Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Pohl posted:

I went through a period of time where I was really hungry, like had no food.
I was starving, I think I lost about 20 pounds in one month.

Being hungry is a really strange feeling, you know exactly what it is and you know exactly what to do about it.
But... maybe you don't go steal a bunch of poo poo to feed yourself because you aren't quite that desperate yet. I got lucky, I got some help, so i didn't have to go steal to keep myself alive.

Hunger is a burning motherfucker, it eats your soul and conscious because you know you are dying. gently caress that, give to the Goon Food Fund.
I'm not starving anymore and I can give back so I am. I also work at a homeless shelter. I'm doing my part to give back. Please help!!!!!!!!

I have been stealing. Goon fund ensured that I don't have to that for Thanksgiving. My kitties are fed and warm while I feast with my brother and our friends this Thanksgiving, all thanks to the Goon fund. Thanks so much guys. It's been a tough month!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Goon fund has now helped me several times over the last 2-3 months ... Even though I'm legally "totally and permanently disabled," my assistance has been on hold since October.

This has saved me multiple times, twice from spending holidays alone eating stolen food in an apartment with no heat. It also allowed me to get a Wal-Mart phone plan so I'd still have phone and Internet this month. So I'm more grateful than you can imagine.

I'm hoping my disability will be back for January so I can give back at least little. I can't help but feel like a jerk for getting so much help from people who don't even know me or my situation.

I can't imagine what I would have done without goons these past few months, thank you thank you thank you to all involved ...

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

thank you for this, but please do not feel obligated to send anything back just yet, get yourself stable first

one of my resolutions will be to brutally cull my spending to send more to helping comrades, and this will be one in addition to local food pantries. I recommend anybody else who has a couple bucks a month spare do the same.

Yeah, there's a great food pantry near where I live - I'm in Newark, Delaware and it's in Wilmington. In October I got like $100 worth of meat! It's too much to take on the bus, but I go whenever I can get a ride.

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

I promise you that if you get on a bus with like 20 pounds of meat while just singing the word "meat" over and over again, nobody will bother you about it

Lol yeah but I'm not worried about that, it's just too heavy and cumbersome for one person. They give you a bag of produce, a bag of breads, and 2-3 big heavy boxes of cans, jars, and frozen meats. Lots of sweets too! It's actually amazing.

The week you're allowed to attend goes by last name; I'm D so I can get food on the first Thursday of the month. I usually get a ride with someone else who's going.

If any Delawareans are reading and wanna get in on this, it's Greenbank Church of Christ. If it's your first time going, you can come on any Thursday. Everyone lines up around 530 and the doors open at 6. Bring ID and two pieces of proof that you receive assistance such as SSI/SSDI, Medicare/Medicaid, SNAP, etc. If you don't have any of that they might still let you in, so maybe give them a call.

timefly has issued a correction as of 20:36 on Dec 28, 2019

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

I'm not sure the geography of Delaware, a state I assume you can drive across in an hour, but you may want to poke Nichael to see if the Jess campaign wants to do something with this to help them help more people

maybe your next haul will have a bunch of unsold turkeys!

Oh yeah, Nichael's in Wilmington. The church is technically in Wilmington, about a 20 minute drive from downtown. Maybe I'll DM him about it!

They accept cash donations. Most of the perishables are stuff from grocery stores that would be thrown out otherwise. But they could use donations to buy more and higher quality non-perishables! Plus they always need more volunteers. For some reason you're not allowed to volunteer if you go there to get food.

Imma donate to goon fund as soon as it's feasible, LF and C-SPAM have been such a good influence on me, I owe a lot to goons! But of course I will take care of important stuff first. Unfortunately I'm being evicted and need to find another apartment that will accept my subsidized housing voucher by Jan 31st. But I'm sure I can give back a little if I finally get my SSI check again next month!

timefly has issued a correction as of 23:24 on Dec 28, 2019

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Well yay, goons! I'm getting my SSI/SSDI again! As sketchy as things got these past few months, goon fund made all the difference. Without it I'd have had to abruptly stop my meds, my cats would have eaten only stolen lunchmeat, and I would have spent Thanksgiving and Christmas alone without heat or phone/Internet. So yeah I'm gonna donate as soon as I can and goon fund is good.

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

E: Eh I don't know what is going on

timefly has issued a correction as of 18:26 on Jun 18, 2020

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Goon Fund has helped me a lot already I know, but things are still messy with my disability. I've been trying to make rent all month and haven't been able to pay any for this month or for what I owe. They're getting pretty upset and threatening to evict me now ...

The food pantry has been helping, but it'd be great if I could pay some of my rent ASAP. It's subsidized housing, so yeah... I don't have to give them the whole amount, just something. Sorry but I'm now desperate enough to ask one last time lol. FINAL time. The person causing issues for me will soon lose their control over all my money. Thanks for everything

I don't have PMs just email awfultimefly at Gmail

timefly has issued a correction as of 11:50 on Jul 26, 2021

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

If someone could send a PM for me, that would be great. My landlady is not happy with me lol.

I don't need all or even much of the whole $245 monthly rent. I just need to basically put up a token amount so she'll back off. I was evicted a year ago, don't want to go through that again :( I'm really sorry to be asking this but if there's any way anyone can do anything, I'd be so happy

timefly has issued a correction as of 20:13 on Jul 26, 2021

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

theflyingexecutive posted:

Plinkey doesn't need a PM, just an email at goonfund@stanknuts.com

Really? All his recent posts say to PM until further notice and that his email got messed up. But I'm not familiar with that one. I'm afraid to ask him directly though because I had to ask for help way too many times last year. I only ask again because I really can't wait any longer, I need to stop the eviction process and I've asked everyone I know already. Well, I put my email address in my earlier post, anyway.

timefly has issued a correction as of 20:41 on Jul 26, 2021

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

doingitwrong posted:

Is there a way to gift you platinum? Then you can PM.

I'm not sure how that works, I was hoping that anyone who could help me would email me, and I could tell them my PayPal/Venmo info. Kind of seems like a waste to buy platinum right now lol
Go ahead though either way 🙂 awfultimefly at Gmail
I'll try emailing that goon address in a little while if nothing else works I guess

timefly has issued a correction as of 21:33 on Jul 26, 2021

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Randabis posted:

Platinum and archives are some of the best investments I've made on this account/site. Just saying.

Archives is SO worth it. I bought it right after I joined so I could catch up on old threads lol

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Crusty Nutsack posted:

you now have plat, enjoy your PMs!

Wow, thanks so much you guys! I always meant to buy myself plat, but kept putting it off for ... over a decade now, omg lol

I messaged Plinkey. Appreciate y'all goons.

doingitwrong posted:

Check your email re Platinum. Then you can PM our gracious host.

I have plat now without having used the cert you sent, so you can hold onto it if you want. Much obliged!

Oh, and someone did help already by sending $50! My landlady said that if I find another $100 or so by Friday, she won't proceed with the eviction as long as I pay what I owe by the end of August. I'm pretty sure that'll be fine, so I'm trying! Thank you wonderful goon

timefly has issued a correction as of 05:23 on Jul 27, 2021

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

theflyingexecutive posted:

nope I'm real dumb sorry

LOL no problem. I didn't catch that at first either.

Also, my landlady says that if I can't make an adequate payment in time, and she has to give me an eviction notice, then she'll give back whatever I managed to scrape together this week. So I can return that if things don't work out. I owe several hundred right now, but she's only asking me to come up with "reasonably close to $100" more for this month.

She's says she's being extra lenient with this. She knows someone else still controls my money, so it's not like I blew off the rent to go on a shopping spree lol. But there are a lot of problem tenants here so I get why she has to be strict about not making exceptions.

Thanks Goons
Once all this is over, I'll only come back to contribute when I can ❤️

timefly has issued a correction as of 12:55 on Jul 27, 2021

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Ok I took care of it.
Thanks Goons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

E: nvm