Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Ok fine get off my back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Sorry, that was rude

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Lol at a liberal barging into the thread and demanding means testing

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

dude

Barnum Brown Shoes has issued a correction as of 03:09 on Feb 12, 2022

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Epic High Five posted:

Plinkey is right to be mad, he's had a whole mountain of poo poo piled on him and been dragged through the dirt across the forums with people making all kinds of made up claims that are then just accepted as true instead of as the baseless accusations they are. I was a day 1 supporter of the fund and have continued to support it to this very day, it's wild that the whole thing just got soft taken down by people "concerned" about "transparency" who are now talking themselves up to the unfortunate necessity of keeping all the personal info on recipients despite not even having something anybody can donate to yet.

Plinkey I'm sorry, this sucks but you did great work that apparently fewer people appreciated than I had thought. Once the ideas guys get bored of the idea of a new fund and move on or end up not agreeing on anything I hope this one still exists for anybody who needs it. Furious at myself at my step away from SA and modding coinciding with all this and I only found out from an already locked QCS thread.

No accusation against him has even been substantiated beyond the people making them not being punished, what questions are left to ask? New fund doesn't want anything to do with this one beyond its donor rolls, interference isn't even possible. I hope they're prepared for the standing committee or whatever to come under the microscope of bored QCS goons on a weekend and it turns out they're all probable embezzlers with drug problems.

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Azathoth posted:

My dude, operate a charity fund where you specifically treat anyone asking for accountability with sneering contempt. If you're not going to make even the barest minimum effort to not look shady as hell, you shouldn't be surprised when people assume the worst about you.

Either address the legitimate calls for reasonable transparency, something with another fund on this website operated the same way manages, and which a second fund (whose thread you decided to poo poo on this morning) is trying to do, or deal with people calling your character into question. Simple as.

They are not legitimate calls. Its liberal, hand wringing, nonsense.

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Azathoth posted:

It will be good and do a lot to address concerns when he does that. I hope he follows through with that and doesn't just not do it, like when he said he was gonna set up as a proper charity a couple years ago and then didn't do that.

Who cares you loving nerd

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Azathoth posted:

You can come down off the cross whenever you would like. Plinkey has a reasonable path forward and it's up to him to walk it.

Just gently caress-off liberal.

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Azathoth posted:

Here is what I know. Plinkey is acting exactly like someone guilty of skimming funds would act. That's it, that's all I know. I'm not going to run people out of this thread for pointing out the same. He looks and acts guilty as hell. Now, that isn't to say he's actually doing anything wrong, but right now he's a massive flashing warning red flag.

He's done a lot of good for the forums but doing some real good doesn't make him look better here. He needs to provide transparency, and he's been offered help to do that. If he is unwilling or unable to do that, well then he needs to deal with people saying he looks shady because no one's gonna start probing people for pointing out something that looks really, really bad.

To be clear, I don't think Plinkey is actually skimming, but when dealing with charity and other people's money, the appearance of impropriety is nearly as bad as impropriety itself and I cannot in good conscience turn a blind eye to that. Plinkey has a path to address reasonable concerns, and now he needs to follow through.

lol decorum bullshit

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Azathoth posted:

Okay, I'm done here. Plinkey knows what he needs to do. Now he needs to do it.

You need to loving resign

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Skyl3lazer posted:

People attacking this fund should be loving embarrassed, Az most of all. Absolutely disgusting people with forum posting grudges to try to shut down a fund helping real people in the real world. I don't for a second believe your fake as gently caress concern trolling, and nobody else should either.

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

pentyne posted:

then why are people bragging about how generous you are for paying taxes on it?

What is wrong with you

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Not sure if you should be posting in this forum anymore tbh

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

pentyne posted:

my bad, I thought smarxist was a trusted and important source of information about this subject

who apparently just made his explanation up from whole cloth while swearing he had first hand personal knowledge of plinkey

Ok, sorry, I meant "WHAT THE gently caress IS WRONG WITH YOU" but on a moral level.

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

you know, if we had any information on the numbers, we might be able to determine whether or not the loss of $300 will actually affect the fund's ability to help goons or not.

Who gives a gently caress

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

pentyne posted:

well I trusted someone posting in this thread i guess

what

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

pentyne posted:

well I trusted someone posting in this thread i guess

Neera Tanden rear end piece of poo poo

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

presumably many of the people who are donating give a gently caress, considering that there are already people unsubscribing? and also, considering that people have been asking for transparency since the thread's beginning, I think all those people care too. you should take a deep breath man

calm hitler bitch

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

okp

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

yes, that is awesome. :) i don't get why it has taken so long of this to happen, but hopefully he is planning to continuously update this spreadsheet for the community. i also think it would be great if he would consider cooperating with any of the goons who have offered assistance with getting this thing more organized.

We don't loving care

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Like, this isn't 2004. Your contrarian bullshit doesn't matter. In the parlance of the time, "gb2gbs."

edit: sorry I'm done

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

RealityWarCriminal posted:

stop posting here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Thoguh posted:

We gave a D&D mod a sticky, let them poo poo up a bunch of threads, and unstickied a very successful mutual aid project after the most transparent QCS rear end drama possible instead of just telling them to gently caress off. Good job mods and admins, really killing it.