Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Depending on how things shake out with my new job as a manager at a restaurant, I'll either be getting all the hours I want and donating or desperately asking for help. Either way. At the moment I have literally no money (yes, literally) so we'll see how this poo poo goes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Is everything frozen until the legal issues? I just found out that, because my wife abandoned me a year and a half ago and I have no way to get ahold of her, I can't get the stimulus check because she filed "Married Filling Separately" (no I don't know how she got my SSN) and now I would have to file the same, which I can't do because I don't know her SSN. Tried the IRS portal and talked to two tax places and I'm hosed.

Edit: this means I'm also not getting a $500 EITC, either lol. I love bureaucracy.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Thanks, I actually managed to get ahold of her on Facebook and got her SSN, so I should be getting my stimulus check, just gonna miss out on the $500. Crisis averted for now, I'll donate when my check gets in. :)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4017865&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Email Plinkey from the OP if you haven't already

i was gonna but i don't have Paypal or Venmo. my ex-wife screwed up our Paypal. i have Cashapp but that's about it.

precision has issued a correction as of 23:47 on Nov 19, 2022

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Plinky did you get my email or what

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

precision posted:

Plinky did you get my email or what

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

RealityWarCriminal posted:

really is a mystery why op isnt responding to all these emails from people out to get him

What?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"How can I prove my charity operation is acting in good faith? Don't reply to ANYBODY"

:thunkher:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

fun hater posted:

who could have predicted this

e: did that guy asking for help really get lumped in as someone to be ignored bc they had a bad vibe about them. what the hell

I guess so? I came in to the thread right ad all this drama started :(

Edit: the goon fund is at $3000 a month how is this not working lmao

precision has issued a correction as of 17:57 on Nov 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Javid posted:

I hit him up once in a pinch, and the paypal transfer showed up a week and a half later without further conversation, roughly coincident with someone else having poked him in the thread about their own request

can't imagine why he isn't answering a bunch of bad faith GIEV MONAEY messages from trolls, though

i'm not a bad faith troll! i'm just broke!

the other goon fund helped me a little bit but i was stupid and didn't ask for as much as i really needed because asking for money really, really sucks