Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
down for funding some goons intestinal problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Good job we can now feed one goon a trump hotel taco salad everyday forever!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
bert could never imagine helping someone and getting nothing back in return. Never made a point on the craps.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Everyone gets a stombo, you get a strombo, you get a stombo everyone have a strombo!

Good work people.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I only donate gambol profits to the fund if that helps. Also tips I receive as an erotic trump double.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
only need 6000 more 6969.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I will never stop trusting goon fund.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Siegkrow posted:

Sent a mail

Hey, would anyone mind relating the history of the goonbucks food fund?

In the beginning Plinkey said let there be Stromboli

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Plinkey posted:

serious post:

if anyone is a tax/lawyer person please email/pm me because this is going to become an issue soon.

I think technically this is income and your donations to individuals are not deductible. I would instead claim it is performance art and then you buying food for goons is an expense to that end.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Plinkey posted:

So, talked to my mom's husband and I need an attorney to set up a non profilte

so thaats where we're at

You can do this without a lawyer in 3 minutes. (In delaware)

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
There are two issues the main one being this is taxable income and you will get a k1 or some poo poo from paetron. The second issue is if you are going to be a not for profit and accept money you need to do it right because they don't want people scamming other people like Trump does and buying paintings with it. To be a not for profit you don't need to do poo poo with the IRS you just need to incorporate in your state or another state as one. It is just the contributions are not guaranteed to be tax deductible for the donors. It gets complicated as you accept money from many states and some require registration to do so. If you could find a local church or not for profit to run all this through it could solve some of plinkeys headaches. They might want a modest fee to do so. You could also show the activity on your tax return as some side business but I am not an expert on personal charities not of a legal entity type and IRS fuckaery. Either way you are aware of the issue(s) and it really does suck.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
If you want an online quickbooks account that links to your newly formed cat painting charity checking I can just have my account add it an pay the monthly fees. Use a real bank and all the ins and outs get posted straight to contributions and capitalized cat painting collection automagically!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Aerofallosov posted:

Tragically, I am still under 5 feet tall.

eat more stomboli

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
wtf I want a 13k stove two but I’m not going to ask people to starve so I can have it, well besides every person in the third world because we make 13k stoves instead of paying them fair prices for things

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

LazyDivey posted:

is PMing still the best way to ask for a little help? I'm dirt broke and while I get paid Friday my cousin (who is also broke) is trying to get some new seizure medication and I'm trying to help him out. I mean I can wait till payday but he's been having a seizure every day for the past several days

If you haven’t already most drug companies do a discount for anyone that can’t afford meds but it is never free. You need to call a phone number or something. Also Medicaid

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

I don't need goonbucks but do need information.
Is there a better thread to get answers?

Term life is insurance, whole life is an investment.

there is an insurance thread in BFC.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
As a professional not for profit expert, skip all the bullshit and start a church. No paperwork or taxes required. This is a serious post. You already get the beard.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
It got buried but you don't need to do anything to start a church and it solves the tax and legal problems because the supreme court has says churches can do anything just post a picture of jesus.

Also keep up the good work I don't know why people want poor goons to get evicted and go hungry.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So will posting about or asking money from this fund on the forum going to be an automatic perma?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

bongmaster posted:

i need money for weed

Seize the means of weed production friend. its seeds.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
why don’t you want the unvetted, unbonded, unpaid mods with no identification to have complete access to your financial records? seems suss

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

mawarannahr posted:

When’s Jeffrey of YOSPOS, who demands these changes, going to tell us where our money goes?

pay for the mods. lol lmfao.

please support goon fund so mods can eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Farm Frenzy posted:

oh so now its means tested

mean tested