Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Neurolimal posted:

I'd like to point out that Plinkey said he'd have a spreadsheet by the next month; he's probed past that deadline for shitposting in the new goonbux thread, so I think it would be productive to wait for his probe to run out before setting fire to the thread, at the very least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

not shitposting, honest question: wasn't "next month" said in October?

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

grieving for Gandalf posted:

not shitposting, honest question: wasn't "next month" said in October?

Oct 17th:

Plinkey posted:

i talked to Jeff, next month I'll post a public spreadsheet

Looks like he got probed for 3 days on Nov 27th so if he was planning to follow through on this then it would have to be once he comes off probe tonight

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Fsmhunk posted:

I'm glad about the new fund. Anyone looking for help, that thread is the place to go. Should probably gas this one to avoid any confusion, since these request are often time sensitive and the new thread seems far more responsive at this point.

The new thread only covers the US, so they aren't covering the same ground.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

at the very least this thread should probably be closed because it's just going to be a battleground for slapfights from here on out

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Pingui posted:

The new thread only covers the US, so they aren't covering the same ground.

if someone has an urgent need posting there can still help bc it will spread awareness and individual donors might be able to work something out. but yeah the charity itself wouldn't be able to.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

vortmax posted:

You can eat the poo poo directly from my rear end in a top hat and then stop posting :frogout:

You're lucky not to be banned, I wouldn't be so aggro if I were you.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Goldmine imo

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Fsmhunk posted:

lmfao what a dweeb

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Fsmhunk posted:

get his rear end

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 98 days!
baba booey plinkeys spreadsheet

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
It would be great if everyone would calm the gently caress down a bit and stop sniping at each other.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Majorian posted:

It would be great if everyone would calm the gently caress down a bit and stop sniping at each other.

:synpa:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
I don't see why everyone's still arguing anyway, Plinkey posted the spreadsheet when he got off probation: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lh3ftkffMWScbM3v84m-EH1-xVAa1T0K/view?usp=share_link

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

i didnt realize the fund was that in the red

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Lol that won't convince them, they'll just say its fake

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights

CODChimera posted:

It's real, that's what's so crazy about it.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

redneck nazgul posted:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

redneck nazgul posted:

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

first time in years ive been surprised by disclosure like that. the annals are open for anyone who wants to see em:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Yes to money. Yes to arf. NOW

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

CODChimera posted:

lmao

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

redneck nazgul posted:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Vim Fuego posted:

I don't see why everyone's still arguing anyway, Plinkey posted the spreadsheet when he got off probation: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lh3ftkffMWScbM3v84m-EH1-xVAa1T0K/view?usp=share_link

this is fake no one can stretch their funds out like that

16-bit Butt-Head has issued a correction as of 08:30 on Dec 1, 2022

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan

NeatHeteroDude posted:

I don't think more posts poking fun or jabbing at Plinkey will help anyone, but I'm also not the boss of what people can or cannot say here.

Did you forget about the blue star next to your name or what? This is EXACTLY what you are ffs. The OP of this thread explicitly states what it’s about and how it works. All of these trolls that swoop in every few days just to stir the poo poo should be banned, or this thread should be closed. For over a month the mods and admins have just been content to try and let the “I’m just asking questions” brigade stop a good thing and it’s infuriating to watch.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Vim Fuego posted:

this spreadsheet is boring stuff but it rings true

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i think it's very disingenuous of the plinkey critics to frame his gambling as if he's embezzling the good fund when it's extremely obvious to anyone with even a small brain that he has to hide the money in gambling losses to stop from owing taxes on it. i dont want my donations going to drones instead of food for goons and i appreciate him shouldering the burden of keeping unkkkle sam's hands off the goon bucks.

that said i would like to see a little more oversight to make sure that if any of the goons getting help are overly fat he isn't just buying them more pizza. i do have serious concerns about his judgment in this area.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

it's actually good to have a tight scope on what your project is trying to accomplish and i think this thread did a perfectly good job of that.

dorks and nerds (liberals) across the world feel a deep need to turn every altruistic program into a charity with committees and fundraising and titles etc because their brains are so thoroughly broken by capitalism that even when they try to create a structure that alleviates the suffering caused by it, they can't help but replicate the structures that create the suffering in the first place. they have no other frame of reference to create a program.

literally every charity in the world has a board packed to the gills with people with "business experience" and focuses on fundraising and efficiency and oversight to make sure nobody gets one over on the charity. it costs huge amounts of time and resources and is absolutely completely insane. they just can't see it from any other perspective.

this never appeared to me to be a project that was aspiring to liberate people from capitalism, and it doesn't require oversight and a board and audits and fundraising drives and forms and papers etc. what's wrong with a simple straightforward agreement that lets one person hand out money to people who ask? why does it have to be a full on GOON PROJECT? who really cares if a bunch of people have a $5 auto patreon payment they've forgotten about and some sub-optimal percentage of funds is getting distributed, or the response time isn't immediate? why the push for the committee oversight on the take-a-penny-leave-a-penny tray?

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

jarofpiss posted:

it's actually good to have a tight scope on what your project is trying to accomplish and i think this thread did a perfectly good job of that.

dorks and nerds (liberals) across the world feel a deep need to turn every altruistic program into a charity with committees and fundraising and titles etc because their brains are so thoroughly broken by capitalism that even when they try to create a structure that alleviates the suffering caused by it, they can't help but replicate the structures that create the suffering in the first place. they have no other frame of reference to create a program.

literally every charity in the world has a board packed to the gills with people with "business experience" and focuses on fundraising and efficiency and oversight to make sure nobody gets one over on the charity. it costs huge amounts of time and resources and is absolutely completely insane. they just can't see it from any other perspective.

this never appeared to me to be a project that was aspiring to liberate people from capitalism, and it doesn't require oversight and a board and audits and fundraising drives and forms and papers etc. what's wrong with a simple straightforward agreement that lets one person hand out money to people who ask? why does it have to be a full on GOON PROJECT? who really cares if a bunch of people have a $5 auto patreon payment they've forgotten about and some sub-optimal percentage of funds is getting distributed, or the response time isn't immediate? why the push for the committee oversight on the take-a-penny-leave-a-penny tray?

So that the money donated is not stolen.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

because people think it would be funny to break it and be able to say "hey remember when a gambling addict stole $3000 a month from cspam? lol. lmao."

they don't actually give a gently caress about whether or not the money was stolen and the majority of them didn't bother helping with the now clearly reputable official 501c goon fund

nope, gotta make content

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

if u think its being stolen then just don't donate. seems pretty easy no?

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

it's not being stolen if it's being funded by no-strings-attached patreon subscriptions? are you the kind of person that hands a homeless person a sandwich instead of money because you're worried they'll spend it wrong?

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

CODChimera posted:

I should vote with my wallet? Thanks, my left wing friend. Anyway, I have been not donating to this fund for many years, so I put my money where my mouth is on this one.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

redneck nazgul posted:

because people think it would be funny to break it and be able to say "hey remember when a gambling addict stole $3000 a month from cspam? lol. lmao."

they don't actually give a gently caress about whether or not the money was stolen and the majority of them didn't bother helping with the now clearly reputable official 501c goon fund

nope, gotta make content

to be fair that is objectively funny and i also love content. i judge those people less than the lunatics that decided they needed to set up a 4 person committee to distribute their initial sub-$2k in donations by vote

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

jarofpiss posted:

it's not being stolen if it's being funded by no-strings-attached patreon subscriptions? are you the kind of person that hands a homeless person a sandwich instead of money because you're worried they'll spend it wrong?

Let me make sure I'm understanding what you're saying here. It doesn't matter what the thread OP does with the money because it's just a no strings attached patreon donation? Even if he's putting it straight into his personal bank account and not sending out a dime, he's not stealing it from your perspective?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

CODChimera posted:

You have the mind of a labrador.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

glenn thread r-word

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

redneck nazgul posted:

glenn thread r-word

the r stands for refugee :angel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

Let me make sure I'm understanding what you're saying here. It doesn't matter what the thread OP does with the money because it's just a no strings attached patreon donation? Even if he's putting it straight into his personal bank account and not sending out a dime, he's not stealing it from your perspective?

when i give someone money that asks for it i do not follow them around to make sure they spend it wisely. it's a waste of my time and resources and at the end of the day it's their problem not mine.

nobody should be subscribing to a collective pizza fund with any amount of money that matters to them. i and most people waste money on far far dumber things than this sort of patreon fund and the whole point of it is that if you subscribe to it you don't have to spend another second of your life thinking about that money? that's plinkey's job?

i donated for a while and then stopped because i wanted to cut back my patreon stuff and forgot about it. that's literally the only sane way to approach this sort of project?