Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

sebmojo posted:

There's a qcs thread about it. Basically it's a zero accountability one man show that people still find useful and helpful, so we just wanted to make it clear that it's not in any way forums endorsed or guaranteed.

can u sticky my thread OP?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4014894

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Azathoth posted:

Then he needs to figure out a way to have basic accountability without that. There's plenty of mutual aid funds, food shelves, and other small charitable projects that can and do make it work with funds at or below what he takes in. He's been offered help from multiple people on this front, he should take any one of those people up on it.

I have no dog in this fight but even something as basic as this is how much we took in, and this it how much was used each month would be really good to see.

Literally anything other than being told to gently caress off anytime you ask a question. If you look at the first couple of pages, someone asks about transparency and immediately people jump on them. They even got probed for trolling this thread, despite it being a reasonable request.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

ram dass in hell posted:

seriously Az what the gently caress are you doing

it is time for the anti azathoth alliance to rise once again

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Epic High Five posted:

You didn't say anything. You were thinking out loud by your own admission, who cares. Go do something about it instead, the framework's down, you have your thread and it even has a big ol' thumbs up from the admins, like I said you've caught the car so figure it out, what good does 6 paragraphs of nested hypotheticals do? Go go go there's no time to lose!

didn't you have a meltdown last time the trump thread was gassed?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

AnimeIsTrash posted:

didn't you have a meltdown last time the trump thread was gassed?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3968818&userid=167573

lol yes

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Good soup! posted:

transparency is a good thing for charitable efforts that have grown like this and it's cool that goons can get the help they need, community oversight to ensure the money is being disbursed properly doesn't sound like an outrageous thing at all

:gb2gbs:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

MonsieurChoc posted:

Hey it's the Jordon Peterson loving freak, why the gently caress are you unbanned?

he’s cia

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Goons go cold and hungry and people cheer that as a victory

thats right

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

ppl were asking questions about transparency and accountability long before pyf/qcs caught wind of it

You can check the first couple of pages of this thread and see exactly this. Lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Salt Fish posted:

Oh by the way for people who actually post in cspam the rules against forum invasion are so strict that you get probated for quoting a post from D&D. You don't even have to post there, just it's against the rules to even quote a post from another subforum.

why are you even bringing d&d into this lmfao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

this

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

we should kill spr

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Javid posted:

what salary are you offering plinkey to do all the extra work you seem to think he owes you?

bro come on

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

get this man his bag

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Plinkey posted:

you're welcome, and brave

I'm gunna post some emails that I've gotten since like Thursday and when I was out of town over the weekend, but this to me is completely unacceptable, people are afraid to post in this thread now

good job everyone

Plinkey posted:

nah, we need to see records, emails, documentation!

Didn't you say you don't share stuff like this? I don't think you gotta do stuff like this to own people on the internet man.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lousy hat posted:

if you want to help goons who need aid, give to the fund and support it or shut the gently caress up.

if you already support the fund and you think plinkey's not trustworthy, then present literally any real evidence or just stop giving and shut the gently caress up.

if you don't give to the fund and won't because you have concerns or "concerns", put this energy towards helping people in other ways irl and shut the gently caress up

if you don't actually care about this but need some drama online, then shut the gently caress up but also log off and examine your life

How come you guys are all like this? You should have more visibility into money matters especially when the fund is making $3k a month. That's an extremely reasonable request.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

500 good dogs posted:

if you think animalstrash was making an accusation of theft you should re-read his post :)

This is correct, and for the record I have never accused Plinkey of doing any of that.

Xaris posted:

But again, there's been a long history of scams from even seemingly well-intentioned/popular goons that it's also prudent to ask for some semblance of transparency about these matters that it's only the smart thing to do and not take it personally in any way whatsoever: it's just forum case-histories have made things be in that unfortunate position.

100% this, even Jeff has said that something like money in/out would be good. If you're doing some kind of leftist project you should want transparency and openness.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

RandomBlue posted:

Anyone can put numbers in a spreadsheet, they mean literally nothing and will not convince anyone of anything. The concern trolls will continue with this bullshit regardless.

Unless there is actual auditing going to happen it's just appeasement.

I don't think it should be hard to tell who is concern trolling. I also don't think Plinkey would lie about that kind stuff, he was posting monthly stuff a while back. Don't know why you'd imply something like that.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I'd like to see some basic accounting too, but it's not hard to understand how posting about it :) in bad faith :) even if you mean what you say :) is not constructive and really just amounts to making GBS threads on a guy who never volunteered for this bullshit. The fund is a black box, but if there were any flaw in the testimonials, or they were not numerous, I'm confident we wouldn't have heard the end of it from the PYF crew, so clearly it's helping people.

If you and 500 good dogs want the same thing, then what is the issue here?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

WampaLord posted:

Yup, every single thing Plinkey has done has been lovely and gross. Trying to help out people? The shittiest and grossest thing one can do. Did you all know he's gambled? Like wagered money? IN AMERICA?!?!?!?!

they didnt say any of that, wahts wrong with you

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

A big flaming stink posted:

Jeff's demand of plinkey was hosed up, imo. Plinky is one of the few people on this forum who has made a genuine and effective effort to make this world a better place, and to use that as justification to place a greater burden on him is dumbfuck as hell.

👍

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

vortmax posted:

Send Plinky a DM to check

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Post in the Trump thread, apparently he's active there

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Tatsuta Age posted:

is there not still 3k a month pouring in? would be nice to have a way to know where the money's going or coming from, has anyone asked for this yet

https://www.patreon.com/goonfood

Yep

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

MonsieurChoc posted:

Lol I'll believe it when I see it.

lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

vortmax posted:

You're goddamned right

bro youre fuming 100%