Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
Stroll driver of the day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

corn for tacos

flour for burritos and fajitas

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

you fellas want to start a real fight? what's the best hot sauce

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Immolat1on posted:

The key is to make sure your posts are good, quality is more important than quantity you see. I also had a several year period where I stopped reading these dead and gay forums for no particular reason.

I don't really see the point in posting 5 or 6 times a day about mostly irrelevant and zero effort stuff outside of like GBS but hey this thread has a schtick going and I enjoy the funny nicknames and occasional nugget of F1 wisdom :)

shut up bitch

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfkJ-4iU25A

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

i loving hate nerds

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Custard Undies posted:

Serious question.

Who do you guys give Rookie of the year to?

albon

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

lol if honda drop out just as they start winning races. typical honda tbh

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Khablam posted:

No, I am cursed by a deep analytical awareness of everything I observe.
I saw pure raw once-in-a-generation talent from Max, whilst the thread at large just went "hurr durr he ugly like frog heheh"

It took 3 years and change for the rest of the world to catch up.

This thead? They'll retconn always having thought Max was excellent by mid-2022.

Or, they wish they could, because I have every poster's anti-Max posting saved to throw in their/your dumb faces when it happens.

post the access file

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

OhsH posted:

Rhopunzul: "lance stroll driver of the day"

Got my vote, op.

:shobon:

i am stunned that i a) have 2 votes and b) have the same amount as track day bro

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Tagdoodle posted:

I am new to Formula One, this is my first season watching. Was Ricciardo (and the Renault team) supposed to be... good? He seemed like a perfectly good mid field racer, but everyone talks about him like its a big disappointment?

Ricciardo's a good driver, Renault are a poo poo team who can't decide whether they want to be in F1 or not. They threw a boatload of cash at him to drive for them and his career's suffered consequently

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Speaking of personality, I think Lando may have, in his rookie season, overtaken Dan (AU not RU) as the most likable driver

Lando's alright but something about him puts me off. It's like he tries too hard to be likable and hip and ~with the memes~ and it comes off as phoney.

Dan seems more like he's just that way naturally.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Frond posted:

2002 and 2004 are some of the worst seasons I’ve ever witnessed. They are like 1992 bad.

1992, 2002, 2004, 2011 and every year from 2014 onwards have been the worst.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

td4guy posted:

You forgot 2013.

2013 at least started out promisingly, it didn't get ridiculous until the halfway point

2011 is singlehandedly why I stopped bothering to watch qualifying

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

NtotheTC posted:

Alright chill out PETA he tickled it he didn't show it your posting history

lol

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Lance Stroll driver of the day

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Zeta Acosta posted:

In silly season time Mercedes WILL leave after 2020. Stroll backed Aston will buy the f1 operation. drat this is bleak.

drat what a hero. Stroll driver of the day.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Pale Ale posted:

Lance Stroll investor of the day.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Custard Undies posted:

Lance Stroll is never going to win an F1 drivers title!

In fact, :toxx: Ban me if he ever wins won!

your fucken dead kid

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Theophany posted:

Fernando could've been so much more if he'd just learned to shut the gently caress up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=084irEAQrLQ

learning to shut the gently caress up is an essential life skill and i'm amazed a 30 something two time world champion has got this far without learning it

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

*race where literally everyones tires bursts due to excessive heat and degradation*

FIA: hmm what if we made every race like this, what's the shittiest tire manufacturer we can think of that could pull such a thing off

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

the kentucky quid posted:

I’ve heard between £40-50k which realistically you’re gonna be better off making the same cash in a dealership doing book time instead of busting your rear end at 10pm on a Saturday in the middle of loving nowhere in some foreign country swapping out an engine and transmission.

It's like most creative industries, the demand to get in is extremely high so it's a poor choice if solely making money is your goal.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Custard Undies posted:

Hell yeah OP! Sign me up! :flashfap:

Also, McLaren ugly. Don't care if its fast!

All the cars will change designs from launch anyway once they hit the testing days.

They all just show last year's cars with new liveries. It's literally just a livery reveal. Outside of that there's little to no useful information that comes from these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

ilmucche posted:

This looks like a 1940s era propaganda poster.

:thejoke: