Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Since I'm thinking of getting an Aquaero 6 I kinda regret buying my D5 Vario's. Sure I could set-and-forget but if I do need to change speed, (such as filling the loop) it'll be a pain, as the bottom of the pump would be quite close to a panel leaving only a small gap to try and turn the dial.

Plus, the EK D5 G2's cables are sleeved.
sleeved

Which is clearly better than hotdog cables. I say the EK D5 because I hear the Aquabus D5's can't be found any more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Got the Aquaero 6 + splitty 9 ordered, was wondering what fans to get and saw a funny noctua review

What, did he buy the 3000 rpm version with no controller? :v:

Anyhow, I ordered 7 of the chromax ones, and was thinking of picking up some phanteks halos lux for em.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

If it's an active splitter, I think it still allows individual PWM control. I think that's what I'm reading.
https://www.aquatuning.co.uk/air-cooling/fan-accessories/25878/aquacomputer-splitty9-active-active-splitter-for-up-to-9-pwm-fans

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Uhm. I just realized I might hit the 300 LED limit for my motherboard (Aorus Master)

I'm pretty sure the ekwb velocity drgb has 24.

How many LEDs are there in the 2080 Aorus Waterforce WB, or 4 sticks of trident z drgb?
My fans are already going to take up 210 leds, that leaves 90, minus the CPU block that leaves 66 for the GPU and RAM.

I might have to plug the phanteks Halo Lux Digital fan LED's into a phanteks drgb hub?
At least the Aquacomputer's farbwerk 360 doesn't count.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Is there some cable or adaptor I can use to plug phanteks halos lux digital + Neon into a Farbwerk 360?

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Man, I wish RGB companies would just adopt a single standard.

I have a farbwerk question, can I plug a Phanteks DRGB such as halos lux digital or neon strip into one of these:

and then connect that to the farbwerk 360 using:

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

My pumps have a molex cable for power and a fan header cable for PWM and RPM.
The Aquaero 6 has enough power to power a pump directly from the fan header right? Is there a molex power + 2pin fan header to 4 pin fan header cable?

Like this, but with PWM too

Also, I'm still concerned at max amps a wire can take. Molex can do about 10 amps I think? If I'm using all 4 of the molex chain, do I have to worry about the 6 pin peripheral cable part? I'm using 210 LED's for the fans alone + 94 LED's on strips.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Yeah! The Phanteks Halos Lux Digital works great with the Farbwerk 360! Sooo much better looking than the Phanteks RGB controller.

This

into this

into this

into this

into the Farbwerk 360

Bit of a journey but it works! I can either plug each Halos into it's own RGBpx channel, or chain them together into one channel with each Halos a copy of the first.

Ak Gara fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Nov 28, 2019

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

TenaciousTomato posted:

Torn between these 2 boards for overclocking my new i7-8700k:

GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS ULTRA
ASUS Prime Z390-A

I like the WiFi and VRM dependability of the Gigabyte, but the audio codec and BIOS UI seem to be better on the ASUS.

Any idea which I should choose, or a different one to throw in the ring?

I've no idea where the Asus stands (probably high) but I have heard that the Aorus Master has better VRM's than the Ultra.

[edit] no idea if it's true

Ak Gara fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Dec 1, 2019

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

M.2 is just the connector, there's Sata M.2 and NVME M.2

Sata M.2 is no faster than normal Sata SSD's. Cool formfactor though.
[e:fb]

I keep changing my mind about which fittings to use.

I like the black chrome of bitspower but I like the shape of Phanteks'. I wonder how it would turn out if I painted the Phanteks ones black chrome?

Ak Gara fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Dec 3, 2019

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

The Barrowch 90 (FBFTWT90-V1) looks awesome!

https://www.formulamod.com/barrowch-fbftwt90-v1-open-style-90-degrees-rotation-fittings-p1799035.html

It's meant to be a 360 degree rotary part, but I don't see how it could be? Also, it mixes aluminium and brass which is fine when they show which bits are what, which they don't.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

I think I might have gone overboard on LED's.
Trying to lay out on paper what's in my head. (not shown, a 3rd controller for the LED strips around my monitor that reacts to what's on my screen)

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

How the heck am I supposed to put this in with the correct orientation??
5 pin internal usb)

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

The front of my tower is clean AF but jesus weeps at the rear panel. I got a super tower to have excess room and yet I'm running out of room. So many cables placed in a literal pile and I'm not even finished yet.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

WattsvilleBlues posted:

My previous builds were 2012 and 2013 (mine and my dad's respectively). I thought Intel was the default choice since around 2007 and the Core 2 Duo days?

How many components do you have inside the case?

3 Farbwerk 360's, an internal USB splitter, a 9 way fan splitter, an Aquaero 6, 2 pumps, as well as cables for a flow sensor, 2 water temperature sensors, 2 air temperature sensors, 7 fans, 7 drgb led fan covers, drgb CPU block, and 4 drgb led strips.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

My build keeps having to stop to wait for parts to be shipped because I don't know I need something until I can't progress anymore without it. I'm currently waiting for a pair of 90 degree molex connectors. (side of case won't close otherwise)

While waiting for those parts I also got myself a Asus PN50 for HTPC. Jesus this thing is ridiculous. I could literally put it on the shelf inside my main PC.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

What about something like the nzxt usb hub?

Also, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Just ordered my custom cables from cablemod. They say they're upgrading the factory so delivery time is :shrug:
I measured like 6 times before using the configurator. I just hope I didn't screw it up.