Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.
Well, I can't imagine the mirror was very happy about that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

Let the poor guy feed, he's nothing but skin and bones.

Well technically he's neither of these things, but you get my point.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

He wants to return to his home dimension and feeding will give him the energy to do that.

I suppose he could be lying, but we just sent 20,000 volts through his rear end so hopefully he's inclined to be honest.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

I've been wondering, when did the cultural zeitgeist decide that genies were blue? Is it all Disney?

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

That's cool.

Meanwhile, Wadjet Eye is breaking new ground by asking "What do you get when you cross a genie with a pirate?" And the answer is someone who's really good with a cutlass, apparently.

Mzbundifund posted:

I appreciate this. I've played too many stupid Biowares where the entire party hates each other and the long-suffering protagonist has to put up with endless childish whining.

Yeah it's a good balance. Eli and Mandana (I keep wanting to type "Mandala") make a good team, but at the same time it's easy to see how Paige could be an asset, even if her only skills are pouring drinks, inventory management puzzles and moral choices. The message I get is that the Unavowed aren't dysfunctional, they're just understaffed.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

It's good to see accountants get some representation in video games.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

Do you suppose the demon was also responsible for Jordon’s uncanny, persistent coldness? Some kind of spell?

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

SpruceZeus posted:

so this is a game about forcing you to make awful decisions i see

We spent a year without making any decisions and look how that turned out!

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

Even though the memories are painful, it might be therapeutic to see the old neighborhood again. Let’s hit the Bronx.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

KayKay is the best.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

Logan's been with KayKay for a year and he hasn't gone back to drinking, so I'm going to guess she's a good influence. :unsmith:

Actually the whole Logan-KayKay relationship is really sweet, since it really is a partnership of equals instead of surrogate dad/surrogate daughter, which would have been the more obvious (and IMHO less interesting) way to write this. They're a good influence on each other, really.

EDIT: because this deserves to be seen

Mechanical Ape fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jan 8, 2020

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

Paige has consistently chosen to keep others alive, be it better or worse for those involved. She'd choose peace here.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

I vote Mandana and Vicki.

Hopefully Aldin's genocidal insanity isn't what awaits in Jordon's future.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

Black Robe posted:

Eli, Logan, Chinatown

There might be ghosts in Urban Fantasy Chinatown to deal with. And I dunno, maybe we'll need to burn stuff, I mean that's never not a possibility.

Actually I forgot Eli has that power where he can read any book that's ever been burned, which is a skill that could come in handy anywhere.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

Don't feel bad, I only lately realized the thread title is a Supernatural reference.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

Tiggum posted:

Huh. The numbers. The answer is always in the numbers.

And this is why you should always have an accountant in the party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

It's such a simple trick, but seeing your character suddenly voiced and given an NPC portrait is really effective and alarming. "You", the game says, are now someone entirely else. And it's a trick that could only be done in the medium of video games.