Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
Dear Santa Claus

Despite posting in these here forums, I promise I've otherwise been good. I mostly use my pens at work at a hospital, so I'm a big user of more serious looking blues, greens, reds and blacks, but what's the point of samples if not trying out something different? I'm super into Chinese weirdo pens and waterproof inks.

Pens I own and love:
Pilot: a pile of metros, M through F.
Lamy: Safaris in F and EF, All Star in EF, 2000 in F.
Kaweko: Liliput in M (RIP lost because too small)
China pens: PenBBS 350 in whatever size they come in (F?) Moonman M2, Wing Sung 601A, Weird Lamy Safari Clone
TWBSI: Eco in B and F, Classic in EF, GO in EF, VAC70.
Pelikan: M205 Fine, Jazz in medium.
Italix: Parson's Prescriptor in fine italic: my new favorite.
Fountain Pen Revolution: Jaipur in various nibs, meh feed.

Inks I own or have sampled:
1. Pilot: Yama-Guri (so pretty), Shin-Ryoku, Asa-Gao, Tsuki-Yo, Kon-Peki
2. Sailor: Tokiwa-Matsu (one of my faves for work), Kobe Maiko, Miruai (left a really nice stain on my lab coat), Irori (Super nice neon red for highlighting stuff)
3. R & K: Verdura (another daily workhorse for charting), Alt-Goldgrun, Smadgadgrun, Verdigris.
4. Noodler's: Raven Black, General of the Armies, Blue upon the plains of Abraham, Midnight Blue (v. nice sheen), Bernanke Black, Borealis Black, Nikita, Tianamen, Navy.
5. Diamine: Sherwood Green (Main workhorse at work), Denim, Kelly Green, Ancient Copper, Bilberry (another fave at work), Oxblood.
6. Kyo No Oto: Adzukiro (seems to clog my metro easily, but really lovely colour), Hisoku, Nurebairo, Yamabukiiro, Aonibi.
7. Pelikan: Olivine (really nice, shame it's a LE)
8. J-Herbin: Gris Nuage: I am a boring person who writes on white paper so very limited appeal to me.

Bring on the horrifying goon abominations. Just not on the outer packaging please, the lady at the post office wouldn't appreciate that. (It's super cold here, please specify for delivery with signature)

I mostly use my pens to chart patient files at work, with some occasional doodling at home, so my main attraction to FPs is good ink capacity and decent handling.

Shops: I'm a big fan of wonder pens, but am open to any others that ship to Canada.

Hope the elves don't filch your good pen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Package in the mail. Didn’t get the spiders memo, but there was a special on vermin (assorted).
Real talk though I found something really goony, I’m looking forward to my recipient’s reaction.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
I'm also still waiting on my package but I was told to expect late arrival. Crossing my fingers.
Edit: thanks for the update from my Santee. Apparently postmen are intimidated by giant 6ft y’all snowbanks.

Nine of Eight fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Feb 12, 2020