Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince

Major panic at work. Systems failing. Nobody knows what to do. Stress levels off the charts. Raised voices, raised blood pressures.
Robert, calmly, browsing classic cars on autotrader.
"This is nothing", he says. "I remember one winter back in '89 when there were three simultaneous bomb threats, a building on fire, and a kitten stuck up a tree, and it was just me and Gaston on shift, because everyone was caught in a blizzard, and Gaston says to me 'you think this is bad, try raising three teenage daughters!'. Well, we got through it. Just tell those guys to turn off the hockey game and get working. Did I ever tell you about my old RX7?"
And you know what? If Robert's not worried, you're not worried. A sense of calm falls over the workplace. You open an autotrader tab and start looking for old RX7s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

Tijuana-A-Go-Go posted:

*Robert gazes at the meal in front of him, his steak overcooked, his burned fries resembling a funeral pyre, his roasted vegetables charred and dry like stones in a desert*

*The waiter approaches*

Waiter: How is everything?

Robert: It’s fine thanks

Robert prefers his food well done.

Finger Prince

"Bobbo! What's the good news, Bob?" says William, senior director of Robert's department (despite being 10 years his junior), with a wide fake smile.
"you finished that report yet?"
Robert seethes. William has never called him anything but Bob, Bobbo, Bobby, and once, slightly drunk at a Christmas party, Bobert.
"I'll have it on your desk by Friday Bill, and it's Robert" he dreams of telling him.
"I'll have it on your desk tomorrow, William"
"See that you do Bob."

Finger Prince

If it was Robert Dobelina, Del would have never written that song.