Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Hey, so I'll post my offer again in this thread, because I don't know if it was picked up on in the QCS thread, just to have a nice carrot, not just a bundle of sticks.

If Plinkey makes the fund more transparent by regularly publishing simple monthly reports and manages to get rid of the 20% patreon cut one way or another (or even just provides a more sensible permanent option as an alternative), I'll contribute $300 to the fund. Hope it's a good enough incentive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
^^^ Money sent.

GOD IS BED posted:

you should put that $300 towards the new fund, which will be all the things you want and more! we could really use the help, join us: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4014910

I mean, whichever comes first, I guess. It'll probably take some time to set up that new fund properly anyway.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I think a lot of people don't realize that if Plinkey spent $300-$600 a month of the fund's money on streamers and loot boxes it would still have a higher percentage of money going to those in need than most charities. Even the best charities have like 10% overhead. Plinkey's allegedly has negative overhead because when he runs out of Patreon money he just starts sending his own money. Hyperfixating on the bureaucracy just makes you look callous.

Patreon takes about 20%.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Paladinus posted:

Hey, so I'll post my offer again in this thread, because I don't know if it was picked up on in the QCS thread, just to have a nice carrot, not just a bundle of sticks.

If Plinkey makes the fund more transparent by regularly publishing simple monthly reports and manages to get rid of the 20% patreon cut one way or another (or even just provides a more sensible permanent option as an alternative), I'll contribute $300 to the fund. Hope it's a good enough incentive.

To circle back on this. It's December now, and there are a lot of new posts in this thread, but it looks like it's mostly people arguing. Have there been any developments on the listed issues? It's not that the money's burning a hole in my pocket, but I do want to get my own budget in order for the end of the year, so would be nice to know if I can donate the money elsewhere.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Tatsuta Age posted:

no, this thread is still "sure hope this goes somewhere good and not into patreon streamer subs"

use the other thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4014910

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

there have been no changes in operating procedure here. however, i strongly encourage that you check out our new fund at https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4014910 where we've made a lot of progress recently.

we can use all the help we can get :)

Nice to see there's progress. Sent really queer Christmas a PM.