Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

Last night, I went to a screening of the entire Trial at the Museum of the Moving Image in Queens. It was probably one of the best theatergoing experiences I have ever had just because everyone "got" it and Tim and Gregg did a post-screening Q&A afterward where they talked about prepping their respective characters.

At almost 5 hours, it moves surprisingly swift and is packed with pretty good jokes. This whole series really is just a great satire of our dumb times. Between Gregg's inability to think critically about media to Tim's quasi-Trump persona, its perfect. The fact that it's spawned this and a motion picture is just incredible, honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

So glad Justin Gaynor (who runs the On Cinema Timeline) shot some footage from the screening. It definitely was surreal to watch with other people belly laughing the whole time.

https://twitter.com/justingaynor/status/1196139233641222146

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

Tim (and Gregg too) is a fantastic actor, honestly. The show would extremely not work at all if they played their characters too broad, and a lot of the funniest moments come from all the subtle speech mannerisms and body language.

This manifesto is given with the exact amount of coherence and confidence that I've experienced with every conservative millennial I've interacted with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiYcJvDvzZQ

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

Mark Porch

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

This is so loving good holy poo poo piss

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

a marathon of Christmas movies in a filthy apartment would be enough to break anyone, let alone rear end in a top hat narcissist Tim.

Cannot wait to see how this lore develops lmao

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

Shot in the dark but is anyone here going to the Oscar Special screening at the Lakeline Austin Alamo Drafthouse this evening

I need to get away from this SXSW trip (too much business not enough movies)

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

Cognac McCarthy posted:

I went to the South Lamar livestream event a few years ago and watching people who were there to watch the actual Oscar livestream in the next theater over slowly realize something was very wrong was incredible. But we no longer live in Austin and it's not streaming live anywhere near me.

lmao, amazing

I went to a screening of The Trial in Queens a few years back and unfortunately the audience was all fellow sickos willing to sit through 5 hours of a fake trial they had already seen. But it would have been hilarious if they had trapped some true crime fans or something.

But yeah no I figure I had to buy a ticket. Especially because of the underlying lore of a bullshit business convention where people say a whole lot of nothing about success and grinding.

(I'm sorry to those reading who live in Austin I'm sure there are plenty of cool parts of this place and I'm sure this event is hell for you)

chibi luda fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Mar 10, 2024

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

I saw the Alamo Drafthouse sign about bottomless popcorn and involuntarily did a little Gregg grin

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

Tim didn’t do anything to deserve the Dodge Charger and I hope he’s punished accordingly