Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Tim and Gregg are obviously doing a great job inhabiting their characters but I feel like Joe Estevez is an unsung hero of the whole On Cinema universe. It seems like the guy is game for whatever they write for him and he does a great job portraying a guy who mostly just seems happy that people are talking to him.

Also, everything with Mark these last couple of seasons has been incredibly dark in the best way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

The latest episode rules.

The shot that just holds on Tim's face as you can see the reality of his situation sinking in is great.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

The season finale: Tim 100% hurt himself in a botched suicide attempt. I thought he was going to accidentally shoot someone this season but didn't see this turn coming at all.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I’m on Day 2 of The Trial and good god this painful to watch. It’s like hours of just Tim mispronouncing actor names.

To be clear, I love it.

I think my favorite Tim actor mispronounciation might be the weird emphasis he puts on Ed Norton's name so he says it like "Ed Nor-TON."

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

The part in The Comedy where he coldly watches his date have a seizure is some great acting by Heidecker.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

Basically, a bunch of teenaged QAnon followers have just discovered Awesome Show and think the Child Clown skits are secret messages from the Deep State that Tim and Eric are part of the global pedophile ring, and Tommy G is (I think) the Twitter handle of the guy really pushing it. This also comes right after Tim started heavily mocking one of the QAnon people who's running for Congress.

I hope LaRue can get to the bottom of this one.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Hope Gregg got well compensated for Tom Cruise Sr portraying him in this short film.

https://twitter.com/TomCruise/status/1298336338434052096?s=19

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

I also finally got around to watching Mr. America and it's very appropriate viewing right now during the election.

The moment toward the end when Tim drunkenly calls and taunts Rosetti for not being able to convict him is incredibly bleak.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Looks like On Cinema might be coming back, and better than ever:

https://twitter.com/timheidecker/status/1330956939119915008?s=19

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

What is reality?
https://twitter.com/YouCleanItUp1/status/1384234676961697797?s=19

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Gregg killed Tom Chaplin so that Muncher could enjoy some Chaplin's Chilli in the ghost dimension.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

I can't believe Gregg would lie about this, Tim has been through enough!

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Ingmar terdman posted:

Does time slightly warp around Victorville ("4:46 V.F.T")

That's Gregg's new timezone for just the VFA, it's one minute ahead of Pacific Time.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Incredible special, I loved Gregg just being fed up with everything.

I'm assuming that the HEI feed cutting out for a couple of seconds at the end was intentional to avoid having to try and film a live stunt of a POV shot of someone getting run over by a car.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Looks like Gregg is back in the HEI life again!

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

derp posted:

the fact that they made sure to have her say she's 18 and therefore legal, i think they absolutely will go in that direction. it would be a very Tim thing to do, to leave his new wife for someone (much) younger. they were already hinting he had something with pastor lewis, but i guess something went wrong with the actress? so maybe they redirected the plot onto wendy

They briefly accidentally uploaded a dress rehearsal for this year's Oscar special and Tim mentioned while out of character that the actress who played Lewis refused to get a COVID test so they wrote her out of the special and presumably the show.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Tim's stomach bag is going to end horrifically for him and I can't wait to see it.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

My God, Gregg really did it. He's Muncher.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

We need a full investigation into the LIES of Gregg Turkington IMMEDIATELY!

https://twitter.com/joshgad/status/1459647138250596358?t=gWUwikdNYZ8ZHD9CTOhwaw&s=19

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

God bless Joe.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

I had to pause the episode for a minute because I completely lost it when Gregg muttered "Kramer vs. Kramer."

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

The answer is clear: G Amato is Q and he's voting for Xposed so that we can finally learn the truth.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

I feel like I have this exact reaction at least once per Oscar Special.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

I can't wait to see how Deck of Cards turns out by the end. Very fun to see Gregg manage to push Joe close to the limit of his ability to be professional and friendly.

Also every second of the farmer sketch was a nightmare.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Send us your favorite kisses to MovieExports@heinetwork.tv

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

I just assumed he'd dipped back into whatever pills he was on for his eye opening conversation about Dr. San.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

I have it on good authority that Oscar awarded The Hobbit an honorary Best Picture last night during one of the non-televised ceremonies.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

The special will start at 5:01 PM VFT (Victorville Film Time).

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

gently caress YOU JOKER!

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Very excited for Baboon(s)!

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Gregg's mic picking up every detail of him walking all the way over to the other end of the set to get more popcorn for his mug has made me laugh every episode.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

The gradual reveal of the full extent of everyone's injuries was really well done.

Also, someone needs to make one of these but for Tim's various injuries he's suffered over the course of the show:

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Those quack doctors need to get out of the way and let Tim administer Manuel some HEI Miracle Water ASAP!

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

huh posted:

Why is it called grain water?

I imagine it has something to do with its texture.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Extremely glad that Tim is going to be finding out about the dashcam footage while dressed as Pinocchio.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Yeah once the video popped up I thought that the special would end with G. Amato cutting ties with Tim but he seemed to be legitimately trying to comfort him at the end. I'm curious where they go with his character and I'm glad they seem to be giving him a bigger role. Maybe he's just a guy who really wants to see the Pep Boys Cinematic Universe happen.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Did Gregg actually watch it or has he just been bluffing this whole time? He mentioned in the special that he couldn't get the video to work on his laptop which I took to mean he never actually watched it but knew Tim enough to be confident that he had somehow directly caused the crash and could still threaten him with the footage without knowing exactly what was on it.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Oh my God, LaserDiscs?! This is massive!

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Very excited for Joey Patron and the new movie insights he's sure to bring to On Cinema On Demand!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Love that G. Amato was insistent that Gregg be a part of On Cinema On Demand because it just continues to make his motivations inscrutable. Does he like Gregg? Does he think Gregg knows about movies? Is he just a confused old man? Is he the devil sent to Earth to torment Tim for his many sins?