Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/SeifertESPN/status/1195202675391942662

So, 4 games? He should be gone for the season imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Intruder posted:

lol at literally everyone saying "Well you see he grabbed Garrett's facemask first" to justify hitting Rudolph in the head with his own helmet

No one is justifying it ya dingus

The instigator should always be considered for punishment as well.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

hooray! post game show

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i feel like this is worse!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jubs posted:

Why was it offsetting when it was 2 to 1 on the penalties?

the only time penalties with fouls on both teams dont offset is when one team commits a 15 yard personal fould and the other commits a 5 yard, in which case the personal foul takes precedence

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

steve smith all like gently caress man wait till practice to get into a fight

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

ALFbrot posted:

My favorite is the clear "gently caress" from Rudolph as soon as he connects, and then the incensed ".... BITCH!" after Ogunjobi cleans him out for no reason

i like the bit in the middle, right after he gets brained but before he gets body-checked to the ground, where he loses his will to continue fighting and his sense of self-preservation and reverts to quarterback mode by throwing his arms in the air and looking around for a flag :lol:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

sportsgenius86 posted:

Lol the only reason anyone is advocating for a Rudolph suspension is because of what Garrett did to him after. If Garrett laughed and walked away, this would be a personal foul flag and a non issue.

Yeah, Rudolph will probably get fined, but I can't imagine him getting suspended after all of that

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Shinjobi posted:

I'm not talking about the people who want Rudolph suspended too, that's fine. I'm talking about the "Well Rudolph started it" posts

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Tomlin is pissed.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Intruder posted:

lol at literally everyone saying "Well you see he grabbed Garrett's facemask first" to justify hitting Rudolph in the head with his own helmet

you are literally the only person saying that, and you just keep jerking yourself off over it. People are just saying Rudolph also did something stupid as poo poo and should also be penalized for it. You see, they can both have done stupid things, one can even be a huge amount more stupid than the other, and we can still say they were both stupid!

Edit: ok well I guess that one guy is saying that...

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Shinjobi posted:

Garrett roughed him approximately seven hundred minutes after the pass was thrown. Is that instigation?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Borsche69 posted:

It was self defense.

Borsche69 posted:

Very clearly self defense.

Borsche69 posted:

Mason Rudolph roided out and started grabbing at Garret's helmet. What was he supposed to do?

this is excellent trolling

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Zyla posted:

hooray! post game show

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media/radio

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

oldskool posted:

i like the bit in the middle, right after he gets brained but before he gets body-checked to the ground, where he loses his will to continue fighting and his sense of self-preservation and reverts to quarterback mode by throwing his arms in the air and looking around for a flag :lol:

yeah that was legit hilarious

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Police need to get involved imho

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Mason deffo hit myles with a hard r and deserves what he got

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Zyla posted:

i feel like this is worse!

Depends, are we using NHL style punishment? Think Haynesworth's stomp did a lot more damage while this one had the chance to do way more damage than that but didn't.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jivesauce posted:

you are literally the only person saying that, and you just keep jerking yourself off over it

Sure, if you don't read the thread this is true

Anyway, Rudolph threw a sad to go along with his four picks and Garrett escalated beyond what was reasonable

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

the penalties were called after 3rd down ended

It occurred before the play was over.

Also the ref said "replay 4th down."

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Frank Sidebottom posted:

Police need to get involved imho

As long as they're going to investigate and bring to justice the true mastermind, Mason Rudolph

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Wonder if the Browns will start playing this on the jumbo tron instead of the old Joe Turkey Jones clip trying to kill Bradshaw?

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

ALFbrot posted:

As long as they're going to investigate and bring to justice the true mastermind, Mason Rudolph

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1195205480328695811

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

holy poo poo steve smith goin in

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

so who was it that blindsided rudolph and knocked him over before pouncey started pounding garret with his dumb ham fists?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
:gas:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ALFbrot posted:

Garrett roughed him approximately seven hundred minutes after the pass was thrown. Is that instigation?

That makes it okay to try and rip off Garrett's helmet! I see!

Not like roughing and uncalled roughing doesn't happen in 100% of the games each season multiple times or anything. Rudolph is completely blameless!!!!!

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
What's the Browns post-game radio station?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Jubs posted:

What's the Browns post-game radio station?

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media/radio

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

technically its battery :v:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Zyla posted:

what is this, philly?

I'll see myself out

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

^^^^^ :argh:

Zyla posted:

No its the eagles fans who throw the batteries

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
"A rivalry is when your marching band punches guys from Michigan when they walk on to the field. [...] I'm not saying it's right, but you have to acknowledge that now Cleveland fans can say there's a rivalry now. [...] To Browns fans, you can't take away the rivalry part of it." --> Cleveland sports radio host

lol what the gently caress

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Intruder posted:

what is this, philly?

I'll see myself out

:hfive:

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Shinjobi posted:

That makes it okay to try and rip off Garrett's helmet! I see!

Not like roughing and uncalled roughing doesn't happen in 100% of the games each season multiple times or anything. Rudolph is completely blameless!!!!!

"I just think that doing a penalty that results in an overreaction should be traced back to the inciting incident. no not that one"

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

surf rock posted:

"A rivalry is when your marching band punches guys from Michigan when they walk on to the field. [...] I'm not saying it's right, but you have to acknowledge that now Cleveland fans can say there's a rivalry now. [...] To Browns fans, you can't take away the rivalry part of it." --> Cleveland sports radio host

lol what the gently caress

Who was the Lions guard that took out someone on the band before a game?

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
What if Mason did a racism

I mean I have no evidence of that but what if he did

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

dont forget the defensive back that was ejected earlier in the game, gonna have multiple players suspended from this travesty of a game

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

really queer Christmas posted:

^^^^^ :argh:

No its the eagles fans who throw the batteries

In Cleveland we throw dog bones and bottles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Intruder posted:

Sure, if you don't read the thread this is true

Ah yes, that's why several other people pointed it out before I got to it. I wouldn't know that though as I haven't read the thread.