Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
That’s a lot of dice! I’ll have to look into this a bit further, when it’s not rear end:00 in the morning. Thanks, Santa!

Edit: Damnit, iPhone camera!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Rhyos posted:

That’s a lot of dice! I’ll have to look into this a bit further, when it’s not rear end:00 in the morning. Thanks, Santa!

Edit: Damnit, iPhone camera!

Merry Christmas!

Amazon appears to have split my present to you into two shipments, so you have some more dystopian Christmas cheer inbound.

So as a fellow mead-drinker, my initial plan was to send you some mead from Australia. It's not particularly common down here but the oldest commercial meadery is based in the wine region just outside my city!
Then I discovered that you can't ship wine to the US because of insanely tight import laws you guys have on booze. On the plus side it left me with two bottles of mead I'm working my way through.

Plan two was getting mead to you from a US distributor, but the few sites I tried wouldn't accept payment from my card, possibly due to the shipping address being yours and the billing address being mine.

So I pivoted hard into the cyberpunk part of your request! I'm uh...I'm not sure why you got an entire box of dice rather than just a set, but hey, if you enjoy them then it's all good!

Some small notes for your second present which will become apparent when you receive it:
- The on/off switch is described as a bump, located just behind the battery casing and is unlabled.
- There may be a little plastic tab insert in the batteries that will need to be removed before it works.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Mode 7 posted:

Some small notes for your second present which will become apparent when you receive it:
- The on/off switch is described as a bump, located just behind the battery casing and is unlabled.
- There may be a little plastic tab insert in the batteries that will need to be removed before it works.

First :dong: of the '19 TGSS spotted

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

JackMann posted:

Holy crap thank you! I love this model, it's simply a beast of an ork. I've been wanting to get one, but hadn't brought myself to pull the trigger yet. I can't wait to paint this bad boy up. Thank you so much!

Glad you like! It looked really bad rear end.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

My Christmas Cheer has been dispatched! May it swiftly find its to way to my santee.

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.

Mode 7 posted:

Merry Christmas!

Amazon appears to have split my present to you into two shipments, so you have some more dystopian Christmas cheer inbound.

So as a fellow mead-drinker, my initial plan was to send you some mead from Australia. It's not particularly common down here but the oldest commercial meadery is based in the wine region just outside my city!
Then I discovered that you can't ship wine to the US because of insanely tight import laws you guys have on booze. On the plus side it left me with two bottles of mead I'm working my way through.

Plan two was getting mead to you from a US distributor, but the few sites I tried wouldn't accept payment from my card, possibly due to the shipping address being yours and the billing address being mine.

So I pivoted hard into the cyberpunk part of your request! I'm uh...I'm not sure why you got an entire box of dice rather than just a set, but hey, if you enjoy them then it's all good!

At the very least, I can use them to replace the more generic dice I have!
And thanks for keeping the mead in mind, even if it didn't pan out. Enjoy it, and knock one back for me!

I'll have to check the mail room to see if part 2 arrived - it was 2-something AM when I checked, so I likely missed it in my haze of waking up.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
Cheer has been dispatched!

Or at least the first part of cheer.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Just checking my emails and wait, what's this?

A free pdf of a highly sweet-looking mecha game!

But there's more!

What my mystery Santa has bought me is, in fact, a selection of things from my DTRPG wishlist!

Thanks Santa!

potatocubed fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Dec 7, 2019

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

potatocubed posted:

Just checking my emails and wait, what's this?

A free pdf of a highly sweet-looking mecha game!

But there's more!

What my mystery Santa has bought me is, in fact, a selection of things from my DTRPG wishlist!

Thanks Santa!

Glad you liked it! I must admit you initially had me stumped. I figured LANCER would be perfect for you, but I was hemming and hawing because I honestly thought you might already own it. The DTRPG stuff was stuff I figured would complement it. Happy gaming!

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

jassi007 posted:

Glad you like! It looked really bad rear end.

It's going to be a lot of fun to paint. Thank you so much.

And lightning round cheer has been sent onwards. I believe it should arrive Thursday or Friday.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Yvonmukluk posted:

Glad you liked it! I must admit you initially had me stumped. I figured LANCER would be perfect for you, but I was hemming and hawing because I honestly thought you might already own it. The DTRPG stuff was stuff I figured would complement it. Happy gaming!

I am horrendously difficult to buy for, it's true.

Thanks again!

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Cotton Candidasis posted:

Thanks aldantefax! Now I can get my group fired up and ready to perpetrate some glorious misdeeds (with plenty of dice!).

Technically, you only need 1/50th of the dice I sent you per player. However, I recommend you start finding ways to use the other dice and make your players sweat a bit. Just mention that you're adding a Shadowrun-esque Combat Pool to the game and start taking the dice out...

Benedict
Mar 7, 2008

Why, yes, that is Glemdenning
I was awoken by the missus to be told I had a package!

Was it a goon package? An imgurian package? Something from the BRA?

IT WAS A GOON PACKAGE. Sorry in my blearly sleep deprived state there were no package or opening pictures.

[insert package image of a generic rectangular box from amazon with its blue holiday packing tape and exhortations to purchase amazon prime]

OMG ITS A GAME AND A BABYYYYYYYYYYYY

Wait. This baby can be improved! He is under dressed for the holiday!

Thats better but now he looks a bit morose... I know! FILTERS

Finally something for you to enjoy while looking at this thread and pictures! A NEW MUSICAL MASTERPIECE FROM YOURS TRULY! MERRY GOONMAS ONE AND ALL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPrtbm6C9fM

Also santa. I am 99% sure you put a note in the box. My well meaning wife tidied up and tossed the box before I could read the note. I am sorry. Did it say something cool?

Benedict fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Dec 7, 2019

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Rhyos posted:

At the very least, I can use them to replace the more generic dice I have!
And thanks for keeping the mead in mind, even if it didn't pan out. Enjoy it, and knock one back for me!

I'll have to check the mail room to see if part 2 arrived - it was 2-something AM when I checked, so I likely missed it in my haze of waking up.

All good, you havne't missed anything; it does indeed look like it was split up - I've just gotten shipping notification for the other half of your present and you should have it around December 12th.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
Cheer incoming! Santee, you should receive a package by this Thursday. Please look forward to it!

Auralsaurus Flex fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Dec 8, 2019

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?
A double update from me:

First, my cheer is out-bound; should arrive by Wednesday/Thursday.

Second, I received a MYSTERIOUS EMAIL from DTRPG saying that someone had ordered a gift me it. It turned out to be a digital copy of this:

It looks super cool! Thanks, TG Secret Santa!

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Benedict posted:

I was awoken by the missus to be told I had a package!

Was it a goon package? An imgurian package? Something from the BRA?

IT WAS A GOON PACKAGE. Sorry in my blearly sleep deprived state there were no package or opening pictures.

[insert package image of a generic rectangular box from amazon with its blue holiday packing tape and exhortations to purchase amazon prime]

OMG ITS A GAME AND A BABYYYYYYYYYYYY

Wait. This baby can be improved! He is under dressed for the holiday!

Thats better but now he looks a bit morose... I know! FILTERS

Finally something for you to enjoy while looking at this thread and pictures! A NEW MUSICAL MASTERPIECE FROM YOURS TRULY! MERRY GOONMAS ONE AND ALL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPrtbm6C9fM

Also santa. I am 99% sure you put a note in the box. My well meaning wife tidied up and tossed the box before I could read the note. I am sorry. Did it say something cool?

The note was just that I originally tried for Quacks, but the original seller I bought from cancelled the order on me. I felt bad enough that I just ordered Tsuro and a stuffed possum instead. Since everyone needs more possums.

Benedict
Mar 7, 2008

Why, yes, that is Glemdenning
Sadness on quacks but this way I got a possum!

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
:siren: Double update:siren:

Part 1, in which a thing is ravenously opened:

My santa got me the X-Wing starter set and the Heroes of the Resistance set, which comes with Poe's X-Wing and Rey's Falcon. It's pretty friggin' dope! Thanks, mysterious mystery person!

I've been thinking of getting into X-wing for a while, so having the ability to finally do that is really cool. Thanks!

Part 2, in which a thing is ravenously sent:

I placed the order for my santee direct from the game publisher. I hope you enjoy it!

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
I have been Santa'd!

Ruined buildings, the perfect setting for every occasion! Thanks Santa, this will go nicely with my Christmas project.

I particularly like the green lights on the official paint job, they suggest the Doom Slayer will be passing through shortly.

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?

Loxbourne posted:

I have been Santa'd!

Ruined buildings, the perfect setting for every occasion! Thanks Santa, this will go nicely with my Christmas project.

I particularly like the green lights on the official paint job, they suggest the Doom Slayer will be passing through shortly.

Glad that you like it! Hopefully it will work for a bunch of different games.

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.

Loxbourne posted:

I have been Santa'd!

That looks like a really fun kit. Post pictures once you get working on it!

Both of my targets have decided to wait on unwrapping their gifts so Im living vicariously through folks like you opening things up. So far it looks like a lot of good santas this year

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.
I went down to get the mail and there was a mysterious extra box there. Luckily I had 20 minutes til my next conference call so I had time to open it up

Well Im just going to have to take a peek:

And buried underneath was a note!

And finally the box will be perfect for the cat we just adopted

Thank you so much Santa! This game has been on my radar for a little while and I think it will be a lot of fun for us to play! Im really looking forward to getting it on the table.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Grundma posted:

I went down to get the mail and there was a mysterious extra box there. Luckily I had 20 minutes til my next conference call so I had time to open it up

Well Im just going to have to take a peek:

And buried underneath was a note!

And finally the box will be perfect for the cat we just adopted

Thank you so much Santa! This game has been on my radar for a little while and I think it will be a lot of fun for us to play! Im really looking forward to getting it on the table.

Oh good it arrived, I was worried it'd get stolen when Amazon shipped it early. Merry Christmas!

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
I came home from a dreary Monday at work to not one, but TWO doses TGSS goodness!

First up, this lovely package from Amazon

What do we have? A lot of dice, and dice bags for my dice, and a dice bag for my dices dice bag! (there are 6 dice bags haha) AND a resistance Transport! BEEP BEEP, ALL ABOARD THE SPACE BUS!

Thank you Santa #1!

Then package #2.

Well that is a handsome face I do declare.

Yup, smoooth MoFo. But what is inside you ask?

Some new games to play with my friends! We're having game night Saturday so we'll definitely give these a spin. Thank you Santa #2!

jassi007 fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Dec 10, 2019

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer
A wild BOX appeared!

]

The catspector general sprang into action and subdued it.

Inside were gifts in pretty bags!

And inside the bags were....

A book about fictional animals complete with anatomical studies!

And a book about photos from space, as the ISS gazes down upon us benignly!

Thanks santa Berenzen, these are great books that I'll have fun looking through!

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Package came in today. It may require a crack team to investigate.

Its contents deemed safe as any other Crimbus package, I proceeded to open it and . . .

A cool miniature stompy walker and some liquid greenstuff!

Thank you so much! I already have fun conversion plans for the stompy walker for a convention game that has come up jokingly for a few years (time-traveller gives John Brown a mechanized suit), and the liquid greenstuff is something I’ve never used before, so it’ll be fun to experiment with.

Merry goonmas, one and all!

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.

Hedningen posted:

Package came in today. It may require a crack team to investigate.

Its contents deemed safe as any other Crimbus package, I proceeded to open it and . . .

A cool miniature stompy walker and some liquid greenstuff!

Thank you so much! I already have fun conversion plans for the stompy walker for a convention game that has come up jokingly for a few years (time-traveller gives John Brown a mechanized suit), and the liquid greenstuff is something I’ve never used before, so it’ll be fun to experiment with.

Merry goonmas, one and all!

I am glad you like it! My FLGS is really fantasy/hammer heavy in the miniature department so I had to go digging. May it splatterfly many a genteel racist.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
A package was found upon my doorstep. What manner of postage does this portend?

Postal Inspector Tron gives it a sniff.

The Inspector has given this package the all-clear! I may now open it.

Miniatures! Cool, weird old-school miniatures! 48 15mm miniatures from ion age, a couple kendo students, and some bits and bobs for conversion! Thanks so much, Hedningen!

I love these weird-rear end minis. There's not one, but two robo-santas, a robot monkey, death with a cybernetic scythe, and a dancing clown robot. I love them all dearly.

But apparently there's still a riddle to solve...

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Cheer deployed!

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

JackMann posted:

A package was found upon my doorstep. What manner of postage does this portend?

Postal Inspector Tron gives it a sniff.

The Inspector has given this package the all-clear! I may now open it.

Miniatures! Cool, weird old-school miniatures! 48 15mm miniatures from ion age, a couple kendo students, and some bits and bobs for conversion! Thanks so much, Hedningen!

I love these weird-rear end minis. There's not one, but two robo-santas, a robot monkey, death with a cybernetic scythe, and a dancing clown robot. I love them all dearly.

But apparently there's still a riddle to solve...

I still need to write that riddle, too. Or perhaps it’s already been hidden somewhere?

Glad you like them! They were the weirdest minis I could find. The little kendo miniatures are from Bad Squiddo Games, who are fantastic and currently running a WWII Kickstarter with lots of neat UK homefront stuff.

(The riddle idea is to buy time, as there’s one more weird mini coming, but shipping is taking awhile and the merchant is, understandably, swamped at the moment.)

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

My gift has been sent; Santee beware!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Customs Officer Casper intercepted these parcels, and couldn't find anything to confiscate, but I had to bribe him with a treat to get them anyway

Books for reading! Thanks Santa Kwyndig!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

jassi007 posted:

Well that is a handsome face I do declare.

Yup, smoooth MoFo. But what is inside you ask?

Some new games to play with my friends! We're having game night Saturday so we'll definitely give these a spin. Thank you Santa #2!

Merry holidays from your Santa.

My game group especially loves the fast paced nature of Dungeon of Fortune. There is one fairly large omission from the rule book (it's on the FAQ in their site)
you can "spend" collected scroll cards to re-draw an encountered card. let's you push your luck just a liiitle bit more!

Hope you enjoy!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

NTRabbit posted:

Customs Officer Casper intercepted these parcels, and couldn't find anything to confiscate, but I had to bribe him with a treat to get them anyway

Books for reading! Thanks Santa Kwyndig!

I hope you like them. I do!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Heya folks! Love to see those gifts still rolling in!

Just a friendly reminder that, per the rules in the OP, gifts must be mailed by December 16th and also be delivered by December 20th. There are approximately five of you that I have not yet seen a clear indication of having put a gift in the mail - you have until Monday! Better get a move on!

I will be sending out email reminders shortly as well.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
And now for my other Santa Surprise

Two Boxen:

A bizarre cool miniature and a small box game, both of which are delightful.

Somehow I've managed to never hear of this game and it looks quite deviously fun.

Thanks Santa Grundma!

(I did read the notes in the right order, purely by chance of course)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNxiWo8gRRI

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Dec 14, 2019

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I've come back from dinner to discover a Mystery!

First inspection is quick. She's got places to be.

Her replacement is quick to back me up.

He's much more thorough.

Ah, a Criterion selection no doubt. Can't wait to smoke a pipe and say "mm, quite" about it.

Shifu is left speechless having been asked "who is the master?"

This is a great continuation of TGSS tradition. It should make a glorious double feature along with last year's Blood Diner!

On a related note, here's one of the first things I made in Premier long ago.

Kung Fu high fives to my Secret Santa, and a kicking Crumbus to all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011
Attention!
Gift Box Deployed!

Gift has arrived from some-goon!

I was not expecting something this cool!
Thank you!
As an aside, today is my birthday, so it enhanced my joy!