-trifle-108981
Bravetart Butternut/Pumpkin Pie - https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2017/11/bravetart-butternut-pumpkin-pie-recipe.html

Others are bringing salads and other sides and desserts. There will be a vegetable dish that isn't mostly heavy cream I hope.

Ginger Beer Belly fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Nov 27, 2019