Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

50s girl groupon posted:

Plinkey has literally saved my life by helping me with meds and food when I desperate and dying, and I will not stand for Plinkey slander.

The Goon Fund is a Good Thing and a lifeline for a lot of people who have been terrified and desperate, don’t come in here making GBS threads all over it. If you think you can run a better goon fund, by all loving means be the change you want to see in the world

:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

you are some of the stupidest motherfuckers that i have ever seen and under no circumstances should any of you be allowed to handle money

cool thanks

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

bebop esq posted:

I'm happy this fund has helped numerous people over the past few years.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

gently caress off

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

pentyne posted:

sorry, what about the UKMT's charity report is a problem?

why are you even posting here? if you actually care and want to help go post in the new thread about creating a transparent fund.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Azathoth posted:

My dude, operate a charity fund where you specifically treat anyone asking for accountability with sneering contempt. If you're not going to make even the barest minimum effort to not look shady as hell, you shouldn't be surprised when people assume the worst about you.

Either address the legitimate calls for reasonable transparency, something with another fund on this website operated the same way manages, and which a second fund (whose thread you decided to poo poo on this morning) is trying to do, or deal with people calling your character into question. Simple as.

plinky stoped posting in that thread after you laid down the law. I do not think the people who came into this thread today are arguing in good faith.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

1stGear posted:

It would be easier to accept the criticisms of Plinkey if some posters weren't breathlessly running back and forth from this thread to PYF to shout "MODS APPROVE OF SCAMMING GOONS C-SPAM ARE A BUNCH OF STUPID TANKIE RUBES PLINKEY IS DEFINITELY WASTING ALL THE MONEY ON GOLDBELLY"

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Schir posted:

it feels weird that plinkey posted this like an hour ago and then everyone keeps saying he's continuing to refuse to address the concerns people have about transparency

I think it might have gotten lost in all the yelling

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Azathoth posted:

It will be good and do a lot to address concerns when he does that. I hope he follows through with that and doesn't just not do it, like when he said he was gonna set up as a proper charity a couple years ago and then didn't do that.

He said he looked into it and it would take up a ton of time and money.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Azathoth posted:

He decided to go into the other fund's thread and poo poo it up. He then came into this thread and tried to use my post over there to evade answering a question here. I haven't seen anything but a promise that in a couple weeks he will do something, which is outweighed by his actions specifically today.

He stopped posting there after you told him to stop.
Pentyne is one of the people stirring up drama and not asking questions in good faith.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Lpzie posted:

lets free cumshitter for a day so he can clear all this up for us....

:hmmyes:

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Azathoth posted:

Here is what I know. Plinkey is acting exactly like someone guilty of skimming funds would act. That's it, that's all I know. I'm not going to run people out of this thread for pointing out the same. He looks and acts guilty as hell. Now, that isn't to say he's actually doing anything wrong, but right now he's a massive flashing warning red flag.

He's done a lot of good for the forums but doing some real good doesn't make him look better here. He needs to provide transparency, and he's been offered help to do that. If he is unwilling or unable to do that, well then he needs to deal with people saying he looks shady because no one's gonna start probing people for pointing out something that looks really, really bad.

To be clear, I don't think Plinkey is actually skimming, but when dealing with charity and other people's money, the appearance of impropriety is nearly as bad as impropriety itself and I cannot in good conscience turn a blind eye to that. Plinkey has a path to address reasonable concerns, and now he needs to follow through.

I guess there is no innocent till proven guilty in FORUMS COURT

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

it is time for the anti azathoth alliance to rise once again

Vim Fuego posted:

QCS & Azathoth

lmao

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I'm gonna be entirely honest, I've been holding off for a few weeks on asking for help from the fund for a second month in a row because of my own personal guilt about it, and then this poo poo goes and pops off and I see people's post histories being dug into or using people asking for help to take care of their pets as a cudgel and poo poo and making me doubly terrified of asking in here so i just send a stealth email off yesterday hoping to get it noticed but at this point it looks like it doesn't matter.

This fund has actively saved my life on several occasions. Plinkey has helped me and gone way above and beyond on several occasions since due to a troubled living situation and stuff I have frequent issues with getting my food stamps and the anonymity and expedience and all the related stuff makes it easy to get help without getting things gummed up while I work on my various appeals for getting my food stamps/disability/etc going. And seeing as there's a non zero chance of it all coming crashing down and one of my last few support structures crumbling in the face of this is absolutely cripplingly depressing. Especially when alternatives aren't off the ground, and are debating means testing and everything.

Even if it's just a little, it helps a ton, and seeing this is just absolutely crushing. I really don't know what I'd do without it.

capitalism had conditioned us to believe that asking for help is a moral failing. it’s not and gently caress anyone who tries to shame anyone for doing it.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

City Slicker posted:

you’ve misunderstood

the issue is that the person who controls the fund and receives all of the donations - before they are disbursed - has a history of gambling

that doesn’t mean he is stealing, but the fund currently has zero accountability so nobody knows whether he is or not

I understand some of the issues with having a single person be responsible for everything but “having a history of gambling” is so stupid loving poo poo to bring up. Nothing Plinky has ever posted has indicated that he can’t keep his personal finances separate from the goon funds. It doesn’t loving matter how he spends his own loving money.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

I got the tude now posted:

Reprehensible idea: i like good thing. now that it's increased in scope perhaps it's time to reevaluate the organization of said good thing.

ok that’s not how this started and you know it

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

multiple people came forward in qcs to say that asked for money when they needed it and didn't get a response, this is a failure full stop. it would be nice if it didn't happen again and the person who is responsible for letting these requests fall through the cracks at least had something to say about it.

there was one person who plinky apologized too.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

“Plinky is a degenerate gambler who is stealing all of the money and also he eats kittens and puppies for breakfast. He should be permabaned along with every other cspam poster”

“why won’t anyone respond to my good faith reasonable criticisms?”

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

pentyne posted:

weird, I wonder who started it

seriously you need to gently caress off

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

i hope you're not implying i've said this, b/c i believe the opposite!

i feel like i've done well separating my flames from my sincere posts. i'll admit i've undercut myself but this whole dustup is hard to wade into from any direction without catching a walloping.

yea I thought you were one of the rear end in a top hat QCS/ Drama thread posters

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

pentyne posted:

Is this your opinion as a mod of SA or simply as a poster?

why won’t you go post in the thread for the new fund?

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

i'm not seeing many rebuttals to the side that wants oversight other than "MAKE YOUR OWN GOON FUND THEN" which is a famously flawed argument.

plinky said he will be posting a spread sheet in the future

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

croup coughfield posted:

absolute dogshit probe. gently caress you jeff. dipshit

:qq:

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

you are without a doubt one of the dumbest people i have ever seen post on this forum

turn on your monitor

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

WrasslorMonkey posted:

I would buy ARF COINs

CRINGE COIN

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

pentyne posted:

weirdly, neither do you, because you have literally no proof of how the money is being used and that is being held up as a good thing about this fund

what proof would satisfy you?

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

pentyne posted:

any amount greater then "none"

as many people have said, a spread sheet is forthcoming. In the meantime why don’t you do anything else?

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

neongrey posted:

thank you for saving my cat's life she is healthy and cuddly

good kitty :3:

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Crime on a Dime posted:

what about after they followed up though

I think one of them Plinky admitted they fell through the cracks and apologized

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

you can easily go onto Patreon’s website to see their fee schedule.
https://support.patreon.com/hc/en-us/articles/204606125-My-earnings-fees-founding-creator-
It doesn’t look like they take more than 5% so idk where people are getting the 20% number from

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Fsmhunk posted:

This is a complete copy paste job and doesn't engage with my post at all. You could have posted this in response to any critical post in this thread and it would be just as (or just as not) relevant.

There was a total of one person who fell through the cracks that plinky apologized too. You are acting like people aren’t getting aid and that’s not the case. If you don’t like how transparent plinky is then just gently caress off to the other thread.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Fsmhunk posted:

No I'm not good, and I won't be until people in desperate need of finacial aid aren't at the mercy of a loving maniac and the gang of defiantly ignorant morons that populate this thread. For how outraged you all acted when people asked for even slight imrpovements, it sure does seem like you don't actually care at all. I'm sorry if as someone who has actually been in situations like this it pisses me off, but I said my peace and I'll leave you to it. I really hope I'm wrong about all of this.

you are a loving idiot and if you don’t want people to be “at the mercy of a loving manic” then go help the other thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Neurolimal posted:

I'd like to point out that Plinkey said he'd have a spreadsheet by the next month; he's probed past that deadline for shitposting in the new goonbux thread, so I think it would be productive to wait for his probe to run out before setting fire to the thread, at the very least.