Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Rhjamiz posted:

I did not. Not in my spam, either, apparently. I was looking for the reminder email too, but never saw it.

Well, shoot. I just checked and while you're on my "mailing list" tab of the spreadsheet, somehow I missed adding the tag to your contact entry in gmail, so you didn't get the notification!

My apologies for the clerical error. You're on there now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Rhjamiz posted:

I did not. Not in my spam, either, apparently. I was looking for the reminder email too, but never saw it.

Same, I just remembered to check for the thread around this time.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ugh OK I just checked the mail I sent's BCC field. I sent it BCCed to the tag that I added to everyone in the contacts who was supposed to be on the list: aaaand, looks like it did not "take" any of the people I added the tag to this year. (Last year I forgot about the tag and added everyone from the spreadsheet manually, I think).

So like half the people on the mailing list didn't get a drat mail. :argh:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK! I've sent a reminder to everyone who didn't get one, and I figured out what happened. When I started typing the name of the mailing list tag in the BCC field, Google autofilled with the addresses I sent the mail to in some previous year, who knows which one, and I used that instead of the tag somehow. Possibly I can't even use the tag for sending, I think it's only used for filters or something. Anyway I've got it figured out now, and while some of you who already posted in the thread are gonna get an email, at least we can see if the drat thing is working now.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

OK! I've sent a reminder to everyone who didn't get one, and I figured out what happened. When I started typing the name of the mailing list tag in the BCC field, Google autofilled with the addresses I sent the mail to in some previous year, who knows which one, and I used that instead of the tag somehow. Possibly I can't even use the tag for sending, I think it's only used for filters or something. Anyway I've got it figured out now, and while some of you who already posted in the thread are gonna get an email, at least we can see if the drat thing is working now.

>Reply all

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I use BCC so you'll only reply to me! Hah!

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

drat. :mad:

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Hell yeah, TGSS time again! Thanks for doing this every year, Leperflesh!

Gift Preferences: I'm generally a minis guy. I'd love minis, paints, brushes, terrain, KoW-type movement trays, anything like that. I'm currently trying to find warriors of the dark gods/chaos marauder type guys kind of like this: http://www.shieldwolfminiatures.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=21, but don't feel bound by that example - I'm down for anything you think cool, that's just the current vein I'm in.

RPGs, especially physical copies of PBtA games, would be nice. Starting to play again and having a book is very helpful.

I also enjoy leathercrafting so if you'd like to get me any materials, tools, or accoutrements for that (a nice awl or really cool stamp, perhaps?), blacksmithing (less options there), the Seattle Seahawks, and I have no food allergies. I'm also mostly a forums lurker, so my posts probably won't be helpful to you, sorry!

No dongs or anime, please.

General Location: Maryland, USA

Solemn Vow: Only death will stop me from my appointed gifting.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Aaah, the TG Secret Santa! Truly the holidays are upon us. The wafting smell of hot chocolate, the tang of fresh snow in the air, the distant sounds of chiming dongs in the wind...

Gift Preferences: I play minis games but generally have enough minis, so I'm into stuff like terrain, storage, painting and painting gear, and maybe spaceships if you find some cool and exotic ones. Terrain particularly; always need some cover. That goes for the spaceships too (space stations, planets, and so forth). Lately I've been playing in a 1950s RPG so comedy 50s or atomic energy merch would also be cool. Also starting to get into Star Trek Adventures.

I am also building my dice stockpile! A nice bunch of rollable bones would be much appreciated.

I can supply a Steam username if preferred (you'll find I'm into RTSes and lately, railroad-building Fisk'em'ups). I control my own mail so I fear no dongs.

General Location: London, United Kingdom

Solemn Vow: And t'were it well that no goon shall grinch another, for if he doth commit such sin, let his tridlins be plucked, his gasket slit, his moules be shown to the four winds, and his figgin placed upon a spike.

Loxbourne fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Nov 21, 2019

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011
Wooty! Wooty! Time to give out some booty!
I'm so ready to do this again!

GIFT PREFERANCES
I'm primarily a 40k player with Guard being my main army. I also have Orks, Deathwatch, AdMech, Genestealer Cult, and Imperial Agents. If you don't want to give GW money, I love gently used minis, the older the better.
I also play Team Yankee East Germans, so any vehicles are a welcome addition. Paints and brushes are good. Cool trinkets and baubles are groovy. Food and drink? Sure! A dong? Go for it, knock yourself out! Clothes, I wear an American 2X or 3X. Dice are good! The only thing I don't desire are digital products, I'm grog enough to want only physical books.

GENERAL LOCATION
NW Florida

SOLOM VOW
I, SIR, AM NO GRINCH!
ONLY DEATH WILL STOP ME!
THIS IS MY PROCLOMATION!
WRIT LARGE FOR ALL TO SEE!
TRIMBLE BEFORE IT'S MIGHT!

ToyotaThong fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Nov 21, 2019

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer
TG Santa best santa! I always love this thread, as everyone talks about the stuff they love and then talks about getting cool stuff that they love.

Gift Preferences: Any Mutant Chronicles RPG or Stark Trek Adventures other than the main books or player's guides. I prefer print to PDF in general but some cool books only exist as PDFs.

I also like monster manuals a lot. This can include cool books of nature photography or dinosaur books and whatnot. I already have the D&D manual (multiple editions), Creatures Anathema, The L5R Shadowlands one, the Alpha Omega one, Barlowe's Aliens, Veins of the Earth, 13th Age Bestiary, Theriographica, Borges, Masters and Minions, Tome of Beasts, Creature Codex, Ninth World Bestiary 1 & 2, 13th Age Bestiary 2, the Conan one, and a couple others I'm forgetting.

Other cool photo books are always okay, like Atlas Obscura stuff or other neat history/science/nature/art stuff.

Monster miniatures are also something I like. I already have all the cool monster minis from Bones 3 & 4 but other monsters from any line or game are fine. I just like them as minis, I don't use them for anything but fun hobby objects.

I also sculpt stuff (mostly pokemon) with polymer clay (Sculpey or Fimo, don't care) and assemble Metal Earth models of all varieties. Other cool small metal/wood models or puzzle type things that don't require a lot of tools or glue are fun and good.

Please no animes or other fiction books, I have a lot of those. I also gots like, so many video games. Board games and card games are cool and fun but I have a backlog I need to get through already.

Solemn Vow: Grinches get stitches, I will do my part!

Looking forward to the chimney scratching that means possum santa has gotten stuck in the flue!

occamsnailfile fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Nov 24, 2019

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Caught up with emails!

Benedict
Mar 7, 2008

Why, yes, that is Glemdenning

Leperflesh posted:

Caught up with emails!

not anymore MOO HOO HAH HAH .... nah seriously i might be able to make your life easier check for the email i sent you.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ah! Thanks for the offer, but nah, the mass email part of things is the least difficult. There are also online secret santa applications, but they all have certain fatal flaws when it comes to how I run this one: things like, only match up international santas/santees with each other if possible, favoring geographic proximity; check the previous 10 years of spreadsheets and don't re-match two people who were already matched; handle requests for additional details from a santa to their santee, anonymously, while keeping me informed; allow people who are santas of someone doing a two or three-gift santa thing to communicate with each other about their mutual santee; etc. etc. etc.

The actual emailing of form letters to the various people is easy peasy, and now I know what went wrong with the mailing list, it won't happen again.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I personally like that this feels more like Santa's workshop with elves making wooden toys than a robot swarm Amazon warehouse

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Absolutely not anxious about anything.

Bleak Gremlin
I'll be on the road this holiday season so I'll have to pass this year. Just wanted to say thanks for organizing and hope I can participate next year!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hey cool Bruxism, thanks for telling me. I always kind of wonder, when people stop participating, if it was something off about how I run things, or if they just lost interest in SA, or if there was some other reason. Participation has been down year over year for the last few years, and I mostly chalk that up to the dwindling number of active accounts on SA, but... I can never quite be sure.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Leperflesh posted:

Hey cool Bruxism, thanks for telling me. I always kind of wonder, when people stop participating, if it was something off about how I run things, or if they just lost interest in SA, or if there was some other reason. Participation has been down year over year for the last few years, and I mostly chalk that up to the dwindling number of active accounts on SA, but... I can never quite be sure.

I didn't participate the last couple years just because I wasn't really that into any tabletop/analog gaming. This year I've been nothing but, I basically have had enough of video games and have been painting mini's playing x-wing and 40k etc.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah, that makes sense too. I used to be all in on the minis and RPGs, but the last few years I've only really been doing the board games. I'll probably go back to those other interests at some point (lord knows I have like a thousand unpainted minis to get to...) but my interests tend to shift around over the years.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Hey Leperflesh, thanks for running this thing as always!

Gift Preferences
I've just started getting into Battletech - I've got the Game of Armored Combat box, and PDF copies of Battlemech Manual and Technical Readout: Succession Wars. Outside of that I have absolutely nothing, and none of the game stores near me stock physical Battletech stuff, so if you can get me some/any Battletech stuff that's print or minis, that'd be kickass! (I'd prefer no digital stuff though, thanks, I can get that myself!)

If Battletech stuff isn't an option for you, I also enjoy;
Abstracts - I own Azul: Stained Glass of Sintra, Patchwork, Santorini, Hive, Thud!, Tatsu, and Hey That's My Fish.
Wargames - I own Twilight Struggle, Iron Curtain, 13 Days, Cuba Libre, Sekigahara and OGRE

General Location
Australia

Solemn Vow
I solemnly swear that I am up to no grinch.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Ooh, can I get on board again this year?

Gift Preferences:I'm into Warhammer 40k (collecting Space Marines, specifically the Celestial Lions, the unluckiest non-Lamenters Chapter), Marvel Crisis Protocol (well, I got the starter, not had a chance to play a game yet) and I'm very interested in the LANCER RPG. To that end, I'd happily take some miniatures to go with any of those (when it comes to LANCER, I'm just looking for say, 15mm-scale mechs. But feel free to be creative - I've picked up a Tau Stealthsuit team to use as mechs - it's more for display in that regard than anything else). But I'm also open to being surprised by some other Superhero or Sci-Fi stuff!

General location: Southwestern England, for my sins.

Solemn Vow: I have not grinched the prior years I participated and I'm not going to start now!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Caught up on emails!

I am indeed going camping tomorrow, so, I'll have to push the assignment date out to Sunday night (west coast US). Sorry about that folks, it came up sorta late this week. I think it'll be OK.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Hope this is in time!

Gift Preferences

Quick note: Bookwise I am cool with either hardcopy or digital versions.

Card Games:
Something optimized for solo or two players would be cool. I have virtually no card games, so really anything here is welcome.

Star Wars:
Jedi: Fallen Order and The Mandalorian have got my SW geek in sixth gear. Things I'm into here:
  • Graphic novels/comics (I enjoyed the Kieron Gillen Darth Vader comics, not too up on what else is good)
  • Books (I have the new Thrawn books, a Dooku one, and the Pablo Hidalgo Visual Dictionaries/Guides for the sequel and standalone movies, plus a lightsaber and a visual propaganda one, but that's about it)
  • Models (already have the Bandai 1/12 Darth Vader and K-2S0, would love other characters or vehicles)
  • RPG rulesbooks/supplements (I don't have any of the FFG , but am curious)
  • Really just about anything: pins, mugs, apparel, tote bags, Legos

Arthurian/Medieval History:
Artwork and art history especially, but really anything is good here. Preferably in English, Spanish, or French, though if it's Italian, Portuguese, or German, I'll muddle through. Doesn't have to be books either: tchotchkes, models, bitchin' socks, etc.

Sci-Fi:
I really am not up to date on what the good stuff is these days. Someone at work mentioned China Mieville, which sounds promising, but honestly open to anything decent.

RPGs:
Apart from Star Wars, Gumshoe's solo Cthulhu and Night's Black Ops look interesting. Any cool indie RPGs are welcome, too.

Fountain Pen/Calligraphy:
My pens ever thirst for ink and pouches/cases. Also, I've decided to get more serious about calligraphy this upcoming year, so nib holders, cool inks, good paper, guidebooks (really want to master uncial and delve into copperplate), stationery are all appreciated. Oh, washi tape is also cool.

Drinks, Victuals, and Vessels:
Coffee mugs are always welcome, as are vessels for more fortified beverages. Coffee, tea, beer (other than IPAs), chocolate, cool snacks or candies from your neck of the woods are all good. (Oh, and mead. Mead is so very, very good.)

Hateful Things:
I do not like steampunk. No, sir, I do not. Anime's not my groove either.

General Location:
San Francisco Bay Area

Solemn Vow:
All the world shall be of one religion and all living things shall cease to die, if ever I should be unfaithful to the TG Secret Santa rules of keeping up with the thread, sending prezzies in timely fashion, or posting sweet pics of epic loot from my gift-giver.

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Nov 25, 2019

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

You are very much still in time.

Folks if anyone posts in the thread on saturday someone please tell them they are also still in time, and in fact, for most of the day Sunday too. And after that of course we have the lightning bonus rounds. Thanks!

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
Oh man oh man oh man I'm just squeaking in under the deadline but here goes!

Gift Preferences: In general, I'm pretty good on most nerd stuff. The only nerd thing I tend to shy away from is anime, but someone got me into My Hero Academia so I dunno maybe I've been wrong about the weebs this whole time.

Things that'd be dope:

RPGs: I have the Infinity RPG core rulebook and none of the other books. That might be dope. I've heard City of Mists is a cool book. I like superhero RPGs in general, and have basically all of the HERO system books, but Mutants and Masterminds or something like that could be cool. Overlight looks interesting. Unity RPG looks interesting. All of the Fragged Empire line looks really dope, especially the one that's just a Bloodborne knockoff.

Miniatures: While I don't really play anything anymore, I think cool minis are cool. I have all of the reaper bones lines, and a bunch of Warmachine (Retribution) and Hordes (Gators). I kickstart cool minis projects and generally think they're fun. Of note: I am a huge Star Wars and comic book nerd and I don't have nearly enough Star Wars or comic book minis, so that's a possibility. The only comic ones I really have is Aquaman and Black Manta.

Vidya: My steam ID is: https://steamcommunity.com/id/generallyunique/. I like RPGs and action RPGs.

Star Wars: I like Star Wars a lot. Lightsabers from something like saberforge or ultrasaber would be cool (though, honestly, very expensive, please don't spend $400 on me, buy something for you instead). Maybe they'll have a grab bag thing going on soon, though, since they do that sometimes.

Comics: I really dig Aquaman and Black Manta. I've got most of the comics for that, but if there's a cool figure or something, I'd be down for that.

Please don't get me: Clothes.

General Location: Greater Seattle Area, Washington. Specifically, Kirkland.

Solemn Vow: One day I'll look back on this and go, "Man, I sure did like sending that gift that one time." And that's a promise.

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer
There have been a couple years when finances haven't really lined up or my TG interests wouldn't be easy to service on the price limit (which is a fine limit, it is I who am a fancy princess) but I have added some more game-adjacent things or just neat stuff to be flexible and participate when money permits.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
I look forward to this every year and immensely enjoy participating as a Santa. Looking back, it appears that this will be my 5th year in a row! I guess time flies when you lurk more often than post. Speaking of, let me get into my preferences – as my posting history is likely of little use.

Gift Preferences: Good news for you! I moved to the opposite coast of the USA as of a week ago and left nearly all of my tradgame possessions behind. So I won't be too upset if I end up with something I already own! I'm mainly into indie RPGs and non-collectable card games. I've also been playing more boardgames recently. Since I've downsized in housing, please keep the footprint of your gift in mind; a book, compact boardgame, or something similarly small would be appreciated. A a copy of OGRE or a big pile of minis, less so. Still, I would prefer to receive a physical gift. Cool accessories are also fine.

RPGs: Here's my RPG Geek list, if you want it to get better feel for what I like or check a gift idea against it. I enjoy tactical games such as D&D 4E, Fragged Empires, & Strike!, but am into more narrative or experimental games as well (e.g. PBtA & kin, ORE games, and the Marvel Heroic RPG). Weird and out there is fine with me – old school flavors of the same are less likely to stick. Because I haven't found a new roleplaying group yet, a gift in another category would probably see more immediate use.

Card Games: Netrunner is my jam, but I already have everything I need there. I also enjoy Keyforge. I've played FFG L5R in the past, but do not play currently. I've also played Magic previously, but haven't touched it since sometime around Kaladesh. I've dabbled with other games, but it's more of a casual interest in those.

Board Games: As above, here's my BGG list. I haven't actually been much into boardgames in the past, but my interest in them definitely picked up before my move. So they might be a nice way to meet new people with similar interests. I tend to mostly prefer American over Eurogames. Once again, please keep size in mind!

Miniatures: I've never gotten into miniatures, despite several tries. Warhammer Underworlds is an exception, since it's a mix of multiple mechanisms I enjoy. Probably pass on anything in this category; I just don't have the space right now.

Comics: Of the big two, I prefer Marvel. But I probably read more indie titles than supers. I have enjoyed Saga, Die, Monstress, Transformers, Fell's Five D&D, Ales Kot's Zero, Black Science, Trillium, and Southern Bastards amongst others.

Please, no: Video games, anime, dice (unless they're highly unusual), RPGs with poor rules (D&D 3.5, 5, PF 1e), products from known blights on the hobby (including Magpie Games {barring unbeknownst retractions}), etc.

General Location: SoCal, USA :ca:

Solemn Vow: On joyful day and jolliest night,
No Santee shall escape my sight.
For those who grinch a goon's delight,
Beware my wrath... Secret Santa's smite!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK! I'm back from camping and I'm exhausted but I will power through and get the assignments done tonight. This is the cutoff for the main round! Look for your assignment emails for the main round to trickle out over the next hour or so.

Starting from here, folks can participate in LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 1. The rules are the same as for the main round, except: I'll fill each round at 8 participants or when 1 week has passed, whichever comes first, and, you still have to get gifts delivered by the same deadline as the main round, which means you have less time to figure out your gift and get it shipped.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
All in on the Christmas cheer this year. Lightning Bonus round me!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Gift Ordered, hopefully will get shipping notification soon.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I'll go for a BONUS ROUND also

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.
My Gift has been ordered. Please sign me up for the lightning round

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer
Gifts have been dispatched! ...there will be three separate packages for which I am sorry but it seemed better to ship directly rather than to me to reship. But they're horrible. It will be great.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Aww beans; I missed signups for this. One of these days there should be a mailing list or something :( I'll have to hopefully catch a lightning round if my next paycheck will support it in and among the other Christmas shopping i have to do

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

jivjov posted:

Aww beans; I missed signups for this. One of these days there should be a mailing list or something :( I'll have to hopefully catch a lightning round if my next paycheck will support it in and among the other Christmas shopping i have to do

There is a mailing list! Would you like me to put you on it?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Leperflesh posted:

There is a mailing list! Would you like me to put you on it?

Yes absolutely! This is one of my favorite annual traditions!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah there's no way I'm having my gifts shipped to me and then on to DESTINATION REDACTED when there's an ocean in between us so there'll be two separate packages because of the vagaries of buying stuff online, one of which has shipped, the other one has not yet.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I'll be buying and shipping my gifts on or around the 5th of Dec. Will post to confirm then.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

jivjov posted:

Yes absolutely! This is one of my favorite annual traditions!

Is your email address the same as the one you previously used with TGSS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Gift sent!