Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Azathoth posted:

My dude, operate a charity fund where you specifically treat anyone asking for accountability with sneering contempt. If you're not going to make even the barest minimum effort to not look shady as hell, you shouldn't be surprised when people assume the worst about you.

Either address the legitimate calls for reasonable transparency, something with another fund on this website operated the same way manages, and which a second fund (whose thread you decided to poo poo on this morning) is trying to do, or deal with people calling your character into question. Simple as.

my dude, do you really think any of this was brought up in good faith?

the damage is already done. the other fund is already working themselves to accept 20% overhead--huh, that's the patreon cut that's unacceptable here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Azathoth posted:

It will be good and do a lot to address concerns when he does that. I hope he follows through with that and doesn't just not do it, like when he said he was gonna set up as a proper charity a couple years ago and then didn't do that.

just permaban him for being a scammer already, you've already made up your mind that he's a bad dude. a bunch of people who used the goon fund will probably get screwed but, hey, QCS was just really concerned that some poor goons might have gotten bamboozled when they weren't laughing at the idea of goons being bamboozled.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Azathoth posted:

You can come down off the cross whenever you would like. Plinkey has a reasonable path forward and it's up to him to walk it.

preemptive "post the abusive PMs" for when you do ban him :angel:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

lol

just perma him already and let el jeff reverse it if plinkey decides its worth the effort to plead his case. you just said he's guilty.

the idea of goonfund is sunk, we can go REMEMBER WHEN CSPAM LET A GAMBLING ADDICT TAKE ALL THE MONEY FROM THEIR CHARITY for years to come in the sags thread, mission loving accomplished

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

World Famous W posted:

like, I'm willing to eat crow in a month if Jeff says he never received any documents or that it's clear it's been stolen BUT I'm willing to actually wait till then before I throw under the bus someone who's helped feed and pay rent of fellow humans

i can't believe you're trying to help a scammer scam goons

it's better that the fund not exist than entertain the possibility that an rear end in a top hat i just made up in my brain would skim off of it

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

as soon as az said that any non-discussion of the new goon fund was probateable, the people really concerned with this one stopped posting and returned to the sagas thread

i'm sure that means they're all brainstorming really good ideas for the fund

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Segata Sanshiro posted:

I don't post on these forums anymore but like, lay off Plinkey. he has paid me almost every month for over a year while I've been on the street

idk what exactly the concern is but it's nothing that can't be solved by "stfu about plinkey and his thing and go make your own fund if you think we need more accountability"

i can get people riled up and also hurt people if i get plinkey to stop doing it

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

https://youtu.be/jrlzlaHEaB0

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

i didnt realize the fund was that in the red

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

because people think it would be funny to break it and be able to say "hey remember when a gambling addict stole $3000 a month from cspam? lol. lmao."

they don't actually give a gently caress about whether or not the money was stolen and the majority of them didn't bother helping with the now clearly reputable official 501c goon fund

nope, gotta make content

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

glenn thread r-word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

redneck nazgul posted:

glenn thread r-word

the r stands for refugee :angel: