Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

My knackered eyes first read that as 'David Beckham' which confused me. Ticktum though, :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

No way, Switzerland is France or Germany

You can have fun in France and Germany, in Switzerland you'd better be rich as poo poo or very lucky.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

Frond posted:

Despite starting really badly I’ve enjoyed this season since Austria. I’d honestly say it’s the best of the current Turbo era.

Totally agree. It's gone on too long, though. Interlagos had this strange vibe, like extra time in a footy match. I can scarcely believe there is one more.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

This reminds me a bit of a /r/f1 thread I read where some Americans got uppity about the word oriental; the writer was british where it commonly means 'of the orient', but like SA it's predominantly American so probably easier to think about what you type, rather than risk being called racist when you explain what a word means.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

Frond posted:

Can you like a sport but absolutely despise it’s fanbase? That is my relationship with Soccer.

See also: Indycar.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

Big Huski Boi posted:

If someone tells you a word is racist or offensive you should just say "thanks" instead of pulling out your dictionary, hth

They don't care, it's just internet flexing.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

Frond posted:

Their constant sniping at F1 grinds my gears.

I think it's more the slightly provincial attitudes, and the talking down of their own sport all the time.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

That was great. I still don't know what to make of Sainz, he's obviously pretty decent, but his teammate is equally hard to fathom.

Hope they go well next year.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

Big Huski Boi posted:

They're both good as hell

Alright, but midfield good or race-winning good? This was the first time I think Sainz really stood out this year. Not that being unspectacular is a bad thing - Prost made a career out of it, it does make them hard to gauge though.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Remember when they pronounced his name like this for some reason

Fettetel

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

Why are Autosport and other outlets suggesting Honda might not be around after 2020? That's a bit scary. This is about the fourth story I've read on these lines.

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/47938/verstappen-red-bull-form-won-t-convince-honda-to-stay-in-f1/

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

Poor Valteri. This is very dignified.
https://twitter.com/ValtteriBottas/status/1199999133773369348?s=20

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

I think I'll forever associate Yas Marina's turquoise run-off paint with that end-of-term feeling.

At least there's FE to keep me occupied for a while.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

Have we done Kvyat on Grosjean yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MTeFcgFEzo

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

I'm sure if Lauda were still alive he would tell Hamilton he's out of his loving mind even considering it.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

ilmucche posted:

I really enjoyed these bin children having fun

They have those weird quasi-chavvy accents that rich kids develop after years of poo poo from poorer kids.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

Rinkles posted:

Surprised this is something they'd share publicly.

Completely unsourced. I think that's a newsroom special.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

keevo posted:

#blessed

Doesn't he run Orlando's Gentlemen's Club?

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

That's the policy value I am guessing.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

Iannone has been getting ripped From Discover on Google https://us.motorsport.com/motogp/news/iannone-surprised-confident-suspension/4614285/

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

Theophany posted:

Can I VPN into Pittsburgh instead? I'm trying to reduce my carbon footprint.

You should just fly. We could do with the heat.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

Big Huski Boi posted:

If you could teach people not to be paralyzed with fear when the roads get slick that'd be great.

If the city would treat the roads it would be a lot less terrifying for them. Twice last year and once this year they did nothing. Those hills are no joke when they get some ice.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

So far I haven't seen a launch where I can confidently tell the difference to a '19 car. I'm looking forward to next year, just for the looks shakeup.

Ferrari's er, 'radical' downforce orientated solution made me :lol:, shouldn't that have always been a design criteria in this era?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

the kentucky quid posted:

I can’t actually remember whether raising or lowering the steering rack in relation to the hubs induces toe out so I would run that past the suspension guys before going straight to manufacturing

It's all Rebus. Williams is just him and Claire in a big factory. The race team comes out every couple of weeks from storage.