Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Xun posted:

In general are there a good amount of euros in the FP secret santas? Wouldn't want to be super inconvenient if I sign up

I am euro and I just signed up, so we can inconvenience people together :)

Yes:

I... am happy with about anything, actually.

- I mostly do cheap vintage pens and enjoy thoroughly breaking fixing them as a hobby, so I may be the exception here and say that if you find something cool for $20 or less that is dirty, covered in old ink, scratched to hell, discoloured like a sunbathing book, burned like a tourist in the Spanish summer, needs a sac or has a bent nib or everything at once, send it my way! We do not get many interesting things down here in Spain that aren't Parkers (tons of Parkers!). No-name, third-tier pens are more than OK, just make it interesting; it's funnier to do work in a pen with pretty colors or a cool shape or size than on an old plain black one. Anyway, I'll do whatever I can, and I promise to show you the results! (no guarantees though, but if all goes south I promise I'll find the poor pen some new use, as a chopstick or something. Pics will still be provided).

- Otherwise, I know next to nothing about new pens, but for what I have seen, there are some very interesting chinese cheap ones that I would not mind trying :). Again, pretty, shiny colors appreciated, there's enough black pens in the world!

- Another thing I have not much of is ink. Again, not that easy to find nice ones here. I have basic Sheaffer colors (black, red, green, purple), some Diamine Blue and some Blackbird Puffin Orange. I have no idea about inks (other that you do not use irongall inks on your pens - still have a cheap nib that was soaked in it for a good number of years, the poor thing has holes on it) so, again, shiny and pretty is good, colors I do not have are good, cheap and plentiful is good.

- A cool spare nib! There's always an old pen that needs it replaced kicking around. Just, please make sure you send just the nib, and not a nib unit for some pen I probably don't have. Esterbrook replacement nibs accepted too.

No:

- Pens with missing parts. Corroded pressure bars are fine, petrified sacs are fine, dents are fine, small plastic losses (like chippings on the cap) are fine, cracks are a major pain in the rear end but that's why I am playing after all. But if the pen has no cap or no blind cap or no lever box, chances are there's either no way to get it or it is expensive as all hell to get it shipped over here. I'd rather not spend more than the price of the pen on a part, and I guess nobody wants to see pics of half a pen, either. If you go the vintage route, there's enough old, unloved grandma pens around that still have all their poo poo (mostly) together.

- Parkers, I guess. The vintage ones are way out of the price range, and I have about all the 45's, 21's, Vectors, Arrows and such that I'll need for a lifetime. If you want to send me a Duofold, well, be my guest I guess (who am I kidding, I'd marry you), but otherwise, please, no Parkers.

Any packaging is fine, just be aware it'll be shipped to a post office, the nice ladies there do have quite a dirty sense of humor, and any fun they have will shamelessly be blamed on you. I don't think there'd be any problem with not-signed-for mail, I have received everything up to now just fine there, but if you want to be sure, signed is OK too.

Shellception fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Nov 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Nine of Eight posted:

Real talk though I found something really goony, I’m looking forward to my recipient’s reaction.

Happy to say I did, too. Still not sending the package for organizative reasons but it's coming together rather nicely.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Xun posted:

My Santees items have been bought and I will receive them tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be shipping them sometime next week! Sorry for the delay :negative:

My gift is also ready and will be in the mail tomorrow morning. Sorry if it's a bit late!

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Nothing arrived here :(. If the package has a tracking number, whoever send it might want to check it, it may have gotten stuck somewhere. I am pretty sure it wasn't sent back, but who knows....

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Still nothing here.