Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.

The Bloop posted:

And now for my other Santa Surprise

Two Boxen:

A bizarre cool miniature and a small box game, both of which are delightful.

Somehow I've managed to never hear of this game and it looks quite deviously fun.

Thanks Santa Grundma!

(I did read the notes in the right order, purely by chance of course)

Im glad you like them! For Sale has become the go to game for lunchtime in my office and I hope its as big a hit with your group. Have fun with the new model and dont forget to post some pictures when you get around to painting it!

Also please pet that wonderful dog and give them a treat for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
Shipping in time was crazy, but joy is on its way! Santee, you should have your stuff by the 20th at the latest. Hope you enjoy it!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

A package arrived!

Feline Postal Inspector Sinister made sure it didn’t contain anything dangerous (or interesting to cats). But if not cat treats, what could it contain?

:monocle: Why, it’s The Expanse! That’s brilliant, I can’t wait to get a game going with it!

Thanks, Santa! Thanta!

DigitalRaven fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Dec 12, 2019

Diabeesting
Apr 29, 2006

turn right to escape

JackMann posted:

Okay, I have made sure that my house will not explode. It turns out my roommate never touched the gas. Someone seems to have hit it while trying to reach the grease trap in the George Foreman Grill.

Holy crap thank you! I love this model, it's simply a beast of an ork. I've been wanting to get one, but hadn't brought myself to pull the trigger yet. I can't wait to paint this bad boy up. Thank you so much!

Ohhh man I've got a Creature Caster model on the way to me and I couldn't be more excited. It's gonna be the first big model I paint and I can't wait to see how your orc looks when you paint it!

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
Cola, that’s not how AR goggles work! Oh well, she can rock them better than I ever could. But how did she manage to find them without opposable thumbs?! She must have made a deal with some sort of nordic elf.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Rhyos posted:

Cola, that’s not how AR goggles work! Oh well, she can rock them better than I ever could. But how did she manage to find them without opposable thumbs?! She must have made a deal with some sort of nordic elf.

Merry Christmas! It's not a dong, and hopefully the batteries and on/off switch info makes more sense now.

I hope you get some use out of it in the cyberpunk scene!

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Hey!

Sorry I've been a ghost. I'm deep in the wastes of grading finals and my giant extended family is visiting soon*. It's been really drat busy and terrible. I got a package and I just did my part for my secret Santee. Mail sucks around now so it might arrive on Tuesday and I'll take whatever punishment the thread deems correct. I ain't grinching, just, you know, I got a stack of exams the size of my torso and holidays are hard so it might be a day late. I'm a monster, I know.

*Hey you know what's fun juggling my Jewish girlfriend who has never done a Christmas before and also 20 nominal Catholics who don't speak English so I have to translate. That's really just a treat.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Xiahou Dun posted:

Hey!

Sorry I've been a ghost. I'm deep in the wastes of grading finals and my giant extended family is visiting soon*. It's been really drat busy and terrible. I got a package and I just did my part for my secret Santee. Mail sucks around now so it might arrive on Tuesday and I'll take whatever punishment the thread deems correct. I ain't grinching, just, you know, I got a stack of exams the size of my torso and holidays are hard so it might be a day late. I'm a monster, I know.

*Hey you know what's fun juggling my Jewish girlfriend who has never done a Christmas before and also 20 nominal Catholics who don't speak English so I have to translate. That's really just a treat.

Good news! If your gift arrives to your Santee on this coming Tuesday the 17th, it's not late at all! I'm just glad to hear you're OK, and you got your gift. Let us know what you got, when you get a chance, and good luck with the family stuff.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Just posting to say I have received my gift. I actually got it yesterday, but I forgot to mention it. I'll open it on the 25th.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

DigitalRaven posted:

:monocle: Why, it’s The Expanse! That’s brilliant, I can’t wait to get a game going with it!

Thanks, Santa! Thanta!

Woo! That publisher didn't allow gift options or messages but I figured you'd work out why you were getting a random package on your doorstop soon enough.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Yvonmukluk posted:

Just posting to say I have received my gift. I actually got it yesterday, but I forgot to mention it. I'll open it on the 25th.

Open it now!

Not your secret Santa, but I have it on good authority that it's all gift wrapped up inside, and there's a card to open now.

:)

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Belated confirmation that most of my Santee’s gifts will be on his doorstep in time! (In fact, creepily enough Amazon sent me a photo of one package on his doorstep already!)

I have one last thing to get out tomorrow. I’m not allowing myself to unbox my gift until that package arrives.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

Open it now!

Not your secret Santa, but I have it on good authority that it's all gift wrapped up inside, and there's a card to open now.

:)
I got the card! No photos right now, but I v. much appreciate the excellent hand-drawn Opossum art. :3:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

ibntumart posted:

Belated confirmation that most of my Santee’s gifts will be on his doorstep in time! (In fact, creepily enough Amazon sent me a photo of one package on his doorstep already!)

I have one last thing to get out tomorrow. I’m not allowing myself to unbox my gift until that package arrives.

If you read back in the thread, you might find your Santee has already opened that delivered package! Unless I've made a bookkeeping error, which is possible.

As of today, Every Santa has posted they've at least shipped which is excellent!

There are some Santees who have probably received a package but not yet posted, and there's a fair number of items that are in transit right now.

My own Santee's main package spent six days just getting from a USPS facility in Nashville, TN to a USPS facility in Miami, FL... on its way to an international destination. Yuck. But I still think it's gonna get there in time!

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

ToyotaThong posted:

Attention!
Gift Box Deployed!

When in doubt, give someone a large truck. Either they now have a large truck, in which case wooo!, or they now have two large trucks, in which case they can run mechanised lists.

***ATTENTION, MOST NOBLE DENIZENS OF THE TG SECRET SANTA THREAD***

I have today received A BOX

Containing A NOTE

Containing A DIRECTIVE FROM THE MASTER FABRICATOR commanding WELL-WISHES and GOOD CHEER

Alongside SWEET THINGS and SCHWEET RUINS.

The MASTER FABRICATOR HIMSELF has come to inspect the ruins to insure they meet accepted standards of ominousness and weeping for lost glory. YOU WILL WEEP, CITIZENS.

Oh my, this is amazing and I adore the little Bearer of Cybernetic Gifts! Thanks so much, Unknown Goon! :woop:

(Does he bring bad children a bag of severed limbs?)

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

I have it on good authority, that he brings bad children extra work quotas to fulfill in the sweat-shops ;)

So happy you liked it, Loxbourne! Also, I don't know which makes me happier; that the gift resulted in more than government-mandated amounts of cheer, or that it finally arrived unscathed. I've been :f5:ing that T&T link sooo hard these past days :D

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
I've been getting notifications from a lot of online vendors that today's the last day for shipping and UPS isn't guaranteeing poo poo this year for Dec 25 delivery in the continental US, so good luck to all those packages out there!

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
I received a package that the delivery people literally threw at my door last night (gave the dogs quite some alarm)!

Oh, this must be from a Santa trying to make games Fun Again! The fun was bursting forth from the delivery driver so surely they really wanted me to enjoy this package, which is why they threw it at my apartment door.

Ah, a petit taco of boardgame. It's about the size of a 4x4x2 box. Last time I saw such a boardgame size was Skull, a fine game in and of its own right...

Oh, BIOS:GENESIS! What the gently caress is this game?

quote:

In Bios: Genesis, one to four players start as organic compounds shortly after Earth's formation, represented by up to three Biont tokens. The Amino Acids command Metabolism, the lipids create cells, the pigments control energy absorption and storage, and the nucleic acids control templated replication. Their goal is a double origin of life: first as Autocatalytic Life (a metabolic cycle reproducing, yet not replicating, its own constituents), and the second as Darwinian Life (an Organism using a template to replicate in an RNA world). Players can play cooperative, competitive, or solitaire.

Notes designer Phil Eklund, "This subject is the most difficult and ambitious I have ever attempted, and it has taken many years to get it to work right." With Bios: Genesis, Bios: Megafauna, and Origins: How We Became Human, Eklund takes players through almost the whole breadth and scope of life on Earth.

Hmm, I had not heard of this game before, let's check on BGG for the stats...

More than 50% of respondents rate this game as 5/5 in terms of complexity, eh? And it's part 1 of 3 other games in the same boat by this designer?

I got a game about the MOLECULAR ARMS RACE with one of the highest possible complexity ratings that BGG has to offer!

This is awesome!

Thank you, Secret Santa! I am gonna try and clear off some table space to play this at least solo :negative: or with up to 3 other poor souls who would find fun in exploring the start of cellular life on planet Earth!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Just stick to Prokaryotes.

Multicellular life has turned out to be a mistake

(that game looks cool)

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.
Another Box has arrived!

Such nice wrapping paper!

New brushes are always great to have and I'll be putting these to use soon. Theres a little handmade leather box with 4 very heavy solid metal d6es. Im really looking forward to breaking them in.

And a box of orks! I always loved the style of these guys so Im gonna enjoy building and painting these! Now to figure out how I want to build em for a kill team.

Thank you so much mystery Santa! An excellent surprise and a great thing to get on a lazy Saturday

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Hey! This morning I awoke to yet more Sssssssecrets from Santa!

A roughly 8x11 package. What could it be!?

Only one inspector this time, and he stays at a distance. Must be dangerous.

Wow! I believe this says, roughly, "May your holy days be merry and bright!" Thanks Santa, you enormous nerd!

Oh wait, further inspection was needed!

Well everything still seems safe.

Seriously thanks. My collection is nearly complete, and I hear this is a pretty good adventure module. Thanks again!

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Grundma posted:

Another Box has arrived!

Such nice wrapping paper!

New brushes are always great to have and I'll be putting these to use soon. Theres a little handmade leather box with 4 very heavy solid metal d6es. Im really looking forward to breaking them in.

And a box of orks! I always loved the style of these guys so Im gonna enjoy building and painting these! Now to figure out how I want to build em for a kill team.

Thank you so much mystery Santa! An excellent surprise and a great thing to get on a lazy Saturday

Glad you liked it! I hope you're able to put together a good bit of an Ork kill team.

(The dice are handmade/forged as well)

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Holy crap that's a good kitty.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Xiahou Dun posted:

Holy crap that's a good kitty.

He is tied for best cat with my other cat.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

That Old Tree posted:

He is tied for best cat with my other cat.

That's a great cat. Hot drat.

Amazon says my gift was delivered. I hope it was.

Benedict
Mar 7, 2008

Why, yes, that is Glemdenning
Santee!

DID YOU LIKE YOUR STUFF!?!?!?!?!

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
I've been running around all weekend getting my marriage proposal set so I haven't had a chance to post my gift yet. It showed up right as I was out the door so I got it out of the rain and snapped a picture. It's Machi Koro Legacy! My ~FIANCE~ and I are excited to give this a shot since we like legacy games and Machi Koro is popular among our friends. Thanks Santa!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Wow congratulations Chekans on your upcoming nuptials! Also the present.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Dec 19, 2019

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

O woof. Revealing the mystery but I was drunk and stressed as gently caress when I ordered that so I was worried it was a fever dream.

Hope you like it and congrats!

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Wait I just realized that my two gifts are themed making them even better holy poo poo I'm dumb.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
So I come home today, sorting through all the holiday and apartment stuff that came in the mail-

wait what's this box I didn't order-

OH MY GOD IT'S A CHRISTMAS BONANZA!

Necromunda and brushes and snacks and an M1 Garand pen and all sorts of cool stuff from Florida and

A KICKING RAD SAILOR MARS STICKER

Thank you so much ToyotaThong!

LaSquida fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Dec 16, 2019

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Get home to a mysterious parcel, hidden behind the bins. I've not ordered anything? What could it be?

Let's have a peek...

Oooo it's secret Santa time!

Ooo, nice, well have to crack this out next board game night. Looks really cool!

Opossuuuuummmm!!!!

Thanks Secret Santa!

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
Wait, how many of us sent Possums in addition to TG gifts?

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
Glad you enjoyed and got it on time! I was hoping Amazon would ship from a warehouse in the UK or something, but it shipped from the US. Red Dragon Inn is a great game, and the expansions help it scale well for larger groups. Totally worth it!

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011

LeSquide posted:

So I come home today, sorting through all the holiday and apartment stuff that came in the mail-

wait what's this box I didn't order-

OH MY GOD IT'S A CHRISTMAS BONANZA!

Necromunda and brushes and snacks and an M1 Garand pen and all sorts of cool stuff from Florida and

A KICKING RAD SAILOR MARS STICKER

Thank you so much ToyotaThong!

Glad you like it LeSquide!
Don't forget, the tag that is flipped over in the pic, is a sticker too!
Also. I felt that snack was the safest way to send a dong!

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I have a parcel waiting for me at my local depot that is likely my secret santa parcel!
I'll go grab it tomorrow morning.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Leperflesh posted:

If you read back in the thread, you might find your Santee has already opened that delivered package! Unless I've made a bookkeeping error, which is possible.

And so it was! And the second gift as well. I have been working crazy hours the last several weeks, so I was a bit discombobulated.

Still one more en route to complete my gifting trifecta.

To my Santa: I will post unboxing pics soon! I owe myself a drink and box emptying.

Swags
Dec 9, 2006

aldantefax posted:

Thank you, Secret Santa! I am gonna try and clear off some table space to play this at least solo :negative: or with up to 3 other poor souls who would find fun in exploring the start of cellular life on planet Earth!

Oh man, I am so happy you like it because I know jack and poo poo about board games. I literally just sorted BGG by complexity and tried to grab one of the hard ones that it would be unlikely you would have. Hope it plays well!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Based on my spreadsheet, there's only about seven giftees packages still in transit.

-Mode 7 hasn't gotten their gift yet. Tracking suggests it's close.
-Rid received 1 of 2 expected things
-Berenzen doesn't have either of 2 expected things. Tracking suggests it's close.
-Rhjamiz has 1 of 2 expected things
-JackMann received 1 of an unknown but larger than 1 number of expected things, I think? Santa was slightly vague on this point.
-That Old Tree received 2 of 3 expected things
-Rhjamiz' lighting round thing was shipped but hasn't arrived yet. I haven't checked tracking on it.

If the santas for these goons believe my info is in error, please let me know via email. If the above goons have received additional items but not yet posted about them, please also let me know here or by email. If we're lucky, this might be the first year we've ever had 100% of gifts arrive by the deadline!

One of the reasons the deadline is the 20th is to give us a couple of days for A) shippers to gently caress things up, and B) santees to fix fuckups, before we wind up well past xmas. Nobody should feel bad right now, we're doing really well, and I've not had a single Santa this year who gave me the "oh boy this person seems like they're gonna mess this up" vibe that I usually get right before someone fucks up.

So hang in there, folks, we're nearly there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

O that reminds me!

Sorry, things have gone from holiday hectic to just insane*, so I never photographed my Secret Santa gifts, and they said to not open them until Christmas but things are madness here and we do Kraut Christmas anyway.

I got a copy of Everything Is Dolphins and a very cool and weird narrative game called Ekphrasis I look forward to playing over the holidays. Thanks, Santa! I asked for weird RPG's and I got them with gusto!

*O were you worried about your girlfriend getting along with your family? What if she was suddenly hospitalized! Enjoy planning a long drive out of nowhere!