Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Good mushroom or other gravy recipes I can make that don't require the meat juices? I really don't want powdered gravy at my family's dinner this year.

Also might try out that Brad/Claire pumpkin pie linked above.

Edit: What about leafy greens? Something with spinach or even better, arugula.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Nov 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Looks wonderful!

This probably isn't the exact thread for it but whatever; how do most of you schedule and keep track of making an entire meal for a big group like this? I've only done it once before and the anxiety was real.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

al-azad posted:

Is there a reason we waste so much time trying to figure out how to cook a whole turkey instead of cooking it in pieces? So many articles on brining and injecting when you can just like cook the white and dark meat separately.

Tradition, mostly. If I ever cook one myself I'm definitely spatchcocking or separately in parts.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

That dog looks sick of your poo poo and three days from retirement.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

poverty goat posted:

So far today:

• made collards
  • 1 hour argument with mom about collards
  • both boxes of phyllo I bought are hot garbage, sheets crumbling right out of the box, impossible to roll up anything in them, so the vegetable wellington is kaput and might become an ugly rear end pie

don't forget to drink and do drugs today to get through it

I had a hot chocolate with Rumple Minze this morning around 10:30, as suggested. It's never too early to start!*

*I forgot it was 100 proof so the last few sips were a trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I made Chef Steps brussel sprouts slaw but half broccoli. It was the only green food we had at the table. Lots of potatoes because it's the Midwest.

More of it got eaten than expected so that's a start.