Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

hes trying his best

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

FutonForensic posted:

The cashier spoke to Robert. "There's a two-for-one on lemons. If you go get another lemon, you get that lemon as a free lemon"

But I'm already checking out, panicked Robert, and I only came to the store to get one lemon.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Hmm maybe I'll get married and have a family

Heather Papps

hello friend

Finger Prince posted:

And you know what? If Robert's not worried, you're not worried.

Heather Papps

hello friend

so i was wondering if maybe, you konw, you could see a romantic future with me?

jessica? hi, sorry, i don't want to interrupt your phone time but this is very important to me.

oh, a swarm? okay never mind. i will send you an email.

Heather Papps

hello friend

thanks rob!

robert smiles, inwardly, as he enters the tip into the keypad.
10 dollars is generous, he thinks. i've been coming to this pub for a few months now, and i really like it here.

you're welcome, he says.

his finger slips

an extra zero he doesn't notice till the receipt prints, and the barmaids eyes widen.

have a good night! he says, a cartoonish dust cloud in his shape remaining as he escapes

well
robert thinks
guess it's time to find a new bar.

Heather Papps

hello friend

robert typed a long post. it was funny, he previewed it and edited it. then he thought to himself, "am i really adding anything of value?"

robert closed his browser, turned off his laptop, brushed his teeth and went to bed.

Heather Papps

hello friend

google THIS posted:

When you first meet Robert you wonder why he doesn't go by "Rob" or "Bobby," but within ten minutes you're like, "I get it."

Heather Papps

hello friend

nut posted:

Robert perks up, "finally a thread for me!", he is hushed by the librarian.

Excitedly, he skims the thread, his wide grin melting to a frown, "Why are they making fun of single guys with no kids?"

robert has the second earliest reg date, but has never been probated or banned

Heather Papps

hello friend

hunh, you know, thinks robert
"my name is pretty close to richard. i wonder if he'd like me."

Heather Papps

hello friend

mark robert armstrong laughed aloud, at byob.

dad, okay, so like, remember that website i told you about? back in brantford, when i went nutz, and like, ended up moving home for a while, and like, some internet detective called my cell phone to tell me i should commit suicide? anyways, there is this funny thread, let me read you a few of the posts.

okay so normally, when someone makes a good thread, they'll do a post or two in a row, to like, set the tone.

uh, okay? pauses his CSI rerun

mountaincat posted:

It's time to restart your computer for an update!

"But I have so many tabs open," Robert pleaded. "I don't want to lose all my tabs."

FutonForensic posted:

The cashier spoke to Robert. "There's a two-for-one on lemons. If you go get another lemon, you get that lemon as a free lemon"

But I'm already checking out, panicked Robert, and I only came to the store to get one lemon.

google THIS posted:

Later, as Robert switched on his turn signal and made a responsible shoulder check, Robert reflected, It could have been worse. Unbidden, the time lemons were buy two get one intruded on his mind. He gripped the steering wheel more tightly.

my mother, reading her newspaper, laughs.
my father, robert lee armstrong, says

"i don't think this is funny"

i laugh, and say, wait, dad, listen to this one

Finger Prince posted:

Major panic at work. Systems failing. Nobody knows what to do. Stress levels off the charts. Raised voices, raised blood pressures.
Robert, calmly, browsing classic cars on autotrader.
"This is nothing", he says. "I remember one winter back in '89 when there were three simultaneous bomb threats, a building on fire, and a kitten stuck up a tree, and it was just me and Gaston on shift, because everyone was caught in a blizzard, and Gaston says to me 'you think this is bad, try raising three teenage daughters!'. Well, we got through it. Just tell those guys to turn off the hockey game and get working. Did I ever tell you about my old RX7?"
And you know what? If Robert's not worried, you're not worried. A sense of calm falls over the workplace. You open an autotrader tab and start looking for old RX7s.

my father smiles.

nut posted:

subway employee: Cheese and toasted?

robert: no

subway employee: to which?

robert: both

Tijuana-A-Go-Go posted:

*Robert gazes at the meal in front of him, his steak overcooked, his burned fries resembling a funeral pyre, his roasted vegetables charred and dry like stones in a desert*

*The waiter approaches*

Waiter: How is everything?

Robert: It’s fine thanks

my father laughs

Manifisto posted:

"enjoy the movie," says the ticket seller.

"you too," says robert. after a few steps it hits him. he pauses, turns, opens his mouth, decides better of it. as soon as the ticket seller is busy with another customer, robert flees, never to return. in the ensuing weeks and months he changes his route through town so he doesn't have to walk or drive past the theater.

my father frowns

google THIS posted:

When you first meet Robert you wonder why he doesn't go by "Rob" or "Bobby," but within ten minutes you're like, "I get it."

my father laughs

nut posted:

robert idles over the stove, pepper mill in hand, he loves pasta, but can he handle the spice

my mom cracks up, and my father says "okay i'm trying to watch teevee" and i just start laughing really hard and walk outside to smoke weed, thanking all that is holy that i am moving out in a month, having completed the construction/landscaping/renovation work on the house needed to prep it for them to sell in the next year or so.

Heather Papps

hello friend

robert stopped to pick up some groceries, when the cashier says

"wow robert are you sick? your voice isn't as cheerful as normal!"

robert is taken aback

he thinks to himself "my voice? cheerful?

he passes the pause off on the cold he actually does have, and smiles as she bags his kale

Heather Papps

hello friend

cream and sugar, right robert?

robert notices the cream and sugar have been already added

you know it!

robert is lactose intolerant and diabetic

Heather Papps

hello friend

robert visits his elderly parents for christmas. it is a long drive, and robert never drives above the speed limit, and when trucks ride his rear end and honk at him his body somehow becomes smaller, folding in on itself as the lights of a big rig bear down.

he pulls into the driveway, and before he has made it out of his car, his mother is at the door

"robbie! you're home!!!"

robert smiles

robert stands up straighter, and hugs his mother

Heather Papps

hello friend

Manifisto posted:

toast is so misunderstood, thinks robert, again

it is fine by itself, he says as he eats his 2 pieces of ancient grain flax bread, lightly toasted, no butter, no jam, nothing.

i like this, thinks robert

Heather Papps

hello friend

robert recognized someone from university, so, he took of his glasses, and pretended to be cleaning them while increasing his pace. after he was a few meters ahead of charles, he finally put his glasses back on, and his heart rate returned to normal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

Jaguars! posted:

But that would be melodramatic. He doesn't really have it that bad, all these people, they're probably busy with their own problems, why should he monopolize their time on things he can solve himself?
/
:negative: